Protectiveness.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Prompt: Pregnant person A has a very protective person B!

 

Kang Seulgi doesn’t want to admit it, but she’s more protective now.

 

“Sweetheart,” Bae Joohyun said with a soft smile and a pat to Seulgi’s head. “Are you sure you’re okay? You seem a little more on edge than normal.”

 

Seulgi shook her head rapidly. “I’m fine,” she gave a vague smile and rubbed her wife’s grown belly, her hand as tender and careful as if she was caressing the petal of a rose. “I’m totally fine.”

 

So fine that she was like a bodyguard to her pregnant wife, staying near and giving ugly glares to anyone who looked at her funny or even dared to walk near. Everytime Joohyun was buying groceries, Seulgi was around to carry anything and everything for her queen, which always brought a smile to Joohyun’s face but a tender, easing pat to Seulgi’s shoulder. Everytime Joohyun felt hungry or thirsty, Seulgi zooted straight to the kitchen and got her anything she wanted in record time, receiving a sweet kiss and a calming ruffle to her hair. Everytime Joohyun needed anything, Seulgi was in the forefront ready to give it all to her wife. And of course, everytime someone – family, friends or coworkers – approached Joohyun with intentions to congratulate her or ask if they could touch that belly, Seulgi always tensed up and got near her wife, doing her very best to stay in her spot. It was endearing, quite charming. But she worried that she might do something regrettable like punching a friend in the face. And yet, she quite liked being protected by her wife like this.

 

There, seated together on the couch merely enjoying the quiet afternoon, Joohyun thought to bring it up. “Oh yeah, you’re totally fine,” Joohyun playfully said. “So fine you nearly stared at someone to death at the supermarket.”

 

Seulgi pouted and looked away, as if to avoid admitting that it happened.

 

Joohyun laughed though. “I’m pregnant, not recovering from surgery.”

 

Seulgi looked up at her wife and chuckled a little, still idly caressing her wife’s tummy. “Yes, but being pregnant looks rough. I am just being helpful.”

 

“That you are,” Joohyun leaned in, giving a soft kiss to Seulgi’s head, watching the way she smiled at the gesture and the subtle praise in her caresses. “I can’t blame you, Seulgi. I’m your wife, your instincts tell you to love and protect me at all cost.”

 

“Well, you ARE my wife,” Seulgi laughed.

 

With a smile and a soft purr, Joohyun scooted over a bit, adjusted and laid her head down on her protective wife’s lap. “And I’m very lucky,” she mumbled a little, already feeling Seulgi’s fingers running through her hair. “But please, don’t be too aggressive and standoffish to people, they hardly think of harming me.”

 

“Oookayyy,” Seulgi pouted a little again, but still played with her wife’s hair diligently, just the way she likes it. “I still like being protective over you.”

 

“And I like that you are, I do feel safe,” Joohyun giggled, reaching up to pat Seulgi’s tummy. “I’ll let you be my guardian, but focus more on me, okay? Give me attention.”


With a soft chuckle, Seulgi nodded. “Yes, ma’am~”