Let me PROTECT you.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar came into the office late the following morning. Moonbyul sent her a text after returning home telling her to sleep in more. Solar didn't want to but when she woke up early in the morning, she groaned and went back to sleep. 

'Yongsun-unnie,

Good work over the past few days. Sleep in tomorrow, you don't have to come in so early tomorrow. The schedule is empty in the morning anyway. Sleep well. Dream of me. <3

Your favorite idiot.'

So, she did and she regretted instantly after finding out what happened in the office when she arrived. Once she reached the floor to her office, a low deep voice can be heard echoing the entire floor. 

"Shut up Byul. You have no right.", coming from the conference room.

Solar walks over to Hyejin, who is pacing outside it. 

"Hyejin ah, what's happening again? Can't we have peace for just one day?", sighing as she speaks.

"Alex.", Hyejin's voice is cold and stern.

Solar immediately got the situation and cursed herself for deciding to come in late today. She stood outside with Hyejin in silence. She can tell Hyejin is pissed, she must hate Alex too. "He's always like this. Always giving Moonbyul trouble.", clenching her fists in anger.

Solar just did what she could do at that point in time, calm the fiery girl down by rubbing her back. Soon, people started to come into work and they can sense the tension that has filled the office. Only Alex's voice could be heard coming from the conference room. Moonbyul was still calm. It was until Alex decides to bring it outside to the hall. 

Alex barges out of the conference room and starts being unreasonable. He grabbed Rebecca, who was just walking past to her office, by her collar. "So you are the brat that replaced Jason huh?", pulling her closer to him. 

Rebecca is panicking, she is scared. Moonbyul swoops in to stop Alex from doing any more harm. "Hands off her. Touch any one of them again and..", pushing Alex off Rebecca.

Hyejin and Solar immediately check on Rebecca to see if she's okay while Moonbyul focuses on Alex. Hyejin decided that it's about time the security guards step in, in case anything happens, so she sends 2 guards up. "And what? What would you do about it?", scoffs Alex.

Moonbyul clenches her fists so tightly it is turning white. "You're fired. Don't let me see you here again or anywhere near my people.", her voice is low and calm. 

"Your father would never fire me. He would never allow you to treat me like this.", he threatens Moonbyul.

"My father isn't here anymore. I am.".

"You wouldn't dare.".

"You are right, I didn't. Because I respected my father's decision, not because I'm afraid of you. But you tested my limits, you crossed the line.".

"What do you think he would feel? Do you think he would ever let you fire me?!".

"I don't know. But I know he put this company in my care and I have the responsibility to make sure nothing happens to it. If anything were to even threatens or put the company at stake, I will get rid of it. You almost lost us a huge deal. No, let me correct myself. YOU LOST US A LARGE PARTNERSHIP.", Moonbyul starts to raise her voice, she can no longer contain her anger. 

"Who do you think you are? You are just your daddy's little girl.".

"I don't care what you think of me but this is my company now. And if you don't know how to follow my rules, you are out of here. I have respected you or at least tried to, for the longest time ever. I have been cleaning up your mess since the day you step foot here and I'm tired Alex. I'm done saving your , you ungrateful brat.", Moonbyul's voice was cracking. 

"You have no right to fire me. The board will never allow it.", he said proudly with a smirk. 

"You think I will do something like this without their support? Please, you underestimated me. It has been done, you are no longer part of the company.", Moonbyul scoffs. 

"You . You better watch out. You will regret whatever you've done.", Alex grunted angrily as he pushes Moonbyul against the wall, grabbing her collar.

Seeing that Hyejin, Solar, and the 2 guards are about to rush towards Moonbyul, she raised her hand every so slightly to stop them. "Try me.", Moonbyul said brusquely.

Alex scoffs and walks away. Moonbyul tells the guards to see him out, to make sure he left the premise. Silence filled the office while Moonbyul returns to her own. Hyejin and Solar stare at each other before looking towards Moonbyul, not knowing what to do. Hyejin nudges Solar by her arm. "Go. All she needs a hug now.", whispering so softly, making sure only Solar can hear her. 

Solar immediately marches over, Moonbyul is still clenching her fists. She throws herself into Moonbyul's chest for a hug. She feels Moonbyul's hands come up to accept the hug. "It's okay. I'm okay. I anticipated it earlier. At least he can no longer threaten anyone.", her voice is hoarse. 

"I'm sorry.".

"You got nothing to be sorry for, Yeba.", Moonbyul said chuckling. 

Hyejin sees that Moonbyul has loosened up a bit. She decided to go in for a hug too. "Ahhhh! We are okay. Everything is okay. YAYYYY!! CHICKEN TIME?!", wrapping her arms around them as she plants her face into their chests.

"Ya. You care about me or your chicken more now?", causing all three of them to giggle.

"Go call for an urgent briefing before lunch.", delegating Solar to do so. 

During the meeting, everyone is alert and the air is tense. When Moonbyul enters the office, they all seat upright in attention. She senses the tension and decides to be more casual, she doesn't want them to be afraid of her, not now. Not after what happened earlier. 

"Rebecca-ssi, are you okay?", as she takes a seat at the head of the table. 

Rebecca simply nods. "That's good. I apologize for what happened earlier.".

"It's not your fault, you have nothing to apologize for, Miss Moon.", finally voicing out though she seems a little rattled. 

"I still have to apologize to everyone in this room. I should have handled it better. I'm sorry.", shocking everyone in the room.

"I need to inform you the following. The board and I have decided to cut ties with Mr. Alex Kim. He may or may not approach you outside the office. But if he ever does, please tell me or Solar-ssi. I will not allow him to continue threatening anyone here or the company's reputation. As long as you are working with me, you will be under my care. I hope we are all clear on this, yes?", confirming everyone's stand on this matter.

"Good. Now, as promised earlier, I have prepared a buffet for everyone and it's in the pantry as we speak. Please feel free and help yourself with it. There is plenty to go around. Please take this as collateral first. I will bring you guys out for a proper meal soon.", garnering claps from everyone.

Solar went home before Moonbyul as she still has some paperwork to settle in the office. As she is climbing up the stairs to her apartment, Moonbyul then realizes that Solar's door isn't closed shut. She thought that Solar was forgetful or careless at first. But just then, someone screamed.

"Let me go, you bastard!! Let go! STOPPPPP!!", a woman screamed hysterically, coming from Solar's apartment.  

"Shut up . You are going to pay tonight.", a male voice said chuckling. 

Moonbyul barges in, swinging the door wide open, without a care in the world. She clenches her fist out of anger after seeing Hyunsik forcing himself onto Solar on the couch. She ran and pounces on Hyunsik, pushing him away causing him to fall. He was drunk so he lost balance. She turns around to check on Solar. "Yongsun ah! Are you okay?! Did he do anything to you?!", asks frantically. 

But Solar only pushes her away and ran out of the door. Moonbyul turns to Hyunsik and punches him hard on his nose, causing him to stumble back falling once again. He stayed grounded on the floor, he couldn't get up. He's in shock and all he see is stars. Before he could make a move, Moonbyul jumps onto his abdominal, planting herself on him. She punches his face repeatedly, it was brutal. Once she thinks he is going to pass out, she stops and grabs him by his collar. She lifts him up and slams him against a wall behind him. "When I return, you better not be here. If I ever see you again, I will make your life a living hell. I will make you regret you were ever born. Do you hear me?", she grunted with much contempt. 

Hyunsik didn't answer, or rather he couldn't. His face is in so much pain, he can barely move a muscle. "I SAID, DO YOU HEAR ME?!", she pries him away from the wall just to slam him down against the wall again. 

Hyunsik panics and nods his head furiously, "Yes! YES!", he mutters under his breath.

Moonbyul turns towards the door and dashes out, grabbing an umbrella that is beside the door. It is raining heavily and all Moonbyul can think about is Solar's safety. She caught up to Solar and grabs Solar's arm, spinning her around. She was greeted by Solar's tears rolling down her cheeks. Solar couldn't face her, she couldn't after what happened. She just wanted to run away. She pushes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter