apple

Gen. Academy

Nayeon was standing at the front entry of the school building since early morning.

"Oh, I'm glad you finally took off your earrings" Nayeon said to a boy student

"I don't want to be in detention again"

"Well good for you" then she signalled him to go in.

Momo, who was wearing her uniform improperly, rolled her eyes when she sees Nayeon standing on that spot again. She was about to head towards the back door of the building but it was already too late since Nayeon already called out her name. She sigh and just walks to stand infront of Nayeon.

"Still with that habit?" Nayeon pointed Momo's uniform

"I'm still wearing my skirt and blazer, so what's the matter?"

"But you're wearing your black shirt beneath your blazer instead of blouse" Nayeon crossed her arms
"I'll note you to have detention for 2 hours right after class"

"What?! That's too much!" Nayeon smirked

"Serves you right. Go in now" Momo surely wants to punch this girl right now but before she does that, she just headed in since she wasn't on the mood to create troubles.

A few students after Momo, Nayeon can see Yuna approaching the entrance. She smiled

"You're surprisingly a bit late than your usual arrival" Nayeon said as an approach when Yuna is about to pass by her. Yuna stopped in her track to face Nayeon but she didn't say anything.
"By the way, you did great on that debate. You were so sharp" she complimented. Yuna likes it.

"I know I'm smart, no need to remind me" Nayeon grin

"Yeah...and oh anyways, Yerin wants us to have dinner outside. It'll be her treat" Yuna raises her brow and Nayeon immediately get the signal
"Come on Yuna. You've never hang out with us whenever we do breaks after long hours of working for that debate." Yuna rolled her eyes

"I don't think there's a need for me to be there. Besides, I usually don't eat dinner" Nayeon sigh

"I'm sure you'll be the only one missing if you don't come"

"That's fine" Yuna put her hands to her blazer's pockets then walks her way into the building. Nayeon shook her head

"Why do I even bother to envite you when I already know you'll definitely refuse? Tsk." She murmured to herself.

-----

When Yuna reached the classroom, it was a total silence. Everyone are either reading their books or reviewing their notes. Yuna went into her seat and immediately grab her own notes to review, although she already did the night before.

"You're mom texted me last night" Chaeyeon said, capturing the attention of Yuna.

"And?" Yuna asked without removing her gaze from her notes

"Like usual, she asked me about you and what were you doing lately. She wanted to know why you couldn't go home on weekend" Yuna sigh

"What did you tell her?"

"I informed her about the debate" Yuna nod. Chaeyeon raised her brow
"That's it? You're not gonna say anything?" Yuna remained silent. For her, there's no point of answering Chaeyeon anymore.
"Tsk. I can't believe you" Chaeyeon said and closed the book on her desk before leaving the classroom to use the toilet.

At the back of the seat behind Yuna is Eunbi. Since the person sitting infront of Eunbi haven't arrived yet, Eunbi get to have a view of Yuna's back. Also, she heard that conversation Yuna shared with Chaeyeon. She stared at Yuna's back then took a deep breath before resuming her attention to her book.

-----

"Aren't they coming?" Sojung asked.
They were gathered at the restaurant where Yerin are gonna treat them for dinner as a celebration for winning the debate.

"Yuna declined to join us" Nayeon calmly said. Eunha chuckled

"What are we gonna expect from that girl?" Eunha said before rolling her eyes.

"And Eunbi?" Sojung asked again since Eunbi was also missing

"She said she'll need to head somewhere and couldn't join us" Nayeon responded. 

After talking about those two missing girls, they took their orders and while waiting, they shared a conversation which they somehow grew comfortable to do so. Even Yewon was already comfortable talking. Yerin is happy to have friends which she don't know when would last. But sometimes, the thought of Yuna bothers her. She don't know why Yuna doesn't like joining them. Not unless if it's related to academic or any other school stuffs that she'll gain with.

Yerin sigh

"Any problem?" Eunha asked. Yerin shook her head

"No, I'm fine"

-----

Yuna is reading her book and is taking notes of every important details. She was too occupied of what she was doing until she heard a knock from her door. She stopped and headed her way to open the door, yet there's no one. But there was a paper bag left infront of her door. Curious, she picked up the bag and reads the note that was attached to it.

'Eat' Yuna frown. When she checked what's inside, she chuckled.
There was a bread, a bottle of water, and an apple. Just by seeing the apple, Yuna already knew the person behind it. She smiled and closed the door of her dorm.

She set aside her books and notes, then placed the paperbag on the table. She took out the bread given to her and eats it first. While eating, she grab her phone.

Yuna: hey

After a few seconds, she recieved a reply.

Eunbi: yeah?
Yuna: where are you?
Eunbi: why were you even interested?
Yuna: just answer me -_-
Eunbi: I'm heading somewhere

Yuna frown. She thinks for a while before sending a message again to Eunbi.

Yuna: where?

-----

Eunbi is sitting on the floor at the dorm building's rooftop alone. She was just enjoying the blow of the wind, the view of the stars, and the peace of the night.

"Hey" Eunbi turn to look and saw Yuna coming. Yuna took a sit beside Eunbi, but makes sure to have some space between them.

"You came"

"You won't mind the company, right?"

"I don't"

"From all places, you chose to be here" Eunbi exhales and looked up to the sky

"This place is good. I get to have a peace of mind" Yuna nod

"Thanks for the food, by the way" Eunbi looked at her
"It was you who left that paperbag infront of my dorm's door, am I right?" Eunbi softly chuckled

"You declined to join Yerin and the others, so I thought that maybe you haven't eaten yet" Eunbi honestly responded as she brings her eyes back to the sky. She just can't get enough of the beauty of the stars.
"I'm sorry. I can only give you a bread and an apple for dinner. I just don't know your taste to foods"

"No, it was good. Atleast I get to have something to digest" Eunbi hummed.
"And you? Why didn't you join them for dinner?"

"I ate with my brother just earlier. He envited me first" Eunbi responds softly. Yuna only nod then the atmosphere turned into a comfortable silence.

"It must be fun" Yuna said in a breath after minutes of silence.
"To eat with a family, it must be fun" Eunbi didn't speak and remained her eyes to the stars, as she wants Yuna to continue. Yuna seems to get the signal
"I don't know. I miss my family, but I don't want to go home to see them. Maybe there's something I want to avoid, or maybe something I don't want to see; I don't know." Yuna sigh

"Do you keep missing them?"

"I do"

"But does going home stresses you?"

"It does"

"Then you made the right choice to stay here"

"You think so?" Eunbi nod

"Home shouldn't be a place of discomfort. As long as you don't feel comfortable, then there's no need for you to go home"

"That's what I thought too" Eunbi sigh
"But it could've been better to have friends, I mean lots of friends. To stay here over the weekend doing nothing aside from studying, it's boring" Eunbi frown and faced at Yuna, somehow shocked to what she just heard.

"Did you just said studying is boring?" Yuna chuckled

"You seemed shocked. Do I looked like enjoying it?" Eunbi turned speechless with Yuna's confession.
"Yerin was right. Things doesn't only revolve around studying. But then, I always ended up doing it. I wanna hang out with people too, but I don't know why I can't. Feels like something I don't know is stopping me"

"Maybe I get your point, but I don't" Yuna chuckled at the deep statement that Eunbi just said.
"That's just how confusing your situation is, but I think it's better not to search for an answer but instead, wait for it. It will come out eventually" Yuna breaths in relief

"Can I ask you favor?"

"Try me"

"While I wait for the answer, will you stay with me?" Eunbi thought for a while

"Would you mind to eat an apple only? That's what I can only give while I'm with you" Yuna smiled

"Maybe I should start loving apples then" Eunbi smiled and mess Yuna's hair. This warm and open side of Yuna is a new sight to Eunbi, and she would love to see more of it.