“because he makes me happy.”

because

a/n: oof I wrote this terribly lol I think when my health is better my mentality will be better :,) but for now, please bear with me 

or just skip this chapter lol I literally forgot how to write (smh just when I thought I was improving)

 

—————————————————————

 

“Hey, can I stay the night again? It’s more fun than being at home,” Hyein said before over-exaggerating and pouting.

 

“Sure,” said Jihoon without looking her, eyes glued on his phone, “and you can spend the night whenever, I understand.”

 

“Hey! Is your phone more important than your friend?” Hyein said, once again pouting, but even more exaggerated. 

 

“Relax, oh my god. Look I’m done,” Jihoon said proudly before tucking away his phone into his back pocket.

 

Jihoon and Hyein were walking home, since they had just decided to walk from Jihoon’s house to the convenience store to get ice cream. 

 

—————————————————————

 

11:23 pm

 

“Ok, I can sleep on the floor again and you can take my bed,” Jihoon said casually, careful of not getting red (he got red and shy easily!!!).

 

Hyein scoffed and began laughing, and in between laughter, “It’s fine, Jihoon, I already know you slept next to me yesterday. We’re just friends, sharing a bed.” Hyein smiled.

 

Jihoon, who was quite red, ran out of the room.

 

“Hey! Come back!” Hyein yelled gleefully while trying to stifle her never-ending laughter.

 

Only then, a small voice peeped from the hallway.

 

“Never.”

 

Hyein tried not to burst out into laughter again and tried to compose herself. She was kind of regretting telling him she knew, but his reaction was something she wouldn’t ever want to miss.

 

“It’s ok, Jihoon, be a man.”

 

“I’m not a man.”

 

“Ah ok, so I’m the man in this relationship.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Jihoon this is very embarrassing on your part,” Hyein said before giggling softly to herself, trying to make sure Jihoon wouldn’t hear.

 

“Stop laughing at me,” Jihoon whined cutely.

 

Hyein sat on his bed before deciding to walk to Jihoon. 

 

She really did try not to laugh at him.

 

“Jihoon! You’re so red!” Hyein squealed, which rightfully ended in a small hit on her shoulder. 

 

“Let’s forget about this and sleep.” Jihoon said as he climbed into the bed and turned off the lights without looking her in the eyes. Hyein smirked and climbed in bed with him and hugged him around the waist. 

 

Jihoon yelped a little. Jumped a little too. Make some other weird noise as well. But all it did was round up another set of laughter from Hyein. 

 

“Personal space,” Jihoon told her ‘sternly.’ He wanted to look mad, he really did, but he looked like a baby. 

 

“Aw, you’re cute.”

 

“I’m not cute.”

 

“Fine, you’re not but let me hug you.”

 

“No... fine.”

 

Hyein smiled at him happily and once again, let herself fall into his embrace.

 

—————————————————————

 

12:54 am

 

“Hyein, wake up, fatass,” Jihoon said loudly.

 

Hyein rubbed her eyes and looked at him in confusion, “it’s almost one in the morning, why? and you’re the fatass.”

 

“Shut up, I can’t sleep.”

 

“Well I can, goodnight,” Hyein said before snuggling her head back into Jihoon’s chest. 

 

“Hyein! Talk to me for a little.”

 

“Fine. But I swear to god if nothing interesting happens, I’m suing.”

 

“Deal. But I need to ask you something.”

 

“What do you want?” Hyein said, quite rudely actually.

 

“Ok, my bad your highness, I just needed to ask about Woojin but never mind now.”

 

“No- wait!” Hyein said loudly as she sat up from her position.

 

Jihoon laughed to himself as he sat up as well and turned to face her.

 

“Should I really tell you, Hyein?”

 

“You bastard! Tell me!”

 

“Geez. Fine. Fine. Maybe,” Jihoon said while laughing. Well, he needed to get back at Hyein for what she did. 

 

“Park. ing. Jihoon. Tell me before I rip the only thing that separates you from being a girl off your body.”

 

“Hey! What about my looks, that’s not the only thing,” Jihoon said arrogantly.

 

“Just tell me, please.”

 

“Geez, fine. But you ruined the mood. I don’t know if I can say it now.”

 

“Jihoon!”

 

“Fine! It’s just that I like Woojin but I don’t know if I like him!” Jihoon said very quickly, but quite loud. 

 

“How do you not know if you like him?”

 

Jihoon sighed and looked at his lap before gulping and sighing quietly, “I’ve seen too much of him.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’ve seen him cry his smile away. I’ve seen hope in his eyes shatter so fast. And it hurts me like hell. I don’t know why it affects me so much, but it really does, and it really hurts. I hate to see him in pain, especially if I’m the reason why. I just want him to be happy because it makes me feel calm. You know? Because it makes me feel like I’m doing something right when he smiles. Because he makes me happy.”