WARMING the hearts.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Ringggggggg*

Solar's low moan of despair could be heard anywhere in her apartment. She sits up and shuts the alarm. Exhaustion finally hit her after days of slugging at work, she rests her head low against her palms. As usual, she washes up and devours her breakfast within an hour and heads out. She was looking around cautiously yet again for a particular silver-headed Moonbyul. Having not seen her around, she wondered if she's awake yet while going up the bus. Solar got the usual coffee fix for the ladies and head up. 

Solar knocks on Moonbyul's door like always, even though she doesn't know if there's anyone inside to respond to her knocks. But somehow, to her surprise, there is always someone there to reply her. "Come in."

Solar enters and places Moonbyul's drinks down on her table, along with some files for Moonbyul to sign. "Good Morning Miss Moon. Here are your coffee and some paperwork pending your approval.", greeting politely since they are back at the office.

"Thank you, Solar-sii.", Moonbyil smiles softly back. 

"If that's all for me, I'll take my leave now.", turning around and walk towards the door.

"Oh ya", Moonbyul's sudden reply caused Solar to stop and turn around. "Please clear your schedule for the day, you will be joining me for a meeting over lunch with some investors later at 2. It's time for you to start joining instead of Hyejin, seeing that she's cooped up with her current projects."

Solar simply nods in agreement and exits her office. She noticed that Moonbyul's dresses for formally today, in suits and blazers. It must be the meeting later. It must be very important. But all Solar could think was how handsome Moonbyul looked today. Solar walks over to Hyejin's new office while her mocha in her hand. Hyejin looks up and smiles, "Thank you Solar Unnie! I needed this badly.".

"Aigoo Hyejin ah, losing sleep because of work?"

"Exactly. Projects piling up. Speaking of which, did Moonbyul inform you about the lunch later?", said Hyejin while pouting, seeking sympathy from Solar. 

Solar nods and Hyejin pout turn into a grin. "Great! Don't worry too much. Just make sure to jot down important key points. Like any promises or ideas any party present or any further confirmed meeting. She would be able to remember all of it since she has so many meeting with so many different people. Have any materials, including draft proposals, regarding that investor ready for Moonbyul to read."

"Ne, Hyejin. I will do my best, but since it's my first official meeting with Moonbyul and her clients, I can't help but feel a little nervous.", skipping on the spot nervously. 

Hyejin could only laugh at how cute Solar looks right now, hoping that Moonbyul could one day see her like this. "Please take care of her, she usually drinks quite a bit during meetings, depending on the clients.". 

Solar is sure to take note of that and nods. 

45 minutes before the scheduled lunch at 2 pm, Moonbyul fixes her clothes while putting on her blazer. She took the necessary paperwork that Solar gave her earlier along with her purse and head for the door. Moonbyul asked Solar from behind, "You ready to go?".

Solar stood up in attention and nods, "Yes, Miss Moon.".

They both enter the elevator and reached for button that will bring them to the ground floor. Solar straightened her dress nervously, causing Moonbyul to titter quietly. Like yesterday, Moonbyul opens the door to the passenger seat before going behind the wheel. Unlike yesterday, Solar make sure to remember buckling her seatbelt to avoid any embarrassment immediately after she enters the car. Chatters about the clients they are about to meet fill the car. Moonbyul explains what this client will be able to bring for the company. Seeing how nervous Solar is, she reaches down and pats Solar's hand and said, "Calm down Solar-ssi, you just have to sit there and observe today. I just want you out here to familiarise herself with meetings like these since you will be joining me more often now.".

Shocked by Moonbyul's sudden affection and skinship, Solar gives Moonbyul a coy smile. "Ne, I understand. I'll try to absorb as much as I can.", causing Moonbyul to chuckle slightly. 

They soon arrived at a luxurious hotel, with doorman opening the front door while tipping their peak hat. With Moonbyul leading the way, they enter an elevator and Moonbyul presses the top level. The door soon opens wide, shining the bright light into their faces. They walked into an open sky rooftop and towards a restaurant in the far corner. Solar scans the surrounding and appreciates the scenery. They were at the 45th floor, tallest building amongst all the other building beside it. The concierge greets them politely, and Moonbyul told her about the reservation. "This way please, Miss Moon.", said the concierge as he guides them to their table, putting back their chairs for Moonbyul and Solar.

Within 5 minutes, 2 American couples walked towards their table. Moonbyul stood up and reach out her hand to greet them. Solar follows and greets them as well. They soon sat down after a short 'How do you do' exchanges. Moonbyul converse with them in perfect English. Solar not being able to keep up as she could only understand minimal and basic English, she just nods in agreement with whatever Moonbyul has to say. Soon the waiter comes to take their order. Moonbyul bends down to whisper into Solar ear, "Steak ok?". 

Solar nods with a grin, relieved that she doesn't have to eat anything weird because she couldn't understand the menu since it was written in English. Moonbyul went ahead and order for the both of them and a bottle of red wine. Minutes later, waiters and waitresses approached behind them and serve them up with their dishes. One of the waiters then brings out a bottle of chilled red wine, popping it in front of us, pouring a glass for Moonbyul to sample. After tasting it, she gives a nod of approval to go ahead to pour for the rest. The wine must taste pleasant to Moonbyul, seeing that she already finished the contents of her glass. The waiter pours more, filling up the glass up till the halfway mark. After finishing their meals, they moved on to business while occasionally bringing the glass of red wine up for a toast and chugging it down. They went through 2 bottles easily soon enough, while Solar is still struggling with her first.

Despite being deeply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter