let’s go on a date

because

The next day Woojin woke up with a throbbing pain surrounding his head. To his disbelief, his mind re-called all the shots he had taken the night before. And of course, he couldn’t remember anything else besides the loud music and alcohol. Besides the migraines he was currently dealing with, Woojin changed clothes and went downstairs to leave to go to the company. Although he was suffering from a hang-over, he didn’t want to deal with the embarrassment of not showing up because he drank a little too much. Pride, you know.

 

So, a little unsteadily, Woojin walked over to the company. He usually arrived there before the others, although sometimes Donghyun was there before him, and today he decided to take his time to walk over. However, he wished that he would’ve walked over a little faster. Because there he was. The man who kinda ruined his life. But saved it at the same time. The man who brought joy to his life. But also sadness at times. And that man was Jihoon. Although Woojin tried to keep his head down, it was hard to miss him.

 

“Woojin? Is that you? Are you okay?” Jihoon asked him after stopping him on the sidewalk. Confusion built up in Woojin’s mind before asking, “What do you mean ‘are you okay?’” Jihoon looked at him blankly for a few seconds before realizing; Woojin really didn’t remember what happened last night. 

 

“Jihoon?” Woojin said, snapping Jihoon out of his thoughts. “Oh, sorry. I just asked because you looked a little tired,” replied Jihoon quickly. He realized that it would be the best for both of them if Woojin did not remember, he could only imagine the awkwardness between them.

 

“I’m just a little tired right now, but I’ll be fine.”

 

“Oh, that’s good. But you should probably head over to your company now. Nice seeing you again,” Jihoon said before sticking his hands in his pockets and starting to walk away. “Wait!” Woojin said suddenly, stopping a confused Jihoon in his tracks, “Do you want to get dinner tonight? Practice ends at 5:30 for me, if it works for you.”

 

—————————————————————

 

Woojin, skipping like a little kid, entered the BNM building, much to the surprise of the staff members. For the last few days, Woojin was upset, anybody could tell, and today, here he was, skipping into the building with a huge smile plastered on his face. And he skipped all through the building and into the practice room, much to the surprise of Donghyun. Because of the whole Hyein thing and because it was 5:45 in the morning, it was quite a shock for Donghyun to see his friend in such a good mood at such an hour. 

 

“What’s up with you?” Donghyun asked, scoffing over how childish Woojin looked as he was trying to find music in his laptop.

 

“I asked Jihoon to dinner tonight and he said yes!”

 

Donghyun almost choked as he stopped in his tracks to face a giggly Woojin, with his mouth wide open in shock before saying, “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

 

“Why not! I never said it was a date, we can just be going as friends,” Woojin said as he began pouting, upset that Donghyun wasn’t a bit more enthusiastic and supportive for him. In all honesty, Woojin was scared as . He didn’t really know what he got himself into and he really didn’t want to deal with any more heartbreak. But something about Jihoon just dragged him in. So here he was, excited, but very scared, about what was to come. He was just hoping that Donghyun would help take some of the stress about it off his shoulders, but Donghyun really wasn’t helping at this point in time. 

 

All the older male did was roll his eyes and resume scrolling though samples on his computer, which received an even more dramatic eye roll from Woojin. Although he was wondering why Donghyun was acting like this, he brushed it off because he knew that Youngmin would give him the reaction he wanted. And just out of pure luck, Youngmin and Daehwi came through the door, loudly and happily. But it didn’t take long for the pair to realize that Woojin was acting different, as he stood there to himself smiling and giggling about who knows what (Jihoon!).

 

“What did you eat this morning to be so gross?” Daehwi asked, smirking. 

 

“It’s not what I ate this morning, but what I’m eating for dinner because I’m going with Jihoon!” Woojin said ecstatically. Daehwi immediately smiled back at the equally happy Woojin and started jumping up and down as he yelled, “Really? You asked him? And he said yes?” So there they were, two teenagers jumping in a circle, obsessing over a boy. And over there, were two adults, a little shocked because of the news, because clearly Woojin did not remember what happened last night. 

 

“Hey! What’s wrong with you two?” Woojin asked them, with slight anger in his voice. Although Woojin was on that border line between teenager and adult, he still acted like a five year old at times. Although their group wasn’t big on honorifics, Donghyun couldn’t think of anything else to say to him before sighing and saying, “Woojin, we’re still older than you.” Truthfully, Youngmin and Donghyun we’re in a small crisis over whether or not to tell Woojin what happened, and they were in such a shock that even if they wanted to tell him, their hearts just couldn’t deal with that.

 

“Whatever Donghyun. But aren’t you guys excited for me?” Woojin said, acting like a little kid again, even surprising Daehwi this time. “You really don’t remember?” Youngmin said slowly, trying to make out Woojin’s thoughts. But alas, his only thoughts were on that dinner as he simply replied, “Remember what?”

 

“Wow. Never mind. Have fun on your little date, don’t do anything to break your heart.”

 

“Seriously guys! Just tell me what’s bothering you. We always share everything with each other. If you have a problem or concern, share it with us, we’re supposed to be family.” The three other trainees looked at Woojin in shock because of his choice of words. Yes, Woojin was guilt tripping them into telling him. And yes, it always worked. Always. Especially on Youngmin.

 

“Woojin, you’re really ing dumb sometimes. You know, we weren’t the ones to bring you home yesterday. It was Jihoon who you called and it was him who drove to pick you up and bring you home. And god, who knows what you did to him during that period of time.” Woojin stared at him blankly for a few seconds before immediately crouching down and burying his head into his knees out of embarrassment. He groaned loudly before repeatedly muttering to himself that he was a ‘failure and sad excuse for a person.’ 

 

However, he only raised his head quickly when his phone vibrated. He was curious, and wanted to see what it was. Jihoon.

 

[text message]

 

Does korean bbq sound good tonight, we can meet at 6, if you can.

 

[end of message]

 

Jihoon threw his phone across the room in embarrassment before realizing what he had actually done. And there they were, one guy running across the room in a hurry to respond to a text message in hopes that he didn’t break his phone. One guy in total shock over the entire scene. And two guys in disbelief over everything. This was definitely going to be an interesting few days.