Part 8 - Building Trust

BTS Hunger Games


    I fired my arrow straight on ahead, and let another one go a split second after I had launched the first arrow. Everyone in the room gasped as I confidently walked over to my practice target. Just as I had suspected, I had hit a dead on bulls-eye. The second arrow however surprised everyone else even more. It had hit the first arrow in the exact same spot, effectively splitting the first arrow in twaine. I pulled out the two arrows that were now combined into one, and flung it to the side of the room before looking at PD-nim. 

    "Holy , I can't say I have ever seen anything like that before in all my years of mentouring.." PD-Nim said as he walked over to the arrows that I had tossed aside and examined them in awe. 

    "Like I said, I'm Min Suga." I said in a half-assed tone of voice. I don't like to come off as a cocky person, but when I tried to tone down my achievements I often came across as an who didn't give a about anything, which is about how I probably sounded at this point. I should really do something to try to earn their trust since as of yet I have only showed off my skill and acted like I didn't really care about much of anything. 

    Everyone was still staring at me like I had two heads, so I thought it fit to try to help out some of the weaker members to rid myself if the awkward silence. One in particulair who had not even picked up a weapon yet. 

    I found myself walking over to Hoseok who seemed like he was more than a bit intimidated by me. Honestly, he seems like a really nice person who would not even hurt a fly if it were up to him. I really wanted all of us to get through this together and make it to the end safely, so I had my mind set on getting to know him. I kind of felt like I would have to protect him most of all, since the others seemed to have at least some experience with weapons, even if they wouldn't admit it. 

    I walked over to Hoseok and held out my hand for him to shake. He jumped a bit in his shoes before taking hold of my hand with an unsure and very confused look plastered on his face. 

    "Hello, I am Yoongi..." I said in the best friendly voice that I could muster, "I noticed that you haven't even tried to pick up a weapon yet. Would you like my help to help you decide? I can give you some pointers." 

    Hoseok simply stared at me for a good minute before giving a long, deep sigh. 

    "Might as well get this over with. It's not like I have a choice after all, and me stalling isn't going to help anyone in the end of all of this." He replied as he rubbed his face with his hands, then followed me to a nearbye weapon rack. 

    I looked around and thought of what weapon was best for beginners who weren't used to armed combat. Honestly, Hoseak looked as if he would be better off hiding this whole time.... 

    Wait a minute... That is perfect! I walked over to a display table and obtained a small black box that was so small in fact that it fit comfortably in my hand. 

    Returning to Hoseok, I placed the box in his hand, and he looked at me inquisitively before opening it. As he opened it, his brow furrowed before immediately closing the box again. The look on his face became more manly and serious than the looks I have seen from him before. 

    "A blow dart?" Hoseok asked with a questionable look. 

    "Precisely," I replied with a smirk plastered on my face, "You seem like you would be good at hiding, rather than engaging in one on one combat. I figured that poisoned blow-darts would suit you the best." 

    Hoseok looked hown sadly at the case in his hand. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, then slowly exhaled in a long, drawn-out sigh. It was visible and apparent to all that Hoseok had a lot of struggles accepting his current situation. 

    "I do not want to kill anyone. I am a peaceful person. I don't know if I can go through with any of this." Hoseok proclaimed as a single tear streamed down his face. 

    "Hoseok..." Namjoon said as he strode over to hoseok, placing his hand on his shoulder to comfort him, "None of us want to do this either. We are all scared. Terrified even, but at this point there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it. It is not a choice, We are all forced into this situation." 

    Hoseok looked up at Namjoon with a slightly stronger look on his face and nodded at him once, their eyes meeting each other. Namjoon patted him on the back with a trusting smile on his face before returning to practicing with his weapon. 

    Hoseok slowly opened the small black carrying case once more and withdrew the blow dart, then started assembling it with shaky and sweaty hands. He tried to load it, but his hands would not cooperate with him. I stepped in and loaded it for him, explaining the process of how to use it as I did so. I didn't have much experience with one, but when I was younger I used to play with a blow dart every now and again, so I understood them a bit more than other weaponry. 

    Hoseok gave me a thankful look and took the blow-dart from my hands. His hands were still shakey, so I placed my hand on his to try and steady his nerves. 

    "Hoseok, everything will be ok. Just trust me, take a few breaths, and try and calm yourself. You will shoot best with a peaceful mind." I said. 

    "You know, you are actually a lot kinder than you came off as when from I first saw you. Thank you for helping me so far, I know that I am being quite a burdeon right now." Hoseok said with a small smile. 

    "No you aren't, everyone has the right to be unprepared in this situation. Fighting isn't for everyone," I said as I removed my hand from his, which was no longer shaking, "Now, clear your mind, face the target and concentrate on the spot you want to hit. Then blow, with force." 

    Hoseok did exactly as I had instructed him to do, and the target was hit. Not in the center, but he was still off to a good start. I patted him on the back while smirking, and he smiled back at me in return. I then returned to my target to practice, just as everyone else has been until now. 

    I still have some worry in the back of my mind about Hoseok, but for some reason, I had the utmost faith in him. I feel like we are all going to get along well. 

    I just hope that we can all make it out in one piece with our lives intact.