Bon Voyage: Day 1

Look Here

I'm sorry for not updating last week.
It wasn't really a good week for me, since it's nearing the end of the semester and exams are coming up. On top of that my mum called to tell me dad's cancer relapsed and he's in the hospital again...
And I've been doing a lot of thinking these days, too, about a lot of things, and I just forgot to update. I'm sorry. Also, this chapter is pretty short, but then again I'm going to go day by day for the Bon voyage, maybe two days in one chapter sometimes, so the next few chapters will probably be pretty short as well!
Hope you like it^^

 

It was the day of their Inkigayo recording: and also, although the members didn't know it yet, the day they left for their surprise Europe trip. 

The members had been honestly shocked when they'd announced that the whole team was leaving for Europe in an hour, and Yenna had to suppress her laughter as she watched the group scramble about, searching for items of clothing and essential gadgets.

"What?!! How can we pack everything in just 50 minutes?!" Seokjin yelped as the group scattered.

Jimin was almost frantic, unsure what to pack, while her brother worried about the camera as he tried to pack his clothes. Yenna rolled her eyes when she heard Hoseok whining about fashion and which pairs of jeans he should pack. Yoongi seemed the most rational, telling everyone to just pack the barest minimum, and only choose the things they felt most comfortable in.

Jungkook had a mini breakdown when he couldn't find his camera. Taehyung stood watching them all scurry around, and Yenna noticed he looked a little sad that he couldn't join in. Jimin was quick to notice his best friend's mood, though, and was quick to cheer him up, reminding him that it was all for Taehyung's drama, Hwarang, and that he would only be late by a day.

Yenna stifled a laugh when Jungkook showed his bundle of black socks to the camera. Jungkook was a big fan of plain black underwear, she'd heard - black socks, black boxers, black everything - and apparently the rumors were true.

The point of this trip was to let the members do everything by themselves - and she was honestly shocked at how helpless the boys were without their managers. She watched anxiously as they tried to check themselves in, whispering to the manager standing beside her, "They wouldn't actually lose their passports or plane tickets, would they?"

Sejin heaved a sigh. "I sincerely hope not," he mumbled, tapping his foot anxiously. Thankfully, however, they finally managed to get their tickets, thanks mainly to Namjoon.

Jungkook was looking adorably confused and she grinned at him when he blushed in embarrassment at having chosen the wrong machines to check into. He stuck out his tongue at her before hurrying to join his hyungs. Her brother wasn't much better, and she couldn't help but crack up at his hopelessness.

She and the other staff members stayed as out of the way of the members as possible, since the whole trip was supposed to be filmed. The members even had their own handheld cameras, allowing the few cameramen to rest.

Only the barest minimum of staff were going: only half a dozen or so in total. They were all excited, since the fact that BTS were supposed to do everything on their own also meant that they would be allowed more free time.

The first crisis came when Jimin suddenly jumped up from his seat next to the small lake and rushed back to the bus stop.

"Wait! My bag!" he yelled, and Yenna facepalmed. Of course this would be happening as soon as they arrived. The staff members held an emergency meeting, while BTS stood in a circle, trying to solve their problem themselves.

Pretty soon, however, the members were wandering around taking photos and enjoying the view, while Jimin stood there biting his lip, looking increasingly guilty. He tried his best not to let it show, but Yenna could tell he was really upset at having caused problems for everyone.

She and the other staff decided to go first to their lodgings, preparing the place for BTS. As soon as they arrived, they set to work installing the cameras in every corner, hurrying to finish preparations before the members and the cameramen arrived.

They were staying in the apartment connected to BTS' - it was slightly smaller, with no kitchen or dining room, just a small living space with 3 more bedrooms. Yenna and the other female staff were sharing a room, the cameramen had the other, while the director and the manager, Sejin, shared the third.

They ended up eating Ramen for dinner, and the members sprung a surprise party on Jungkook for the Coming-of-age day. The staff members all watched, laughing, as the members bickered about who would be giving Jungkook the kiss - for a kiss, perfume and flowers were the traditional gifts for the Coming-of-age ceremony.

In the end, Jungkook managed to turn the conversation, successfully distracting his hyungs from the topic of the kiss. Since Yenna was also the same age as Jungkook, the staff members did the same for her, celebrating quietly off camera. In her case, she got kissed on the cheek by her brother, despite her protests and struggles. She rubbed it off with the back of her hand, scowling at Hoseok who grinned and blew her another cheeky kiss, Jin-style.

Once the cameras were off, the BTS members mobbed Yenna and Jungkook, clamoring for Yenna to kiss Jungkook, since no one had done it yet. The staff members joined in, enjoying teasing the two youngest members. Jungkook and Yenna protested up a storm, but in the end Yenna found herself being manhandled by her brother into giving Jungkook a peck on the cheek while the others crooned "So this is love" in the background.

Both youngsters blushed, unable to look each other in the eyes, and Jimin and Yoongi crowed in triumph, wolf-whistling and yelling excitedly.

All in all, it was chaotic, and Yenna didn't blame the neighbors for thumping on the wall, warning them to keep it down. Things calmed down after that, the staff either retiring to their rooms or going out to see the city. The members took turns using the shower, the rest dancing in the living room to some more Coldplay and Tinashe (Hoseok's choice, obviously) or simply crashing in their rooms, in the case of Yoongi and Namjoon. Both rappers simply walked into their rooms, threw themselves onto their beds and promptly started snoring. Yenna didn't blame them - all the members had been exhausted by their continuous schedules and comeback, sometimes having to work for days on end without setting foot in their dorms. The younger members were feeling a lot better thanks to the 10 hour flight, which every single one of them had slept through, but the older members were still feeling the fatigue. Seokjin decided against a nap, instead sitting cross legged on the sofa, quietly watching the others dance and occasionally joining in. 

Jungkook and Jimin gave exaggerated bows to each other, pretending to be in a ballroom, when Elvis Presley's classic, "Can't help falling in love with you" started playing, the playlist on shuffle. Yenna, Hoseok and Seokjin laughed as the two started playfully slow dancing, Jungkook pretending to be a snobby gentleman while Jimin mimed wearing a huge, puffy dress that kept getting in the way. It was hilarious, watching Jungkook caper about with his nose stuck high in the air, back ramrod straight, and Jimin swishing his imaginary skirts around, dancing on his toes to give the impression of wearing heels. Hoseok stood and held out his hand to Yenna with a flourish, bowing deeply and kissing the back of her hand.

"May I, princess?" he asked in a sultry voice, waggling his eyebrows, and Yenna fanned herself with her hand, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Why, it would be my pleasure," she simpered in a high voice, taking his hand and dropping into a deep curtsy, holding out her invisible skirt. Beaming, Hoseok drew her into a waltz, spinning her around until she was dizzy and out of breath from laughing too hard.

Now, the thing was, Yenna had actually learned how to slow waltz properly. She'd taken social dance lessons in her first year of University, learning how to dance the waltz, jive, discofox, rumba, and all sorts of partner-dances, and she'd loved it. Now, she drew on that knowledge as she instructed her brother on the proper way to waltz, grinning proudly when he caught on almost immediately. He was a dancer, after all, and in no time at all he was dancing Yenna around like a pro.

Seokjin clapped, delighted.

"Can you teach me, too?" he asked eagerly, and Yenna agreed immediately.

"It's simple," she explained. "You basically draw a small box with your feet: place your feet between your partner's when you step forward. And one, two, three, one, two, three." She showed the steps in slow motion, stepping back, then sidestepping, before moving back forward, leading Seokjin gently all the while.

"Okay, whoa, whoa," Seokjin laughed, flustered. "Again." It took quite a while for him to get it. Jungkook and Jimin had also grown interested and copied them as they danced, picking up the steps pretty quickly and taunting Seokjin as he stumbled over his feet.

"Guys, don't be mean," Yenna reprimanded. "Not everyone can be good dancers, like you."

"Yeah!" Seokjin agreed vehemently, staring intently down at his feet as he moved forwards, then back. "Don't be such jerks."

Everyone clapped when Seokjin finally got it, proudly spinning Yenna around to Michael Buble's song. The four took turns being each other's partners, laughing and joking around as they danced around the small living room.

Jungkook was Yenna's favourite partner: Hoseok was quick on his feet, improvising complicated twists and turns and occasionally even dipping her down or lifting her up. Jimin was less eager but infinitely more graceful, almost floating around as they danced. Seokjin was still slightly awkward, but tried his best, making up for his lack of grace with eagerness, making Yenna laugh. Jungkook was the perfect height for Yenna, their height difference allowing her to hold him comfortably in the close position. He was gentle but firm, knowing exactly what he wanted to do and leading her accordingly. Being a good leader is crucial in all partner dances, and Jungkook knew how to lead well, subtly indicating each move a beat before he made it.

After a half dozen songs, Seokjin and Jimin flopped down, claiming to be too exhausted to move. The impromptu dance party broke up as the four started getting ready for bed, turning in early in order to be up early the next morning.

Yenna fell asleep with a smile on her face, replaying the little moment in her mind. Bright smiles and handsome dark eyes looking down at her haunted her dreams that night.

 

A/N. I've been taking social dance lessons lately and it's so much fun. We're learning how to dance the rumba, jive, discofox, slow waltz and foxtrott, as well as a bit of salsa. I love it.