Worries and arms OPEN wide.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul woke up to a sharp pain in her abdominal. She curls up in pain, leaning against her bed rest. Cursing herself first thing in the morning, she just remembered she hasn't had anything solid in the last 48 hours beside the pathetic energy bar. Reaching for her phone to check the time, she jumps right off the bed almost instantly. It was 5 minute to 8 am. She overslept, something she hasn't done for ages. She took a quick shower and prepares for work. She remembers that she will be meeting some Chinese nationals later in the evening, she cusses herself for drinking the third bottle yesterday. She dresses smartly in a different set of suits with a vest and black blazer, goes to show how important the meeting is later. 

Making her way out of her apartment, she closes the door behind her. Just as she was about to descend down the stairs, the door to the apartment in front of her swings open. She looks up and makes eye contact with a pair of chocolate eyes. Solar smiles awkwardly as she turns back facing the door, making sure it closes tightly. She mutters something under her breath before turning back to face her boss. Moonbyul smiles weakly choosing to ignore what happened last night, offering to drive Solar to work. "Good Morning, let's go. I'll give you a ride.", waiting for Solar to go down the stairs first. 

"Morning~ Ok, Thank you, Moonbyul ah", smiling, accepting her offer while secretly hoping that it wouldn't be awkward.

As usual, Moonbyul opens the door for Solar before walking towards her own seat. Moonbyul makes sure Solar settles down before zooming off. She realized that she's been taking note of these little details when it comes to Solar, and to be honest, that scares her a little bit too much. She brushes that thought away as her attention diverts towards the shooting sharp pain localizing in her abdominal. Instinctively, her free hand reaches for her stomach to hold down the pain. Solar notices it almost immediately, and can't help but winced at Moonbyul who is now frowning in pain. "Are you okay? Where are you hurting?", reaching over to hold softly onto Moonbyul's arm. 

Surprised at her sudden affection, she chuckles softly with a smirk, finding Solar's concern for her to be cute and endearing. "Yeah, I'm fine.".

"What's so funny?"

"You."

"What? Something on my face?", wiping her face vigorously.

Moonbyul burst out laughing, thinking to herself. "Why are you so cute even in the morning?", shocked that she actually said it out loud. 

"Ya, why are you so greasy even in the morning.", hitting Moonbyul's arm, hiding her embarrassment, causing both of them to laugh out loud. 

They are back to being comfortable again as if yesterday didn't happen at all. But Solar had to ask, "But seriously, Moonbyul ah. Did you eat at all yesterday?"

"...", not knowing what to reply, Moonbyul can only keep her head low but still focused on the road, with one hand scratching her head trying to think of what to answer. 

Solar sighs loudly, so loudly that almost made Moonbyul cringe at how dramatic she is. "Please do not tell Hyejin about last night. I don't want to add on to her burdens.", Moonbyul said so softly, Solar can barely hear her. 

Seeing that Moonbyul is sincerely and she respects her wishes, she agrees. "Don't worry, nothing happened last night. I went home late and went straight to bed.", smiling sadly.

"Thank you, Solar unnie.", smiling back at her. 

"Would you like anything else besides your usual?", asking as she exits the vehicle, walking towards Wheein's cafe. 

"No thanks. I'll see you upstairs.", not forgetting to lock her car behind turning towards her office. 

Hyejin drops by Wheein's cafe unknowingly, as if it was out of habit, though it has been ages since she stepped into the cafe. The cafe is relatively busy, considering that it's peak hours now. Hyejin spotted Wheein from far but she was too busy taking orders from the line of customers. Seeing the hardworking puppy doing up the orders, Hyejin is admiring her beauty from afar. With the speed at which Wheein's going, the crowd quickly dispersed after having gotten their orders. Hyejin then approaches Wheein after clearing the queue. She didn't come in for a drink. She wanted to ask Wheein out. She misses talking to Wheein daily and her quirks, ever since Solar took over buying coffee.

"Hey yo Wheein!", as Hyejin skips towards the counter. 

"Oh, Hyejin Unnie!", not hiding her excitement.

"How's work lately? Business doing good?"

"Yeah! Things have been busy around here lately. Crowds get longer each day", Wheein sighs.

"Awwww. Don't be sad Wheepup. How about I bring you out for some chicken tonight?", smirking at Wheein, waiting for an answer.

"REALLY?!"

Hyejin simply nods and smiles at how cute Wheein's dimples are. 

"Yayyyy! Finally, Unnie's bringing me out for dinnerrrrr~."

"It settles then, it's a date.", winking before turning around for the door, not giving a chance for Wheein to reply. 

'Date'.. 'Date, she said date right?'. Wheein questioning herself whether she heard wrong, but she didn't. Her face flushed bright red, thinking that she's going on a date with Hyejin. 

Hyejin has just gotten herself a date tonight and there's only one person she wants to share this with, her BFF. She walks past Solar grinning while knocking on Moonbyul's door. She pushed open the door, closing it behind her and skips towards Moonbyul. When she was about to spill her news about her date night, she realizes that Moonbyul isn't at her desk. She then turns over to the sofa and noticed a bedraggled Moonbyul. She's slouching lazily with her head leaning against the headrest, clutching onto her stomach with one hand. Hyejin noticed how pale and disoriented Moonbyul looks.She rushes over to her side, expressing her concern. "Ya, unnie. What's wrong? Not feeling well? Gastric acting up again?"

Moonbyul still able to chuckle in her condition, "Hyejinnie, that's too many questions in a go.".

"You are still able to joke, so I'm guessing you're not dying huh?", nudging Moonbyul by her arm. 

"Of course. I don't die so easily, you know?", smirking at Hyejin, teasing her. 

"Ok, jokes aside. Is it your gastric again?".

Moonbyul held her head low, nodding in agreement. She hates it when Hyejin is worried for her. Hyejin has enough on her plate as of now with all the projects. Hyejin was supposed to be assisting Moonbyul, not taking charge of and running the projects. But because the company is short of manpower, and Hyejin is indeed one of the few dependable ones in the company, she has to take up the extra responsibilities. Moonbyul tries hiding whenever she's ill, but somehow, as if she's able to read her mind, Hyejin always figures it out. Just like this instance. Hyejin stood up, heading for the door. "Where are you going now, Hyejin-siiiiii?".

"Where else? Going to find some medicine for the ertic idiot sitting on that very couch of course.", Hyejin grunted as she exits her office. 

Hyejin rushes to Solar's drawer, frantically looking for the brand of medicine that Moonbyul's used to take when her gastric pain acts up. To her dismay, it rants out and Hyejin forgot to restock it. She then turns over to the now puzzled Solar, asking if she has any anti-acid or medicine that helps to relieve gastric pain. Solar frowns with concern while reaching down for her bag to check, asking "Why, Hyejine ah? Are you ok?". Solar shakes her head, indicating that she does not have any of such medicine with her. 

“This is what she gets for ignoring me when I ask her to eat on time”, ignoring Solar’s question. Just then, Moonbyul walks out of her office, straightening her button-down shirt and buttoning her black blazer. It hits Solar how pale her boss looks, realizing that the medicine was meant for Moonbyul, not Hyejin herself. ‘How could I not realize that Moonbyul isn't feeling well?’, she questioning herself, disappointedly. 

“Solar-ssi, let’s go. We are going to be late.”, Moonbyul said while ignoring the chaotic situation, walking towards the elevator.

“Are you going to be okay, Boss? We ran out of medicine.”, Hyejin said, grabbing onto Moonbyul forearm. 

“Ne Hyejin ah, I’ll be fine.”, nodding with a smile, patting Hyejin's hand before entering the elevator, holding the door open for Solar who was lagging behind her. 

Moonbyul moves to the back of the elevator discreetly, not wanting Solar to see the state she’s in. She leans against the cold metal bar, eyes closed, trying to relieve some pain by pressing onto her stomach. Solar turns back to glance over her shoulder and winced at the sight of the usually composed CEO. Once they reach the ground floor, they walk towards Moonbyul’s black R8. Solar thought that she should offer to drive but decides on not saying anything as she didn’t want to overstep her position. Moonbyul opens the passenger door before walking over to her seat, as usual. 

Solar notices that Moonbyul has been staring at her for quite some time, so she turns to her side and looks towards her. They remain in that position for almost a minute without a sound. Moonbyul lets out a sigh as if she was too tired to say anything (which she really was), and stretches over to Solar’s seatbelt and pulls it down, buckling it for her. Solar curses herself internally for being so forgetful and embarrassing herself, yet again. 

The drive was smooth up till a sudden red light, causing Moonbyul to jam down onto the brake. Moonbyul bents forward, resting her head on her hands on the steering wheel for a split second before groaning as her right-hand reaches for her abdominal. She then turns over to Solar and asked if she was okay. Solar simply nodded, scrunching her face after witnessing the situation.

“Sorry”, as Moonbyul drives off.

Shock at the sudden apology, Solar can only smile worriedly at Moonbyul, hoping that she’s really ok. It didn’t take long before they reached a fancy restaurant. Moonbyul took awhile to compose herself, lightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter