drunk calls

because

1:53 am

 

Jihoon and Hyein ended up on separate sides of the bed, but Jihoon couldn’t sleep, his mind was racing. It was racing over the fact that Woojin liked him. He didn’t particularly know why he shut him down that night, and he didn’t particularly know why he wouldn’t man up to his feelings. He was stuck. 

 

Suddenly, his phone light up and started buzzing, which had surprised Jihoon, causing him to jump. He squinted his eyes as he tried to make out the name of the person who was calling him at this hour. 

 

Woojin. 

 

Jihoon looked at his phone screen with shock for a few seconds before taking the initiative to accept the call. 

 

“Hello? Woojin?”

 

“Jihoon, I love you.”

 

“Huh? Woojin you sound drunk right now.”

 

“I’m not drunk, I’m telling you. I only had a few drinks.”

 

“Woojin, where are you?”

 

“I don’t know, it’s the same club we used to go to though. I thought of you.”

 

“I’ll come get you.”

 

[end of call]

 

Jihoon’s mind was racing even more than earlier as he quickly put on a jacket and shoes. He got in the car and immediately started to drive. He knew exactly where that club was. 

 

It was the club they would go together to every month when they were in Wanna One. He hadn’t visited ever since they broke up, but his hands automatically drove him there. 

 

He was worried sick, he really was. And Woojin was sick in general. 

 

Jihoon pulled up to the curb and found a tall, dark-haired man sitting there by himself. After making sure that the drunk was in fact Woojin, Jihoon pulled over and turned off the engine. 

 

“Woojin?” Jihoon asked, eyes full of concern, “What are you doing?” Woojin looked up at him, smiled and said, “Jihoonie! Take me away please.” 

 

Jihoon sighed to himself before hoisting Woojin onto his shoulders and then into the backseat of his car. Woojin’s position looked pretty uncomfortable but Jihoon mentally noted that Woojin would probably forget everything anyway. 

 

Jihoon then entered the car himself and re-adjusted his mirror so that he could easily see Woojin from his seat. 

 

“Woojin, drink this water now so your head doesn’t hurt later,” Jihoon said as he casually grabbed a water bottle from the passenger’s seat and passed it to the drunk Woojin. 

 

“I don’t want it,” Woojin pouted as he began whining. Due to his never-ending complaints and arrogance, Jihoon had pulled the car over to the side of the road. He sighed before turning around to face the tall brunette who looked rather small in the scrunched up position he chose to lay in. 

 

“Woojin, drink it. Or else I’m going to feed it to you.”

 

“Ooh, look at you being all y and dominant and stuff. You should come back here,” Woojin said hazily as he winked at Jihoon, only to end up falling in between the front seat and the back seats with a large thud.

 

Jihoon sighed as he did go to the backseat in attempts to pull Woojin back up onto the seat. After much struggling, Woojin had finally returned to his position on the seats before pulling Jihoon in. 

 

“Woojin, stop. I need to bring you home.”

 

“Fine,” Woojin said sadly, which surprised Jihoon, causing him to smile with ease before Woojin had finished, “but you need to stay with me for a few minutes first.”

 

Jihoon looked at Woojin pleadingly, but worthlessly, as Woojin laid his head to rest on Jihoon’s shoulder. Woojin had taken the initiative to grab Jihoon’s hand as well. He intertwined their fingers, one shaking from physically not being okay, and one shaking from mentally not being okay.

 

And they just stayed there together. And soon enough a few minutes passed. And a few minutes more. And before either of them realized, Woojin had fallen asleep on Jihoon’s shoulder. 

 

Jihoon regretfully left Woojin to lie down again in his car as he finally drove all the way to Woojin’s dorm. While struggling, once more, Jihoon hoisted Woojin onto his back and carried him to the front steps of the dorm Woojin shared with the other BNM trainees. 

 

He rang the doorbell, regretful that he had to wake up the boys at such an hour. After a few seconds, Youngmin, who rubbed his eyes drearily, opened the door to reveal the shock. 

 

“Oh my gosh! Is that Woojin! I’m so sorry!” Youngmin said with much shock, now quite awake. He quickly helped Jihoon lay Woojin down on his bed, which regretfully woke Donghyun up in the messy process (let’s just say that the bump on Woojin’s head that was to form in the morning was from him falling at the club).

 

The two older males hurriedly invited Jihoon to stay for a little to drink some tea, after all,  they were friends and had much catching up to do. 

 

Donghyun made the tea, as Jihoon and Youngmin awkwardly sat together at the table. 

Youngmin cleared his throat before saying, “Did Woojin call you to pick him up?” 

 

“Yes, he sounded pretty drunk, so I went to find him.”

 

“Ah, a drunk call, did he say anything?”

 

“Nothing much, just weird drunk things.”

 

The two awkwardly laughed before Donghyun set the cups of tea onto the table for them. After simple ‘thank you’s and ‘no problem’s were exchanged, the three had immersed themselves in a conversation about life (besides the love part). 

 

Around thirty minutes had passed, and Woojin was feeling the tiredness he had acquired through the night. Short and sweet goodbyes were exchanged and in a hurry, Jihoon left and drove back to his house. 

 

After a short drive, Jihoon arrived to his house and tried to enter as quietly as possible. However, it seemed his efforts were a waste as he saw Hyein sitting on his bed, wide awake, texting someone on her phone. As Jihoon entered the room, she looked up with much concern and asked him where he went. 

 

At this point, Hyein knew everything, so he told her. Every detail. 

 

After his long rambling, he realized that Hyein looked quite tired and told her to sleep. She easily complied and laid back down on the bed before texting that same person from earlier. 

 

“Who are you texting?” Jihoon asked her. He didn’t want to be one of those people, but slight feelings of curiosity and jealousy arose regardless.

 

“No one,” she replied quickly before shutting off her phone and closing her eyes in attempts of falling asleep again. Jihoon sighed to himself before climbing in the bed beside Hyein and closing his eyes as well.