Part 4 - The Mentor

BTS Hunger Games

    
I opened my eyes for the first time today. The first time to awaken in such a strangely neat yet uncomfortable room. A pale yellow light trickled through the slight crack of the curtain and pierced through the darkness of the room, which allowed me to find the lights and turn them on.

    The room was all a very clean white color, as if no speck of dust would even dare to land on the floors and furnishings. It was wide, open and spacious with golden accents along the walls in the shape of butterflies. The bed was large, and was also decorated in white and gold themed bedding. There was a large window covered by golden curtains, and a kitchenette and bathroom built in to the room, both of which were astonishingly spotless. 

It was the nicest room I had ever slept in, and it made me nausous. I could not help but remember my family and the circumstances in which we lived back in District 3. 

Both of my parents worked in the industrial factories, working long hard hours struggling to put food on the table for us. We lived in a small house,; if you could even call it a house, it is more like a shack. 

It made me so angry that there are such luxurious places in the Capital, and we work our asses off providing for their wants and needs, but they do not care enough about us to even allow us to eat regularly. It is because we are disposable to them and everyone knows it.

There was a knock at the door. My heart skipped a beat for a moment, as I was startled by the knock. Nonetheless, I opened the door. 

Standing behind the door was a middle-aged man who looked as if he too were Korean. He was not the tallest or skinniest individual, but he gave off a feeling that he had overcome a lot in his time. 

"Hello, My name is Bang Si Hyuk. You may call me Bang PD-nim, and I am your mentor for this Hunger Games." 

Just from his name and looks, I recognized him immediately as a prior victor from District 3 and knew that he too was Korean. From what I can recall, he succeeded in winning his year by hiding the whole time and avoiding the obsticles until everyone else killed each other or died from the elements and conditions of the arena. 

"Hello." I responded, since nothing much else of use immediately came to my mind to say. 

"Sorry, but I am going to need you to follow me. There is a bit of explaining to do about your current circumstance since they are rather different this year from the rest. You will not be training and associating with the female victor from your District. I have been put in charge of mentoring you and a few others. You will learn more about it when we get to the training area." 

I was a bit bewildered by what he juat said, but I did not question it. I simply nodded and followed him, leaving my accomidations behind.