Someone SPECIAL.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After washing up and getting herself back together, Solar reheated yesterday's dinner and sunk into the couch to fill her stomach. She washes up almost immediately after finishing her dinner and opens the door to throw her rubbish out. Just then, Moonbyul also opens the door to her apartment. Seeing that Moonbyul is all dressed up in a fresh set of suits, she assumes that Moonbyul is going out again. "Going out this late at night?", raising an eyebrow in question.

"Yea, I'm going back to the office with Hyejin. There's still plenty to be done.", smiling back at Solar. 

"Oh.. Do you want me to go back too? Is there anything I can help with?", walking down beside Moonbyul with trash in one hand. 

"Not for now. Hyejin and I will need to settle the preparation for D&D.".

Solar walks over to the rubbish bin and walks back to Moonbyul. Seeing that Solar is pouting, probably by what she said, she pats Solar on her shoulders saying, "But if there is, I'll tell you.".

Solar said nothing but smiles back at her. She walks Moonbyul over to her car. "Okay, go. Go up and rest. Tomorrow will be a long day and I don't want to deal with a grumpy Yongsun-ssi.", caressing Solar's cheek with one hand, as if wiping away her imaginative tears. 

Solar felt her chest tightens and sunk further into Moonbyul's palm, giving in to her warmth. Moonbyul's hair is still damp and Solar can smell her from where she's standing, and she likes the smell of Moonbyul. She nods and bid Moonbyul goodbye. "Take care. I'll see you tomorrow. Tell me if you guys want anything other than coffee tomorrow.", smiling ever so sweetly, watching Moonbyul nods and enters her car. Solar goes back up into her apartment after seeing Moonbyul zoom off into the empty street. 

"Hyejinnie, I ordered chicken for you. Now, cheer up, please? We still plenty to do.", lifting Hyejin's chin up.

"Are you bribing me with chicken now?", shooting daggers at Moonbyul.

"Oh, you don't want? Ok, I'll call them to cancel the order.", looking away, waiting for Hyejin to respond. 

"Ah!! I didn't say that. Don't you dare!", pouting angrily. 

Moonbyul swears she can see fumes coming out of Hyejin's ears. She chuckles at the sight of that and they sunk into the huge pile of paperwork in front of them. After 30 minutes, their food arrives just on time. One of the security guards came up with their chicken in one hand as previously informed by Moonbyul on her way in. "Late nights again, Miss Moon?". 

Moonbyul and Hyejin sigh together in sync while Hyejin stood up from her seat to collect her beloved chicken from the guard. "Yeah, there's a big project coming up.", Moonbyul said.

"I'll leave you two to it then, do let me know if you need my help.", smiling at them while he walks backward, exiting the door. 

"Thank you for your hard work, Changmin-ssi. Would you want some chicken?". 

"No, it's okay Miss Moon. I'll take my leave now.", bowing politely before closing the door.

Hyejin sinks her teeth into a juicy piece of drumsticks and moans with pleasure as if she's making love to the chicken. Moonbyul chuckles while she dug into dinner too. Seeing Hyejin like this warms her heart. They quickly finish the chicken and get back to work. They drowned themselves back into the tons of paperwork, from the guest list to proposals to drafts for the new terms and conditions. It didn't take long for Hyejin or Moonbyul to get worn out, but they fight on to finish the draft. 

As the sun rises, Moonbyul looks up trying to adjust to the bright light that is now shining into her office window. She then realizes that it's already a little over 6.30am. She looks towards Hyejin who has drifted off to sleep, propping her head up with her hand. Moonbyul smiles as she watches Hyejin's chest moving up and down as she breathes in and out. Moonbyul feels bad for making the younger girl work overnight though she knows Hyejin doesn't mind the late nights. She lifts the petite girl as gently as she possibly can, not wanting to wake her up, but it stired Hyejin up. Moonbyul then smiles, looking into her sleepy face, while walking towards her couch. She lays Hyejin down on the couch, covering her with her blazer. "Sleep Hyejin ah. Thank you for your hard work.", giving her a peck on her forehead before going back to finish up with the draft. Hyejin slowly drifts back to sleep. 

The ringing of her phone caused Solar to arouse from her sleep. She stretches out to pick up her phone, turning off the alarm. She gets up and starts preparing for work as usual. While waiting for the bus, her phone vibrates and she fishes it out of her pocket. 

'Yongsun-unnie, good morning (:

Could I trouble you get breakfast for Hyejin while getting coffee later?'

Solar smiles like an idiot at the screen. She likes how Moonbyul cares for Hyejin and how Hyejin always lectures Moonbyul to take better care of herself. Just like this instance. Moonbyul only asks Solar to get breakfast for Hyejin only. Sighing as she replies a simple 'ok'.

When Solar arrives at the office, she knocks the door gently but it startles Moonbyul. She looks over to Hyejin, sighing in relief that she is still deeply asleep. Moonbyul turns over to where Solar is with a finger on her lip while pointing to Hyejin, signaling her to be quiet so as to not disturb Hyejin. Solar smiles and nods politely, while looking at Hyejin who is asleep. She lays down the cups of coffee and two bento boxes. After noticing that there's 2 breakfast in front of her, Moonbyul looks up to Solar. 

"One of them is yours. I'm pretty sure you haven't eaten too.", whispering so as to not disturb Hyejin.

Moonbyul grins and thank Solar, like a child receiving ice cream. Solar chuckles at the sight of that, placing one of the bento in front of Moonbyul. Just as she turns to take her leave, Moonbyul calls her out. 

"Solar-ssi, please inform everyone we will have a mass meeting before lunch. Get everyone who is involved in the J&J project to show up. And prepare this for later.", passing Solar a file. 

It must be the draft that Moonbyul and Hyejin were working on the entire night. Solar nods after taking the file. 

"Also, order jajang and jjampong for everyone who is going to the meeting later. Just a rough estimate will do. Put the tab on my card.", passing Solar a chinese restaurant pamphlet and her personal credit card. 

Solar stretches her hand out to receive it from Moonbyul. She smiles and bows slightly before taking her leave. She then went on to do as whatever was instructed by Moonbyul. Hyejin wakes up a little after Solar left and digs into the breakfast Solar got for her. After finishing the bento, she leaves Moonbyul's office to freshen up. She saw Solar on her way out and thank her for breakfast. They went back to hustle through work.

When it's finally time for the meeting, Solar knocks on the door to inform Moonbyul and Hyejin who are still working on the proposal. They proceed to the conference room down the hall and were greeted by a room filled with people, bowing politely at their CEO. 

"Please take a seat. Sorry to pry you away from your work, I'll be quick. I'm sure all of you had heard what has been going on around in the office lately.", pausing a while as if she's hesitating, "about the J&J project.". 

Everybody remains in silence, just looking to their left and right before diverting their attention back to Moonbyul. She continues, "First of all, I will like to apologise for allowing it to happen. But I promise we will not go down without a fight. It does not just end here. And I'm going to say this for the first and last time, so listen carefully.".

She pauses, allowing it to sink in. "If anyone of you is ever threatened or blackmailed, you come to me. No one can fire you but me. And I will never allow anyone other than myself, to even lay a hand on any one of you. If it helps, just know that I will back you up if it ever happens. I need you to trust me on this. I do not want the same thing to repeat itself again. Got it?", looking around for her employees' responses. 

The room is filled with all their 'yes'-es and some even said "We trust you, Miss Moon.", reassuring Moonbyul's position in the company. They really respect her and to do otherwise would be foolish. Seeing that, Solar is proud to be working alongside Moonbyul. She's really respectable and she knows her way around her words. She's neither arrogant nor someone who thinks she's better than everyone. Instead, Moonbyul is humble and she cares for her employees, rare traits amongst high-ranking superiors. Solar is once again glad that she's working for Moon Investments.

"Before I start, Rebecca-ssi, you will be stepping in as the new Finance Manager due to the departure of Jason. Keep up your good work", giving her a smile of acknowledgment while everyone else claps and congratulates her. 

"I won't let you down, Miss Moon.Thank you for this opportunity.", unable to contain her excitement. 

After all the positive response, Moonbyul smiles and they move on to business. "Good. Now let's get down to business.", motioning them to look into the file Solar prepared for the meeting. 

"I have persuaded Mr. Jenkins of J&J Hotel to give us another chance, with terms and conditions and it is very big of him to give us one. And it is why we cannot blow this no matter what.", causing everyone to jump happily in their seats. 

Moonbyul smiles, glad that the mood has finally lightened. "There will be a lot more discussions with our partners due to the additional terms and conditions, so please bare with me for the meantime. Please refer to the draft in front of you and you will be able to find the changes made. Though it's still lacking in a lot of places, this is the best Hyejin and I could have done in a night. If there are any questions, please feel free to raise it up now.", continuing to explain the changes made. 

While reading the draft done by Moonbyul and Hyejin last night, Solar can't help but feel impressed with the amount of work these 2 can accomplish in just a short time frame. Motioning to Solar and Hyejin, "The three of us will be going to Bali, together with 1 representative from Marketing and Finance each, to finalize the new terms and conditions with the other party.".  

"Sorry, Miss Moon. While looking through the finances outline in the draft, it still states the original amount. But we are still short in terms of fundings and there's no excess budget we ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter