Part 5 - The Meeting

BTS Hunger Games


I followed Bang PD-Nim for a while through hallway after hallway, corridor after corridor, all of which were so clean and pristine in appearence that it made even my accomidations look shabby in comparison. 

Again, the sight of it made me angry and such to my stomach. 

We finally stopped at a door at the end of a very long corridor and Bang PD-Nim opened it without knocking. This must be our stop. 

The inside of the room was all light in color and extremely lit up. There were no furnishings apart from one long table with eight chairs, there were no other rooms, doors or windows apart from the door that we entered in. 
There were however, six young Korean men sitting at the table in the middle of the room in complete silence. The puzzle was starting to fit together immediately. I just hoped I was wrong, but simply from the fact that all of us appeared to be Korean, I doubt I was. 

"Take a seat." said Bang PD-Nim, pointing to the only empty chair at the table after he took his own seat at the head of the table. 

"Ok, for starters, to try and clear some of this tension in the air I would like each of you to stand up one by one and introduce yourselves. Then I will tell you exactly why you all are here and not with the other members of your districts." 

No one looked up or made even the slightest move to stand and introduce themselves. 

"Ok," sighed Bang PD-Nim, "If none of you are going to volunteer to start, we will start from an order of my choosing. Kim Seokjin, introduce yourself to everyone." 

A tall and rather perfect featured individual stood up from the third chair from the left. He had his hair dyed a chestnut brown color, had full lips, and was quite tall. He didn't even seem like a real person at first glance. He is what one would call worldwide handsome. 

"Hello, my name is Seokjin. I am from district 2. My strengths are that I know all about foods. I know what is and is not poisonous to eat. I am Korean... I don't really know what else to say."

He sat down in his seat with a glum look on his face. 

"Next, Min Yoongi, then Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, then Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and lastly Jeon Jungkook. We will go in that order so prepare yourselves." said Bang PD-Nim. 

I stood up, as it was my turn to introduce myself, and if I did not play along it would take longer to get all of this over with. 

"My name is Yoongi. I am from District 3. I know some about electronics... there's not much else." I sort of mumbled. 

There, that should be good enough I suppose. I sat down and another person stood up in turn. He too was tall, with full lips and a very interesting and leader type quality to his appearence. He looked strong, but also looked as if he had a wild and destructive nature about himself that made me a tad nervous. 

"Hey, I'm Namjoon. I'm from District 4, and I'm not really sure what my strengths are but i'll let you know when I find out." He said with a slight friendly smile at the end, then also took his seat. Who could smile in this situation? 

Definitely not the next person to introduce themselves, as he looked white as a sheet and terrified enough for all of us combined. He stood up anyways just to be a team player it seemed. He had clear skin, very pleasently shaped and colored eyes, defined cheekbones, and a heart shaped mouth. He seemed like a genuinely nice person from first impression. 

"Hi, I'm Hoseok. I am from District 4 as well,." he said, taking a small worried look at Namjoon who returned a smile of reassurance. Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all. 

He smiled back, then continued speaking.

"I do not have a lot of courage when it comes to scary situations, but I guess my strength is that I have good control of my body. That is all for now." He said, taking his seat then looking once again at Namjoon who gave a nod, as to incinuate that he did a good job. 

My only thought however was how there were 2 male tributes from District 4. I would have to wait for Bang PD-Nim's explanation, but the curiosity was really immense. 

The next person stood up. He was about one centimeter shorter than myself from the looks of it, and had small yet still attractive eyes. He had the fullest lips out of the bunch of us, and had very toned and muscular thighs. I still thought my legs were nicer. 

"Oh, hi," He said with a small wave and a shy smile, "I am Jimin, and I am from District 5. I also have very good control of my body I guess, although I am lacking in many ways in my opinion. I volunteered as a tribute this year."

What the . What kind of insane individual would actually volunteer to enter themselves into this horrible death match? The only ones I knew of were from the more privilaged districts since they were ferociously trained from a young age to be skilled in deadly combat. He must be very skilled. 

Jimin took his seat. The next person to introduce stood up with a deeply saddened look on his face. His face was startlingly symmetrical apart from having one monolid and one double eyelid, and a very tiny freckle-like mole on the tip of his nose. He was tall with very nice proportions to his whole body. He kind of looked like a Manga character if you ask me. 

"Hello, I am Taehyung. I am also from District 5. I am good at hitting targets with precision due to playing games as a child. Jimin is here because he did not want me to go through this alone, so he volunteered in place of the female tribute of our district. We have been best friends for a long time, but I do not want this for him.." He said with tears in his eyes, than he too sat back down. 

Now I understood Jimin very well, although it seemed as if Taehyung still could not fathom why his friend would do such a stupid thing just so they can die together. Also, another district with two male tributes? This was completely unheard of. Why would the Capital allow such abnormal things to happen? 

There were always set rules to abide by. It has always been one male and one female from each district to be chosen as Tribute. What changed this year? 

The last person to stand and introduce himself was the youngest, but not necessarily the youngest looking as he was quite toned and muscled compared to the rest of us. He was taller than Jimin and myself, but around the same height as the rest. He had good features, but something about him reminded me of a bunny-rabbit. 

"Hey, I'm Jungkook. I am pretty good at most things I try and I learn new things fast. I am pretty strong as well. I am from District 7." He said. I saw why he reminded me of a bunny-rabbit. He had bunny like teeth. 

Jungkook sat back down in his chair and Bang PD-Nim stood from his seat at the head of the table. He did a passing glance at each and every one of us as he slowly paced the room in front of the table a couple of times before finally stopping. 

He took a deep breath and placed his hands on the table, leaning against it for a few seconds before standing back up and speaking. 

"As you all know by now, I am your Mentor, Bang Si Hyuk. Since we are all Korean, please call me Bang PD-Nim out of respect for your elders. We must still have order in chaotic times." He said. 

All of us agreed to his request and waited for the rest of his explanation. He paced the room a few more times only to end up at his chair once again, which he sat down in to make himself more comfortable, or to get himself to calm down a bit, although I was not quite sure which. 

And then he told us. All of it...