Part 7 - Training

BTS Hunger Games


"I understand your worries, but I am not with the capital, although I was commissioned by the capital to mentor all of you." explained PD-Nim. 

"I will guide you and teach you how to survive. You may have to kill others who try to kill you, but you must do it. You must do anything to survive. All of you, consider yourselves allies in this fight, and never leave any one member behind. Never walk alone. The Capital wants all of you to train together to seperate you from the very real, very hard training that all the other Tributes are going through. They paired you with me, since I have never actually killed anyone. They see that as a weakness. But I know how to fight, and I know how to survive. I will teach you all that I know. So follow me, and the real training will begin." 

Bang PD-Nim walked up to the door, and pushed a small white button on the side of it that was so hidden in the bright room that it was left previously unnoticed. 

The whole wall on the right side of the room opened up revealing a very large room that was just as bright in color and just as lit up as the room we were sitting in. 

"Follow me." PD-Nim instructed, and we slowly got up, and followed him into the new and unfamiliar room. 

The room was filled with weapons of every sort. There were racks of swords, javolynns. Throwing knives were perfectly displayed upon red velvet display tables, along with hatchets, slingshots, whips, bows and arrows, and many many more weapons. Except for guns. There were none of those, for they were too dangerous for tributes to handle. 

"What are we supposed to do in here?" asked Jimin with a slight crack in his voice. You could tell that he has never encountered weapons of this caliber before in his life.

    PD-Nim looked around at the various targets and weapons, browsing the racks, obviously looking for something very particulair. He stopped in front of a throwing knife, and gently picked it up, balancing it carefully between his fingers as if it belonged there. 

"Although I did not have the nerve to kill another in the arena..." He started to explain, but stopped mid sentence and without a further word, he masterfully hurled the knife at the target furthest from him, which flew past Hoseok with a whoosh, startling him. The knife hit the dead center of the target, and he didn't even try. "I did use my skills for the purpose of distraction. That was a very crucial tactic in my success." 

Taehyung ran to the target with a look of complete awe on his face. 
    "WAHHH!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" He exclaimed with a voice filled with amazement and a look of determination, as if he would surely learn how to do that himself. 

"All in the wrist." Replied PD-Nim. 

"Swag." I said, as it was all I could think to say. It WAS pretty cool after all. 

Hoseok was still in shock at the fact that a knife flew so close to him. 

"Be more careful next time," he said shakily, "A person could get hurt." 

"That's the point." replied PD-Nim with a cocky smirk on his face. "I am supposed to teach you how to kill. Firstly though, I would like for all of you to choose a weapon, and give it a try. But I implore you, be very aware of your surroundings, we wouldn't want you to accidentally hurt one another." 

I stood to the side and observed for a little while while everyone browsed and perused the various weapons displayed before them. 

The first to pick up and try out a weapon was Jungkook, who chose a set of throwing hatchets. 

"I have never touched a weapon in my life." he said as he weilded the hatchet in his right hand. As he held it, you could truely see how much he worked out. His muscles bulged as he tightened his grip on the handle, veins making themselves ever present on his arms like little riverways. He masterfully drew his arm back, making sure that no one was in the danger zone, then released the weapon, throwing it with such masterful precision and force that it hit the target with a loud WHOP! 

I suppose that it was very true that he picked up stuff really fast, as he too hit the target dead center his first try. It was so snugly burried into the center of the target that it took both Jungkook and Namjoon prying at it to release it from the target. It appears as if he had found the proper weapon for himself, although I wouldn't be surprised if he could handle each and every one of these weapons with ease.

    "Very well done, Jungkook!" praised PD-nim, and Jungkook let a very manly yet still bunny-like smile show on his face as if he were quite pleased with himself. 
    The next member to select a weapon was Namjoon who picked up a large hammer and proceeded to completely oblierate his wooden target into little blister like shrapnel, all the while taking down a weapon rack accidentally at the same time, which broke a halbird, although no one was quite sure how as it seemed to be a sturdy enough weapon. 

    "Hah, sorry... sorry!" said Namjoon, who scratched his tossled hair in confusion, which caused everyone to chuckle a bit at his blunder. 

    "Wow!" exclaimed PD-Nim, 
"You are like the god of destruction!" And everyone more than chuckled at that remark. 

Taehuyng was trying to coax Jimin into picking a weapon, but Jimin seemed less than thrilled at the idea of something so scary and violent, and Jungkook proceeded to pick up a whip and attempt to hand it to Jimin. 

"Hyung, this mostly just hurts a lot. It takes a lot of hits to kill someone, so why don't you try this first and see how it handles?" he said. 

"I suppose I have no other choice.." Jimin responded, as he gently extracted the whip from Jungkooks hands with a small but nervous smile. 

Jimin pursed his lips, and a sudden unexpected intensity came into his eyes. He turned from a cute shy Jimin into a charismatic and somehow graceful yet y version of himself that you would have never known existed within him as he brought back his arm in such a beautiful yet still manly way. He twisted and turned his body with such vexing precision that you think that he would have already known exactly how to do what he was doing as he gracefully snapped his arm and wrist foreward, leaving a long torn whip mark on his target. Damn. This boy is like a cat. 

Everyone was amazed by the intensity that was brought upon by his actions and thoroughly applauded Jimin, especially Taehyung, who was giving everyone a detailed account of what Jimin just did. 

"Yaahhh, did you see that? He was all KWAH-CHAHH!!! Kkkkkk! WOW!!!" he laughed, adding interesting and somewhat exagerated body movements as he was trying to give his Jimin play by play to all that would listen. I see now that some of the tension has broken between us all, he is a bit of an odd one, but he is a good kid. 

Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon sat at the sides laughing at the younger boys as they played together. Now that I think about it, this is our first time associating after all this time in person, but we already know each others souls through the music we all made together. 

It is a strange but strong sense of comroderie, and there was almost no akwardness between us to be had. It was kind of nice, as I have never had that before. I really hoped we could all make it till the end together.

    Jin chose a spear as his weapon, but he seemed as if he was a tad clumsy with it at first. I am sure that he would get the hang of it eventually though. He is a funny character, but he also seemed to know when to be serious and when to not. Although I find that all jokes he told were not funny in the slightest. 

    Jin fumbled around with the spear for a bit, attempting to launch it at the target, limbs flailing in an interesting way. I only then noticed that he had extremely good proportions, and very wide shoulders to match his nearly perfect face. He hit the target, but only on the outside border, causing the wooden handle of it to lay on the ground with the tip haphazardly sticking into the target. 

    Jin picked up the wooden handle, and released the spear from the target rather easily, as it was not burried that deeply into it. He looked at the long wooden handle for a couple of seconds, and then began to supress laughter with a playful look in his eyes. 

"Hey, I have a joke," announced Jin to everyone, "What is brown and sticky?" he asked with a smirk on his face as if he were trying so hard not to laugh at the joke before he told the punchline. 

Everyone stared at Jin inquisitively, then Jimin said, "I don't know Hyung, what is brown and sticky?" 

    Jin gave the most mischevious look, as he blurted out very confidintely, "A STICK!!! A STICK!!!" he then proceeded to let out the most unique laugh that I have ever heard as he laughed at his own joke. His laugh reminded me very much of the squeaky sound that happens when you are washing windows. Again, he is a funny character. 

    No one laughed very much apart from Jimin, who was doubled over in laughter at the very rediculous joke. 

    Jin continued to hurl the spear at the target, getting increasingly better hits than before. With Bang PD-Nim by his side, he was able to correct his posture and improved a lot, but he still needed a lot of practice. I really hope that he improves a lot, because we needed all of the skills possible in order to survive this together. 

    Taehyung was fooling around with the throwing knives and you could just tell that he was determined to master the art of throwing them, just as Bang PD-Nim was. He held three in his left hand, and threw them one by one at the practice target. Two of them stuck, and the third hit the target with it's handle, bouncing off the target and hitting the floor with a sharp clang, causing him to flinch. 

    He let a boxy smile show on his face, accompanied with a small giggle. 

    "I didn't miss!" he announced while still shyly chuckling, as he skittered over to the target, picking up his dropped knife from the area near the target, and planting it in the bullseye. 

    "Nah, you sooo missed," chucked Namjoon as he attempted to clean up the target he decimated. 

    Hoseok was standing awkwardly and timidly at the side of the room, staring blankly into space. He was obviously uncomfortable and afraid about this whole situation. It seems as if he is going to need all of the support he can get to make it through this. I would be sure to have a talk with him later, as I was a bit preoccupied at the moment. 

    I had never tried my hand at any sort of weapon, so I just walked up to the first one that I saw, which happened to be a bow and arrow. I calmly walked up, placing my hand firmly on the bow's handle. I had seen one being used before, so I got the general idea of it. 

    I set the arrow into position, looked at the target, and drew back the bowstring until it touched my cheek. 

    At that moment, Jungkook walked up to me. 

    "Hey, you sure you can do it?" he asked with a teasing bunny-like smile showing on his face.

    I locked eyes with him for a brief moment before focousing back at the target ahead of me. 

    "I'm Min Suga," I said confidently, as I released my hold on the bowstring, launching the arrow straight ahead.