Overflowing CONCERNS.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pulling over in front of her apartment, Moonbyul gets down her car and walks towards her building sluggishly. Finally feeling the sleepless night kicking in, she lazily punches in her password to her apartment. She immediately heads for the bathroom after laying her stuff down on the coffee table. She wants so badly to lie on her bed but she knows if she did she will fall into a deep slumber. She still has plenty of work and meetings she has to attend to back at the office. She drags herself out of the much needed hot shower in a bathrobe. She drys her hair quickly with a blowdryer and changes into another set of suits, this time grey in color. She reaches for the fridge and grabs one of the energy bars, walking to the sofa. She downs the Ice Americano and gobbles down the bar. She flips true the Web edition of Business Time on her phone, updating herself on the recent affairs. She has to be constantly updated about the economy as it will greatly affect her company and the decisions she should make. After finishing her so-called 'meal', she returns back down to her car and drove off. Sighing as she receives a text from Solar, reminding her about the meeting that will take place in 30 minutes. 'Today will be another hella day.', she thought to herself as she pulls in in front of her company.

Seeing as Moonbyul walks towards her office, Solar stood up and greets Moonbyul, bowing slightly while welcoming her back. "Welcome back, Miss Moon. Here's the information you asked for earlier. Can I get you anything else?", handing over a stack of files.

"Thank you, Solar-ssi. Yes please, some more coffee would be great.", accepting those files, half smiling. 

"I'll get it immediately. Would you like anything to eat?", Solar asks, not afraid of showing her concern. 

"No, it's okay. Coffee will do, thank you.", Moonbyul said as she reaches for the handle to her office. 

Moonbyul looks at the stack of files in her hands. More paperwork to vet through and look over. She sighs as she took a seat behind her desk that is now overflowing with paperwork. She goes over the proposal that is required later for the meeting first. Solar come back in a flash after getting Moonbyul's coffee. There is now a group of men in suits standing outside Moonbyul's office. She approaches them and understands that they are here for the meeting. She brings them to the prepared conference room immediately and informs them that Miss Moon will be with them shortly. Holding the cup of coffee, she knocks on Moonbyul's door and enters after gaining the approval to go in. 

"Miss Moon, Mr. Lee is here for your 2 pm meeting. He's waiting in CAPITAL conference room."

Moonbyul took the correct file and proceed to the conference room, reaching for her cup of coffee from Solar's hand. Their fingers touched, feeling a slight electrical spark running through their body. Moonbyul coughs to draw the attention away from the awkwardness and diverts Solar's attention towards what she's going to say. "Thank you. Have you had your lunch yet?".

Flustered by Moonbyul's question, Solar shakes her head, telling the truth. She has yet to eat since breakfast. She was drowning in the preparation for Moonbyul's meeting earlier. Learning that Solar has yet to eat even though it was passed lunch hours, Moonbyul decides to let Solar off since this meeting isn't as important since the deal was pretty much closed. "Go ahead and have your lunch then. You don't have to join me for this meeting. It's pretty much just signing of contract.", Moonbyul smiles and enters room CAPITAL even before Solar could answer.

She sees a blue folder in front of everyone on the desk, feeling satisfied at her new PA's work progress. She's picking up rather quickly. Moonbyul greets, bowing to each and every one of them politely, and get down to business immediately. 

Solar tidies her desk and reaches her purse, getting ready to go for lunch. Even though she feels bad that she gets to eat while her boss doesn't, she couldn't do anything about that. Wondering if Hyejin has eaten since she did not see Hyejin walking pass her earlier, hoping that she hasn't so she doesn't have to eat alone. Solar walks towards her office, knocking slightly at the opened door. "Hyejin ah, have you eaten?", she grinned. 

Hyejin pouts, pursing her lips. "Not yet, I'm drowning here. Save me ah Solar Unnie."

"Want to go get some chicken?", grinning even wider. 

"Call call!", sold at the thought of chicken.

They make their way down to a fried chicken store, just down the street from their office building. Upon entering the shop, the fried chicken aroma and a strong oil smell hit them. Hyejin is literally jumping up and down now, unable to contain her excitement. Seeing that, Solar knew she made the right choice bringing Hyejin here. "Hyejin! Feel free to order whatever you want. It's my treat today, as a means to thank you for teaching me everything I know thus far.".

Hearing that, Hyejin instantly became happier, which makes Solar happy too as she finds it amusing how chicken can bring so much joy to a person. After placing their order, they settle down in a corner that is quiet. Hyejin asks Solar about working at the company, whether she's adapting well and stuff. They then move their attention to Moonbyul. "Should I buy something back for Moonbyul to eat?", asking for Hyejin's opinion on the matter. 

"She hasn't eaten?", feeling glad that Solar is concern about her best friend and could tell that she's starting to open up more, but worried for Moonbyul. 

Solar shakes her head, pouting. "I asked her whether she wants anything to eat just now, but she didn't, I guess because she knew she didn't have time as well since she's in a meeting now.".

"This Moonbyul, she just doesn't listen. How many times must I remind her to eat well?", grumbling under her breath. 

Solar can tell that Hyejin is sincerely angry at Moonbyul. She can feel the warmth these two brings her. She's happy for Moonbyul that she has someone like Hyejin to look over her closely. "Maybe I will get her a sandwich at Wheein's cafe later.".

"Ok! I'll go with you. I miss that puppy.", thinking about seeing Wheein since she hasn't been to the cafe lately. 

After finishing their lunch, they proceed to the cafe. Upon seeing Hyejin, Wheein could not hide her excitement. "Hyejin Unnie! Long time no see.", she exclaimed. 

"Ah, Wheein ah. Long time no see.", Hyejin grins while running towards the counter where Wheein is. 

"Why didn't you visit sooner?"

"Sorry Wheein ah, I caught up with a lot of projects lately. I've been really busy. I'll make it up by treating you chicken one day, ok?", asking while scanning the place.

"Ok! I'll hold you to your words", now grinning more widely than ever. 

Solar smiles warmly as she witnesses the two kids interacting. She reaches for a tuna sandwich and walks over to Wheein to pay for it. After some exchanges, they decided it's time to head back to the office. It should be just the time for Moonbyul's to come to an end. As they come out of the elevator reaching the top floor, they could hear some bickering. Hyejin stood rooted to the ground after assessing the situation in front of her, causing Solar to bump into her. Confused, Solar stepped to Hyejin's side staring at her. Hyejin was frowning, heck, she was fuming. Solar then turned to the direction Hyejin was glaring at. 

Moonbyul. Moonbyul is pissed. She looks like she's going to break down anytime soon. She looks like she's on the verge of crying. Solar heart aches seeing Moonbyul like this. She's arguing with a woman in tall heels and black silky hair. The woman constantly tries to touch Moonbyul by her cheek or arm, but Moonbyul either dodges or nudges her hand away, not wanting the woman to touch her. Solar has never seen Moonbyul in this state before, but even then, she knows she never wants to see Moonbyul like this. Solar looks over to Hyejin not knowing what to do. Hyejin still has the same frown from earlier, now clenching her fist tightly. Hyejin wants to go over and slap that so badly, but she kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter