Morning Rituals.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Based on my prompt.

 

 

Kang Seulgi was always eager to wake up early, right at dawn when the air was crisp and the sun was shyly hiding. At that moment, almost every time, she dashed quietly through the quiet dorms and infiltrated into the room of the goddess of peace -- peacefully sleeping yet ethereal. Only then did Seulgi pull the curtains a bit and leaned down to Joohyun. Sometimes, she kissed her head, sometimes she kissed her cheek and sometimes the romantic Seulgi let her kisses trail.

 

Whenever Joohyun slept with her back facing up, Seulgi found it irresistible not to kiss. It always starts with one kiss on the back of her shoulder, then let the trailing of slow, heartfelt kisses down Joohyun's back. One after the other, Seulgi would kiss again and again until she felt Joohyun shifting awake and humming softly. And of course, sometimes Joohyun was awake but pretending to be asleep. Well, trying to because sometimes the cheeky smile (which was hard to contain) gave it away but it didn't stop Seulgi from attacking her sweetly with her kisses. And sometimes, there could even be some sly little touches that always had Joohyun scolding the mischievous Seulgi -- only to give in and let their bodies warm themselves up without the sun.

 

However, this morning was different when Joohyun -- earliest of the birds -- woke up an hour before dawn. Entertained by her phone and her mental maps, the dawn inched close slowly and above her head sparkled the imaginary lightbulb. How about changing the game today? Without more thoughts, she sprung up and slipped off her bed, her entire body full of energy and looking for a way to expel it.

 

Joohyun’s careful steps melted together with the quietness of the dorm, not a soul alerted or awake. Creeping into the closet-like room, Joohyun did her best to keep her giggles away, twisting the doorknob very carefully. The softest click went unnoticed by the snoring bear that slept soundly, a wool blanket haphazardly wrapped around her waist and ankle but showing off her . Three things came to mind for Joohyun: for one, Kang Seulgi should really lock her door if she was sleeping , though it’s not like the girls hadn’t seen it -- either by accident or by design -- but just for safety; secondly, Joohyun felt like trailing her own set of kisses down Seulgi’s back but…

 

The third thing made her move faster. 

 

Quietly sitting on the edge of Seulgi’s bed -- jumping traps and avoiding the mess Seulgi had deliberately left there before going to sleep -- Joohyun looked at Seulgi’s angelic features and messy red-dyed hair. A dainty fingertip traveled down the subtle hills and curvatures of Seulgi’s back, trailing up those broad shoulders and then…

 

A poke. A poke to Seulgi’s mole, tender and playful, enough to wake her but not to annoy her. “Ding dong, Kang Seulgi wake up,” Joohyun sing-songed, her voice just a tender wave of pleasantness to Seulgi’s ear.

A shift, a mumble, no more snoring.

 

“Kang Seulgi, I’m ringing home,” Joohyun poked again. “Ding dong!”

 

Only then did Seulgi’s eyes fluttered open, disoriented. When they found Joohyun’s nurturing eyes, Seulgi’s sleepy face as a whole lit up.

 

“Finally,” Joohyun laughed, watching Seulgi stretch her lanky arms. Then, she took the time to lean down and kiss that sweet little mole from her lover. The moment her soft lips pecked the mole, Seulgi wasted no time to...

 

“Ding dong!”

 

And the giggles flowed freely then, the playful tickles and the clinginess ensuing right off the bat. The morning was still young and Joohyun had a few more kisses to give.