Part 6 - Revelation and Explanation

BTS Hunger Games


"It is no coincidence that all of you are here. In fact, you all have known each other for around four years so if you look at it, there are no strangers in this room. I hope you all notice this now if you have not already." he said as he paused and looked around at all of us once more. 

All the other boys apart from me looked startled, as if they had not connected the dots before. It was Because of our radio broadcasts. But how did they find our our names? We never even shared our real names with each other for fear of what the capital would do if they found us. 

    "You are all here because of your personal extracorricular activities. Although the Capital was unable to find the broadcasting point of KKul FM, they did find out your real names and took special care in making sure that you would be in the Hunger Games this year in order to pay for your crimes against the capital." Bang PD-Nim explained. 

    Everyone looked very speechless and concerned. Namjoon, who now that I connected their voices with their nicknames I realized he was Rapmon, had his head in his hands as if he could not believe our situation. 

The rest were simply staring blankly at the floor in shock. I mentally connected every person with their nicknames, Seokjin was Jin, Hoseok was J-Hope, Jimin was Chim Chim, Taehyung was V, and Jungkook was Kookie. 
    "Did they choose me knowing that Jimin would volunteer as tribute? Was that all premeditated? How did Hoseok get here, there is supposed to be one male and one female from each District. How does this make sense?" Asked Taehyung. 

    "They did not know for sure, they just assumed. Jimin would have been the victor chosen from the girls side even if he did not volunteer in her place. They would say that it was an accident that his name ended up there, but fate is fate. 

However, he volunteered even before a female name was chosen, so the capital got precisely what it wanted. As for Hoseok, he did not volunteer, but his name was the only name in the females side, so his name naturally got chosen. They were able to pull it off better since Jimin volunteered. If there were two instances like that, it would look bad on the capital for being negligent." Explained Bang PD-Nim. 

"So it was all just an elaborate set up..." said Jimin, looking down at the floor. 

    "But it's not like anyone was listening to us, it was a secret radio station we did to vent our frustrations," said Jin, who finally raised his head after staring at the ground blankely for a long while. 

    "That is where you are very wrong," replied Bang PD-nim, "Your voices and message have been heard by many through out every single District.

You have succeeded in creating quite the revolt against the capital. You have a massive number of followers who call themselves ARMY, and they are currently assembled in hiding to plot against the capital even now as we speak. 

They have even found out your identities themselves and have been supporting you in such secret that you yourselves didn't even know. The capital has only succeeded in finding your identities by capturing ARMYs and poisoning them to delusion with trackerjacker venom so that they would tell." He explained. 

    "What do you mean...," started Taehyung with very wide eyes, but he was interrupted by Bang PD-Nim mid sentence. 

    "Shh, let me finish explaining everything from start fo finish, then you may ask questions." He said. 

    "Have you noticed the amounts of people, more female than male, slowly disappearing from your Districts?" he continued, "You are all the reason for that."

"Your BTS ARMY has gathered into a community with one shared mission, which is to lay down their very lives if they have to simply so that you may continue spreading your messages to the rest of the world. That is a commendable feat that the Capital simply are unable to stand for. They are currently unable to locate the whereabouts of ARMY, but when ARMY finds out and spread the word that ALL of BTS are to be Tributes for the 58th Hunger Games, which they may have already by this point, they expect a revolt that will bring them out of hiding."

"The punishment from the Capital will be death for all of your followers. The Capital has already confirmed that there are ARMY agents Hidden in each district to keep watch over you, although they are unable to identify exactly who they are at this time. That is a breakdown of your current situation. You may now ask any questions if you have any." 

    All seven of us were completely baffled. Just HOW did all of this transpire purely from seven young Korean boys' radio station? How did they even come across it? We broadcasted purely on a private channel. 

We assumed a couple people would accidentally run across it, but pay no mind to it. How did they spread the word of our music so perfectly and silently all this time? And exactly how many ARMYs were there out there protecting us all this time? Many questions came into my head, but I was unsure of which to ask first. 

    I could not help but to smile, and that did not happen a lot.

Jungkook must have taken notice, because he proceeded to ask, "Why are you smiling?" with a perplexed look on his face. 

    I was a bit taken aback at the sudden question, as I did not quite know myself, but after thinking about it for a second, I finally answered. 

    "I guess... it's because all I have ever wanted was to make the music that I love, and to allow others to hear it. I have always just wanted to be praised for that one thing, even if it was not from a lot of people." I said, still smiling slightly, as the thought of many ARMYs out there loving and supporting our message and our music made me happy in a way I have never felt before, even despite the scary situation I was currently in. It made my existence in this dark world seem brighter, since I had no expectations from the start of this. 

    "I completely agree, I feel the same way... although I feel a great feeling of responsibility as well. We have caused all of those ARMYs to revolt against the Capital. That puts their lives in a very dangerous position. They are going to experience the same punishment as us, death, but in a different way." Explained Namjoon. 

    Hoseok started to cry a lot at Namjoon's words. 

    "Why are you crying?" asked Jimin, who seemed genuinely worried about the sobbing Hoseok. 

    "I do not want all of those ARMYs to get hurt because of us.. They are people who really love us and support what we do even enough to trade their lives for ours. What have we done to earn such an amazing and loyal following?" He sobbed, "It truely makes my heart hurt at the thought of those who have been hurt and will continue to be hurt because of this." 

    "Me too," said Taehyung, who looked wide eyed and frazzled, as if he was still not able to completely process the massive amount of information that was just hurled our way. "I just want them all to be healthy and not get hurt." 

    Everyone sat in silence for a good few minutes, simply trying to fully digest all of this situation. 

    "I am normally not able to express my feelings well," chimed in Jungkook out of the silence,"But I am really thankful for all of them." 

"All we can do now is to be thankful, and worried it seems." said Jin. 

    Jimin was just sitting there, obviously having a viscious battle of different thoughts that he did not quite know how to express in his head, but he had a very lost and tortured expression on his face. 

    The sight of him struggling like that bothered me since I am a softie when it comes to internal conflict. 

    "You haven't said much, Jimin, are you okay?" I asked in an I-might-but-might-not-care tone of voice. I do care, that's just my style. 

    "How many are out there?" He asked Bang PD-Nim, "How many ARMYs are there? How many have already died due to our cause? We didn't even mean to start this revolt, but we have to take responsibility now.. I just don't know what to process first, it is all just too unimaginable." he exclaimed, his small eyes becoming bigger and bigger the more worried he got, biting his plump lips with tension. 

    "The capital estimates that there are millions followers, and the number is growing every day by the thousands." Explained Bang PD-Nim. 

    All at once, we all yelled in startled voices,

"MILLIONS!?!?!?!" 

    "Precisely. Reports from the capital estmate that there are several communities of ARMYs living as one, all in hidden comunities all around the world. The entire world was listening to you. They have succeeded in finding exactly NONE of the strongholds where ARMYs exist."

"That is an impressive feat, as the Capital knows everything. Or they did until now. They have only managed in capturing small numbers of ARMYs up until this point, all of which have been tortured for information, or executed. Some killed themselves on the spot upon their capture with sleeping poison just to protect you." PD-nim explained with a gentle cautious face. 

    That was the absolute breaking point for all of us. Upon hearing that ARMYs have given their lives and endured such hardships for the sake of us, all of us began to cry long anguishing tears that felt as if they would never stop.

Words could not explain our sorrow, but we all agreed, we will avange ARMY. We will protect them, just as they protected us. For this, we were certain.