broken

because

The day came. And Woojin fell into Hyein’s pleading. He was going to that concert with Jihoon and it was driving both of them insane. But there they were, in the midst of the people, standing next to each other, without a word. Anyone could feel the tension. And they didn’t know why it was so tense. It was never like this before, even when they were on that beach. Something was different and they didn’t know what. 

 

It was merely the fact that their hearts were heavy. 

 

They knew they loved each other, but they didn’t know if they were in love with each other. And throughout the blur of the people and the music, only the question of love was on their mind. 

 

And soon enough, the concert ended, and they were leaving. They were one of the last to leave, and they were taking their time. Their time to feel the breeze and think. About each other. Until Jihoon broke the silence.

 

“Why are we here?” Jihoon asked, “Why are you doing this?” 

 

“I miss you.”

 

“Woojin, please take my word on this. I don’t love you, so leave me alone, please.”

 

Woojin silently lowered his head and nodded. He wouldn’t dare cry. He couldn’t, at least not in front of Jihoon. So, when he got home, he cried his eyes out.

—————————————————————

 

The next day, Hyein went to BNM once again. She had a fun time at the movies with the other boys, but was incredibly anxious to see how Woojin’s night went. He hadn’t picked up his phone after so she was on tenterhooks throughout the night. 

 

“Hello, Hyein!” said the lady at the front, “Did you happen to know where Woojin was today? The CEO didn’t have any information.”

 

“He’s not here?” Hyein asked, full of curiosity, disbelief, and doubt. Woojin was never the type to ditch practice, especially since he was so committed. “I’ll go try to find him. He hasn’t picked up any calls. Did you ask the other trainees?”

 

“Yes, but they know as much as I do.”

 

“Oh ok, I’ll try to get ahold of him.”

 

Truthfully, Hyein didn’t have a single clue about where Woojin would be. She texted Jihoon but she didn’t get a reply. However, finding Woojin was a lot easier than she thought. 

 

Woojin was at the old bookstore across the dorms, tucked away in a small corner. Hyein let out a loud sigh after seeing his chestnut hair in her vision. 

 

“Woojin! Everyone’s looking for you! Why didn’t you go to practice? Did something happen?”

 

Hyein interrogated him with every question she had, and she had no plans of being quiet, no one was even in the small bookstore, not even the owner. 

 

“Yah! Park Woojin! Look up and answer me.”

 

“I can’t.” Woojin said ever so quietly, yet it projected sadness to a great extent. And Hyein finally noticed.

 

“Woojin-“

 

“I have too much pride to look up now. I lost too much of it yesterday. And it’s all your fault.”

 

“Woojin, what happened?”

 

“Jihoon doesn’t love me. He told me that. So, you lied to me. And played with my heart and my life like it was some game. Well it’s not a ing game anymore. Because I really am hurt right now. Because my heart aches at any thought. Because I feel so much pain thinking about my pathetic self right now. I really do hate you, Hyein. You made me look like a fool in front of Jihoon. And I hope you’re happy.”

 

Hyein stared with disbelief as he ran out of that bookstore. She didn’t believe her ears and she couldn’t understand. She remembered that Jihoon said he liked Woojin, she clearly remembered it.

 

So she ran. 

 

Not after Woojin, but after Jihoon. 

 

As expected he was at his company. And Hyein had no shame as to pulling him outside by his wrists, ignoring the complaints of everyone. 

 

“What the hell, Jihoon?”

 

“What?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell Woojin that you had feelings. Why did you lie?”

 

“Why are you even getting involved?”

 

“I-“

 

“Our lives aren’t something for you to plan out. Maybe I did lie to him, but it’s because I don’t want to be hurt by him.”

 

“But he’s the one who’s hurting right now Jihoon! You seem fine and he’s somewhere crying right now. And he hates me for what you said!”

 

“Good. You’re toxic to our lives. So stay away from now on, and let us live our own lives.”

 

“Jihoon, I was trying to help. You guys love each other.”

 

“Hyein, you don’t even know what love is.”

—————————————————————

 

From there, it was Hyein’s second time to run, and her first time to cry. Not because Jihoon and Woojin weren’t working out. But because they were right. She was the reason they fell apart. Jihoon was right. And Woojin was right. And for the second time, she had lost two very important people in her life.

 

They really did mean a lot to Hyein, they gave her happiness that she hadn’t experienced. Her constant phone calls with Jihoon and all her visits to Woojin and the boys, she knew those were over, and she knew she had lost them, at least for now.

 

The first time she really lost people in her life was when her mother died, and then her brother did too. She only had her father, and after both of them died, she lost him too. Not to death, but to alcohol. 

 

He really did hurt Hyein is ways that shouldn’t be said, but he really did hurt her. 

 

Jihoon told her that she didn’t know what love was. And after her father changed, she lost all sense of love in her life. Jihoon was right. And she was a ing idiot.

 

Jihoon resumed practice, careful of not letting go of his emotions, but only a tear could escape his eyes without his consent.

 

Woojin was crying once again, but now with the comfort of Donghyun, Youngmin, and Daehwi. He was heartbroken, over Jihoon and Hyein. 

 

But no matter who it was, everyone felt broken and everyone had regrets. They had all been bruised. And it definitely needed time to heal.