Top student

Gen. Academy

A month. A month after Yerin transferred. Finding a friend isn't that hard, but finding a true one was hard.

'If you were a consistent ranked one, what made you transfer?' A girl classmate withhuge glasses asked.

'What's your strong subject?' Another classmate with properly combed hair asked

'Were you involved into fights in your previous school?' Another classmate with glasses asked.

More questions are asked to Yerin, but she answered none of them. She knew that those people were just trying to get her weakness due to the fact that she used to ranked first in her previous school.

Yerin sigh. She was walking around the field since she was bored. While walking, she heard a sound coming from a corridor. Curious, she went there and as she gets closer, she further realized that the sound was a groan which she is sure coming from a girl.

"What's going on there?" Yerin sneaked to look.

"Hand it over, now" a girl, whose uniform was messily wore, said while wiping the little sweat in her forehead.

"Momo please, I need this money" a girl, who's helplessly lying on the ground, begged. Momo, the bully, seemed annoyed with the excuse and kicked the girl on the side. After that, she hardly stepped on the girl's groin. The girl cried out of pain.

"Are you still not gonna hand it over?" Momo asked. The girl reached for her pocket and was about to hand her wallet when Momo suddenly fell on the ground.

"Let's go" Yerin helped the girl to stand then they run away. Momo immediately stood and chased them.

Yerin run without an exact direction. In her mind, she just want to take the girl she's currently dragging away from that bully. When Yerin gets into an intersecting area, she turned left, which she later regrets. They immediately reached the end of that building and she's sure that Momo will find them if they go back.

"Where are we going now?" Yerin saw a door and that's how she got an idea.

"We're gonna hide" Yerin opened the door and pulled the girl to get in with her.

Yerin let go of the girl's hand and they both pant.

"Who are you?" They both looked behind them only to see a girl in ponytail yet with poker face.

"Let us stay here for awhile" Yerin calmly said

"No. This is my territory"

"This place appeared to be a stock room to me. Did you even bought this place to be yours?" Yerin annoyingly asked. The cold girl sigh

"T-thanks" Yerin looked beside her and saw that the girl she just saved is already crying.
"I-I'm Kyla" she offered a hand shake which Yerin gladly accepted. Kyla smiled

"Okay, done with the introductions. You may go now" the cold girl opened the door. Yerin glared at her
"This place is my territory. This is where I had my privacy. Now leave, Jung Yerin. Bring that crying girl with you"

"You know me?" The cold girl rolled her eyes

"If you ever fail to notice, but we're actually just on the same class" Yerin raised her brow. The girl sigh
"Call me Eunbi" she offered a hand, Yerin rolled her eyes but extended her hand anyway. As soon as their hands meet, Eunbi pulled Yerin out of the room. After that, she pushed Kyla out before closing the door.

"Stupid" Yerin murmured.

-----

Momo was walking all the way back to her dorm with an irritated face when a girl blocked her way.

"Your uniform is in a mess again"

"So what? Class has ended already, Nayeon"
Nayeon raised a brow

"But you're still inside the school premises"

"Of course! The dorms are located inside the campus, what do you expect?"

"It is in accordance to the manual given by the higher office, students shall wear proper uniform while inside the school premises. Well not unless you want to be in detention room again" Nayeon answered calmly. Momo rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll fix it. But not here. Not infront of you, annoying president" right, Nayeon was the campus president and is one of the elites. While on the other hand, Momo is one of the average students. And after being involved with alot of troubles in school, Momo is no longer a stranger to Nayeon.

"I'll let you slide for now" Nayeon said then shoo Momo away. Momo rolled her eyes then proceeds to her dorm.

-----

The day for the exam has come. Yerin is walking alone to get into her class. At the hallway, she observes each classroom she passes by.

The class of the average students were just chit chatting with their friends. Happily talking about things that Yerin doesn't have any idea about. There are also some who were sleeping, some are eating, and there are even some who were playing inside. It was sure to be noisy to be in that kind of class, but Yerin knew that it's actually comfortable and less pressured to be there.

As Yerin reached her destination, as expected, it was a total silence. Everyone was looking down; reading books and reviewing notes. Yerin sigh. She headed to her seat and grab a book. To be in a class of elites means to keep reviewing or else, you'll be drowned along the waves.

A week after the exam, results was expected.

"The results are on this paper. If you want to find out yours, just look into this paper then put your signature right beside your average score as an indicator that you were already aware with your rank" miss Lee said then put the paper on the desk before leaving the class.

"You go take a look for me, Chae" Yuna commanded as she took out her phone to play games. Chaeyeon stood and joined some of her classmates to look for their result as well as for their rank. Right after, she returned to sit beside Yuna with down expression.

"What's with the face?"

"Bad news. A very bad news" Yuna looked up to meet Chaeyeon's gaze.
"You ranked 3rd"

"What?!" Yuna stood and headed to the front to check the rankings by herself.

Yewon's rank also moved from 1st to 2nd; and the new top student is Jung Yerin. Yuna clinch her fist.

"Woah, congrats" Yuna looked beside her, only to meet an annoying grin from Eunbi.

"Were you mocking me?"

"Tch, why would I? You were at the 3rd while I was only at the 5th, so you're still smarter. Congrats" Eunbi tap Yuna's shoulder then left to get back to her seat. Annoyed, Yuna throws the paper on the floor and even stepped on it before grabbing her bag and left.
The act causes everyone to turn silent.

"Yuna's still the same as always" Yewon murmured, before giving her gaze to Yerin.
"Amazing how she put herself on top on her first month." Yewon smirked, "Let's see"