happens.

Hold me and never let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blinding bright light shines onto Solar's face causing her to stir from her beauty sleep. She tries opening her eyes but the light shining on her face is too bright. She turns to her side, away from the window. She realizes that she's in an unfamiliar room, one that is very unlike her own. She sits up and finds herself sleeping on someone's else's bed. She does not remember going back to her apartment yesterday and must have fallen asleep in Moonbyul's. She clearly remembers she last fell asleep on the couch. She saw the clock on the wall and jumps out of bed, realizing that she's late for work. She walks out of the room and scans the house, looking for signs of Moonbyul. She was nowhere to be found. 

Solar walks towards the kitchen and found a bento box with a note on it that reads:
'Good Morning Yongsun unnie, 

Did you sleep well? Sorry, I didn't wake you up yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to disturb your beauty rest. You must have been very tired, you were snoring >.<.

Anyways, heat this up and eat up and take the day off today, you deserved it. Remember to lock out on your way out. 

Thank you for yesterday. I really appreciate it. 

Love, Byuli.'

Solar's face brightens, plastered with a smile on her face. She remembers someone hugging her when she wakes up in the middle of her sleep, 'It must be Moonbyul', she thought.

Moonbyul woke up with a hangover when her phone rang at 6 am. Something came up at work and she needed to be there. As much as she wanted to continue sleeping by Solar, continue spooning her, she knew then it was something urgent and she needed to be there. Hyejin would never call her so early in the morning if it's not life or death matter. She groaned and forced herself to work. She picked Solar up bridal style and carried her into her bedroom. She tugged Solar into bed and kissed her forehead before heading out. 

Upon reaching her office, Moonbyul was greeted by Hyejin pacing outside the door to her office. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!", running towards Moonbyul while dragging her into her office. 

"I was sleeping, mind you. What's wrong?", raising an eyebrow, questioning the poor worried girl.

"What's wrong?! That bastard took out 2 million dollars last night which is for the J&J project and the CEO of J&J Hotel is pissed because we couldn't deliver as we promised on the contract. And now Alex cannot be reached.", literally pulling her hair out but at the same time afraid of what's going to happen next. 

Alex again. He's one of the board directors. Moonbyul's father owed Alex's father a favor and so, that's why Alex became one of the board directors. He has always been snarky and arrogant. Hyejin hated him to the core. She hated his guts and how he treats Moonbyul like a nobody. He always tries to put Moonbyul down, embarrass her in front of the other board members. But Moonbyul never fights back, solely because she respected her father's wishes. Though Alex always tries to ruin Moonbyul's reputation in front of their employees and board members, they all know Moonbyul is nothing like he says. They know better, and they still respect Moonbyul, if not more than ever because Moonbyul is professional enough not to lash out at Alex. The only reason Alex is still in the company even after the death of her father is because Moonbyul respected her father's decision to bring him in, even though he has caused nothing but trouble for the company and Moonbyul is always the one cleaning up his mess. But this time, he went overboard. Everyone knows how much effort Moonbyul and the team put into this J&J project. They spent months coming up with ideas and proposals that finally gained the CEO's agreement. This project will bring Moon Investments to the next level. Now, Alex just threw away everything they'd done thus far. He crossed the line. 

"Who approved it?", her toned changed immediately.

"Finance manager, Jason.", squinting while taking a step back.

"Pass me the CEO's contact details. I will contact him personally. We'll settle this.", calming Hyejin down. 

No one dares to go near Moonbyul's office after learning about what Alex did. Words have been going around the office the entire day. They knew better than to piss Moonbyul off further. They were tiptoeing in and out of the office, making sure not to disturb Moonbyul. Even Hyejin who is her best friend, she knew better than to disturb Moonbyul when she's pissed. Moonbyul didn't leave the office the entire day. She is cooped up in her office. She exhausted all her contacts trying to get to the CEO of J&J Hotel. She knows it's not going to be easy trying to persuade the CEO of a renowned Hotel franchise to give her another chance, but she has to try everything, considering how much her team has done to get this contract. She needed to do something, she doesn't want to let her team down. Alex screwed up big time and he crossed Moonbyul's line. 

Solar, who has no clue about the chaos in the office since she didn't go into work today, is busy cleaning her house. For once in a few weeks, she finally has the time to do some house chores. She cleaned the windows, mopped the floor and finish up with ironing the outfit for the next few days. She plops onto her couch, exhausted but satisfied with how much she accomplished thus far. It is lunch time and instead of wondering what to eat for lunch, she's here more concerned about whether Moonbyul is eating on time and whether or not she's feeling better. She pulls out her phone in her pocket and sends Moonbyul a text to check on her. 

'Hey Moonbyul, 

Thanks for the bento earlier. Hope you are feeling better now. Better eat on time now ya. 

Your unnie, Yongsunnie.'

She waited for a reply, but she has been staring at her phone for over 10 minutes, still nothing. Solar assumes that Moonbyul is busy so she decided to just get up and get some food herself.

Hyejin knocks on the door, gently opens the door and peaks in without waiting for a reply from Moonbyul. She walks towards Moonbyul, who by the way still looks pissed as hell. Hyejiin places 2 food containers, one in front of Moonbyul, another in front of herself. She goes on and opens up Moonbyul's container first, passing her a pair of chopsticks while saying "All these can wait, eat up.". 

Moonbyul softens her gaze and reaches for the pair of chopsticks. "Thank you. Sorry Hyejinie.".

"What are you sorry for?", questioning Moonbyul while opening her own container. 

"I should have gotten rid of him a long time ago. I should never have let him near the project. All of you put in so much effort. It's all down the drain now. I've failed all of them, especially you.", looking down, playing her food with the chopsticks. 

"Are you crazy? You've failed no one, and knowing you, you will never fail anyone of us. If it's not for you, the company will never be where it is now and none of us would be here now. Stop blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong and starts giving yourself some credit Boss.", Hyejin glares at Moonbyul while munching on a piece of chicken.

"Thank you, Hyejinnie. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you.".

"If you want to thank me, stop playing with your food and start eating. You better finish it, I queued an hour for that.", grunting jokingly. 

Moonbyul's face lit up thanks to Hyejin, laughing at Hyejin's reply. "Ne Hyejin, thank youuuuuu.", acting cute in front of Hyejin. 

Hyejin replies by showing a disgusted face, pretending to vomit, causing both of them to burst out laughing. Hyejin's glad that Moonbyul finally loosened up, she hated how tense the office was before. Moonbyul then pulls out her phone to check for messages. She then saw the text message that Solar sent 5 hours ago. She chuckles, attracting the attention of Hyejin. She snatches her phone from Moonbyul's hand and teases her. "Wow, didn't know you guys are so close now.", giving Moonbyul a dirty look. 

"Shut up.", trying to wipe the smile off her face, snatching her phone back from Hyejin. 

Moonbyul took a photo of her food as a proof of her eating and replies Solar with a text. 

'Yes Madam, see I'm eating now. Hyejin's taking real good care of me. And Yes I'm feeling a lot better now, all thanks to you *inserts kissy emoji*.'

"Hyejin-ah, get Jason to come in first thing tomorrow morning. And when anyone is able to reach Alex, drag him in.", Moonbyul says just as Hyejin is walking out. 

"Oh no. Is this going to be a slaughterhouse tomorrow?", scanning her office dramatically. 

"Nope, but it's going to be a war zone.", smirking back at Hyejin. 

"Hmm.. I can't wait.".

"What an . Now, go home and get some sleep, it's 1 am already.", shooing Hyejin out of her office. 

"Yes boss. See you tomorrow.", waving goodbye to Moonbyul. 

"Ne, thank you Hyejinnie.".

Solar didn't see Moonbyul yesterday night. She was unconsciously waiting for Moonbyul to be back, but she must have come home after she fell asleep. Solar misses Moonbyul more than she cares to admit and it has only been a day. She sighs as she makes her way out of her house to go to work, scanning her environment to see if Moonbyul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter