April

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“Hyung! I’m calling a cab, let’s go now.” Hoseok went back into reality.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Running on the street, Hoseok was late to his dance course for the sixth times this months. Arrived, he apologized which in what the teacher didn’t accept this time. They have finished the warm-up and was already practicing their dance routine. Hoseok already knew these movements and even further since the teacher had made one of his personal student. He was performing for some newcomer group as a back dancer. His teacher had many plans for him but coming late wasn’t playing on Hoseok’s favor.

“… You will see me at the end of the course, Hoseok. We need to talk.”

Hoseok cursed under his breath and started the course. After thirty minutes of repetitive steps, Hoseok had already learned the whole choreography while the other was still struggling with the first part. He then decided to help those who had the most problem. He helped those who were in the furthest and explained the choreography slowly. Which he didn’t know was that the teacher was watching the scene with the mirror. Hoseok had a huge potential, it was a fact that no one doubted about it. He was a good pedagogue to another student, who learned faster with him. So why was he so busy these days? He had never been late, and he seemed off during the showcases. He still giving incredible performance but from a professional view, we could witness that he wasn’t into it at 100%. Something was disturbing him, and his teacher wanted to help him as much as possible. He knew that he had lost his father young and maybe he was having a triggering. He heard from the student that he was going to Hospital more often, to pay a visiting to a patient. When he asked who was it, the students showed him a young boy performing piano with grace and elegance. His small body was producing beautiful notes, making the audience speechless.

“Teacher?”

He snapped back and saw that everyone had packed their stuff and leaved the room. While looking at Hoseok’s face he wondered what relationship he was having with this, now man, he supposed. Not completely part of his family, it could be seen overboard so he just stuck at his scolding and the news that he got from the Director himself.

“A promising student from Busan will join our University soon. You will be his personal teacher and show him the around. In fact, you will become teacher-student as soon as he will step a foot on this building.”

Hoseok didn’t know what to say so he stood silent. He had never thought of teaching someone at this extent. He was afraid and excited at the same time. He will share his passion with somebody who understand him. He wanted one thing: that the student come as fast as possible.

 

~~

 

“I’m happy for you, Hoseok.”

As soon as he knew the news, he dropped his course and went to Jimin’s room. He wasn’t sleeping but he wasn’t feeling well too. It’s been weeks that his health was like this. Between well and sick, Hoseok didn’t how to be with him so he just continue to act normal, which Jimin was thankful with this. Feeling Jimin’s insecurity, Hoseok assured him to have free time for him. He got a huge responsibility with this new student and his schedule would become tighter than ever but Jimin was above all this. He could always drop some classes, even if his teacher would literally kill him the next days.

“I- I did something too…”

Jimin felt his temple being hot and asked Hoseok a glass of water. He drunk it and sighed. He then felt Hoseok worriedness and wondered how he could felt his emotions as deeply as this.

“I will participate to a performance. A famous artist wants me to do the opening of his show and I accepted it.”

Hoseok jumped and took Jimin’s hands in his. Happy than ever, he put Jimin in a tight hug. Jimin could swear that he felt Hoseok’s abdominal muscles which surely reduced for one or two days his lifepath.

Aware of his actions, Hoseok cut the hug and apologized. He felt overwhelmed by the situation and was now seeing how Jimin was surprised.

“…Where will you play?”

Hoseok tried his best to hide his embarrassment. Jimin stood up from the bed and Hoseok noticed how he had changed. He seemed less strong. He was now dependent on his can, things he never did in front of him inside the hospital. He knew Jimin, so he hoped that it was temporary. But knowing life, he knew that it could be the start of the end too.

He leads him to a room situated seven doors away. “They did that so, I keep walking in my daily life,” explained Jimin, while walking slowly. Arrived, Hoseok discovered a room with light brown curtain. A big black piano in the middle of the room with a few seats in the corner of the room. Without thinking Hoseok asked Jimin if he could play. He instantly regretted it and cursed himself. Jimin giggled and accepted. He was happy to play for someone, without having any pression. He told Hoseok to take a seat not inside the room but near him, so he could hear the song better. But, the real reason was that Jimin could be near him and felt his body.

He opened the curtain and… played.

If Hoseok was a child, he would say that he wanted his father back. He would like to have his mother around too. He would erase all the evilness in the World. He would stop going to school and travel with Jimin, so he could see and felt all the world had to offer him. It was unfair to see him trapped here. A white dove in a cage.

“Hyung? You are crying?”

Jimin had stop playing and the room was now filled with sobs. He felt a pain in his chest showing that he was worried. He didn’t know why he was crying but he knew that it was something happening with his life. Hoseok was like him: he had a difficult past. He could ask what was the matter later so he decided to only put him in a hug. Strongly hugging him, he struck his back and whispering words that resonated in Hoseok heart.

“I’m here Hyung. You’re not alone.”

 

~~

 

“So Hoseok, are you ready for your new student?”

It was the 28th Mars. Jimin’s health had gotten better and he had to see him today, at the night. It was the 28th Mars and Hoseok couldn’t stop thinking that he could stay a night with Jimin. Indeed, they will watch a film in his bedroom. Something completely random for some but completely new, excited, and quite frightening for him. He wanted this day too quickly finish and spend

Please log in to read the full chapter