relationships

because

woojin POV

woojin: no, I can’t love him or even like him. No. No. Seriously woojin. We just agreed to be friends and you cannot screw things up. You’re lucky enough he’s even taking you back as one of his best friends. Don’t jeopardize things for something you know that’s out of reach. Don’t do anything. Please.

jihoon POV

jihoon: I think I do. I truly do. I do have feelings for him  and why can’t I convey them? Why do I have to push him away? But we agreed to keep things mutual just now. We promised that we would be friends and only friends. Why are you acting up like this. 

back to narrator POV

woojin: [shaking gently] jihoon. We should probably leave now, it’s pretty late and it’s getting cold.

jihoon: [opens eyes] um yea, I guess so. The other members are probably worried...

woojin: yea. jisung, minhyun, and sungwoon already called our phones already like 15 times each.

jihoon: we’re going to get in so much trouble. What time is it? [checks phone

woojin: [looking at phone] Oh. My. God. It’s 1:30 am already, we’re going to die once we get back. Wait, jihoon? 

jihoon: [who happens to be already running for the exit] HURRY UP IF WE’RE OUT ANY LATER WE’RE GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE COMPANY!

woojin: [running towards jihoon while laughing]

thank god we’re at least friends now. I really can’t live my life without him.

~At the Dorm~

jisung: [yelling] where were you guys?

woojin: I’m sorry it’s just we were talking and we lost track of time and got distracted. It’s my fault okay, don’t get mad at jihoon. 

jihoon: No. it’s also my fault. I’m sorry jisung~ie [does aegyo]

jaehwan: disgusting. 

jihoon: hey, we didn’t ask for you to say anything.

jaehwan: [while trying to be stern but failing and laughing] is that how you talk to your hyung? 

jisung: okay. Okay. Everyone to bed. Now. Jihoon and woojin, you better have a damn good excuse that you can explain to me in the morning.

So, woojin and jihoon never got to explain to jisung what happened. And they liked it that way. And they liked their friendship. They liked their relationship as friends and didn’t want to do anything to change it. And throughout promoting as Wanna One, they grew closer to each other and their feelings grew for each other even more, even though they didn’t realize it.