Cheating

Gen. Academy

Yerin and her team borrowed alot of useful books from the library, then they do their brainstorming inside the abandoned debaters' club room. Sojung and Eunha joins them too.

"Hey," Nayeon called out Sojung's attention.
"Mind if I talk to you privately?" Sojung nod then they excused themselves. Yerin somehow guessed the thing that they'll possibly be discussing about.

"What was it?" Sojung asked as soon as they reach a place that is out from anyone's ears but to both of them.

"It's about your club. I'm really sorry" Sojung chuckled

"It's no big deal, the club wasn't needed anyway" Sojung bitterly chuckled. Nayeon sigh

"I promise to help you from now on. Just call me when you need anything. I'll do my best to make it up to you" Sojung tap Nayeon on the head like as if she's talking to a kid

"It's fine. Just...don't think about it from now on" Nayeon nod
"Let's go back now. There's still work that needs to be done" Sojung walks first followed by Nayeon.

-----

"Aigoo~ my back hurts" Eunha stretch her back
"Mind if we have a break for a while everyone?" All eyes landed to Eunha

"I would love that" Sojung said with a smile

"Nope. Go ahead by yourself" Yuna said without removing her gaze from the book.

"As usual, you're no fun Yuna"  Eunbi and Yewon lightly laughed with Eunha's words.

"Come on! A few minutes break won't hurt!" Sojung said as she closes the book she's reading.

"No, can't let a responsibility stand by" Yuna lazily responded.

"Fine. You stay here. Who wants to take a break with me?" Eunha cheerfully calls out. Sojung raises her hand first and eventually followed by everyone except Yuna.
"Oops, looks like you'll be alone here Yuna"

"Go on" Yuna responded, still not removing her gaze from the book. Eunha stood up and left the classroom, the rest followed.

"Are you sure you're not coming?" Yerin asked in concern

"Just go" Yerin sigh and left to catch up with the others.

As soon as everyone was gone, Yuna let go of the book and took a deep breath. She likes the silence. It relaxed her. She grab her phone and opened the messanges. Her mom asked her to be home by the next weekend. She missed her parents, but ironically, she don't want to be home to see them. She let out a sigh and replied an apology to her mom, giving an excuse for not going home as well. After that, she kept her phone back to her uniform pocket.

She lays her head down the desk and closes her eyes to nap for a while.

A few minutes pass by and Yuna was awaken by a hand lightly shaking her. As she opened her eyes, it was Eunbi.
Eunbi handed an apple to her.

"I'm sorry, that's all I got since I don't know what you like to eat for snacks" Eunbi said. Yuna chuckled and accepted the apple. Eunbi grab a chair and sit across Yuna.
"I thought you're not gonna let a responsibility stand by, but seriously you're doing it now"

"Isn't it obvious?" Yuna replied and took a bite of the apple

"Yeah, you just don't wanna hang out with us"

"I just wanna be alone"

"Do you want me to give you some time alone here?" Eunbi genuinely asked. Yuna shook her head

"No, it's fine" Yuna smiled. Eunbi nod
"Are the others coming too?"

"Nah, I think they'll take longer time. They're more fund with chatting about something than eating their food" Yuna nod. Eunbi grab the book she was reading awhile ago and resume reading from where she left.

"You're not going back to join them?" Eunbi shook her head

"I think I better stay here. A company would be fine for you, right?" Yuna smiled

"Thank you" for the first time, Eunbi heard her voice being sincere and soft. It somehow makes her feel relieve to finally see this soft side of full of pride Yuna.

-----

They spent a week of sleepless nights working for the upcoming debate. After finding an argument, they went through to have several counterarguments, yet most of the time they would likely to practice like having a small debate againsts each other.

Until the day came. Everyone was gathered at the gymnasium of their opposing school. All of the elitesin their school was there for them, yet there's only a few coming from the average students.

At the backstage, Yerin and her team were preparing by reviewing each of their arguments.

"Uhm, excuse me" they all looked at the male student who called for their attention
"I'm here to get your speech" Yewon frown

"What do you mean? Speech on debates are not collected" Yewon said

"I know. But this time, I was ordered to collect your speech to check if there is any personal criticism. This is in accordance to the jury" his words sounds convincing, so all of them handed out their speeches. He bowed to them then left.

"Since when did they have this kind of rule?" Nayeon asked out from curiousity. Yerin shrugged. Yewon elbowed Yuna making the girl look at her

"With the way you look at him, I know you're thinking what I'm thinking" Yewon whispered

"Let's see" Yuna responded. Yewon nod


It takes several minutes and the debate starts, Yerin and her team's speeches were already returned as well. The audience turns into a complete silence as everyone focused their ears and minds to every words spoken by the speakers.

Until the debate becomes heated. While Yewon was having her turn to speak, Yuna noticed the male student who comes to them earlier walking to close to the side and sneaks out a paper, handling it to their opposing team. Yuna smirked

"Cheating" Eunbi turn to look at Yuna

"What do you mean?" Eunbi asked

"I can sense it since earlier and now I can finally confirm it" Yuna keeps her eyes towards her opposing team who were now reading the paper that was handed to them.

When it was Yuna's turn to speak. The opposing team gave her a smile when she greets them with a fake cheerfull voice that shocks her teammates, including her classmates and schoolmates from the audience.

"First of all, there's something I wanna do that is surely unusual to events like this" Yuna raised her paper thay contains her supposed arguments for her speech, then infront of everyone, she tear her paper into half, crumpled it, then throws infront of her opposing team. The act makes everyone gasp. Yuna noticed everyone from their opposing school glaring at her, including the male student who went to get their speech at the backstage, so she smiled to them. The annoying smile she could ever give. After that, she proceeds with having her speech. Everyone was in awe with how Yuna managed to speak without stuttering, knowing the fact that she already don't have a copy of her speech. After her speech, questions were given to her and just like she expected, their questions sounded so unsure and unorganized. When Yuna's turn was done, she returned to her sit with a confident smile.
Then the opposing team took their turn to have the speech.

"Why did you do that?" Eunbi asked while Yerin, Nayeon, and Yewon are attentively listening to the speaker to locate any informations that they could get that may help them turn down the side of their opposed team.

"I saw a pattern"

"Pattern?" Yuna nod

"That guy who asked for our speech earlier at the back stage took a copy of our speech and will hand them one by one to our opposing team. They're taking huge advantage against us by having a copy of our speech and we might not know, they already have researched something that could turn each of our arguments down."

"So, what you did...?" Yuna smirked

"I pretended to throw my speech to see how they'll react. As I expected, they will no longer look at the copy given to them since they think I have changed my speech. And as a result, they were unable to locate any weak arguments in my speech. I think that's their weakness. To locate. So as their solution, they'll have our copy"

"But did you really changed your speech?" Yuna shook her head

"I memorized it. You know, it's easier to memorize a speech when you're the one making it" Yuna winked. Eunbi grin in amusement

"I'm gonna tell Nayeon to do the same thing as you did" Eunbi did told Nayeon, while Yuna only reminded Yerin and Yewon about the cheating. With that, they all agreed to have assigned Yerin and Yewon in locating the weak arguments while Eunbi and Nayeon are memorizing their speech on the spot. Yuna on the other hand is keeping her eyes on the guy that has a copy of their speech, as well as to their opposing team.

By the end of the debate, they managed to win and Sojung was even more happy with it as she was the first one to do a standing ovation. The act made Yerin and her team chuckled.