Goodbye, Jaehyo-shi

Just One Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YAH! Kyungmi-shi! Move faster! Clean now the vacant tables!" Mrs. Canteen Ajhumma shouted at me. Working at the canteen as a waitress was my punishment for sleeping at Mrs. Kim's history class yesterday. Mrs. Kim said I only have to work at the canteen during lunch time for a week. Note, FOR A WEEK. And it seemed like hell for me. "Get your off the chair, young lady!!" Mrs. Canteen Ahjumma shouted again and I began to move.

 

I snatched the nearby tray and a rag and darted to clean the empty but dirty tables. I heard the crown were laughing at me. I'm used to it so I ignored them. I moved faster to avoid further humiliation. I started cleaning the tables and when I was done, I whirled abruptly only to bump someone behind me.

 

"I'm so sorry." I said despite that it was me who got hurt from the collision. Whoever I bumped into, that person's elbow hit my chest and the tray I was holding fell making a loud noise. Good thing the plates were all non-breakable. I immediately kneeled down to put the plates back to the tray, ignoring the person I bumped into. After all, I already said sorry.

 

"Kyungmi-yah?"

 

I froze for a second. And when I looked up I saw Jaehyo. Darn! Of all the people, why him? I looked down and continued what I was doing, my hands were shaking. The next thing I knew, he kneeled down and helped me. "N..no, Jaehyo-shi. I can manage."

 

"No, let me help you. It's my fault after all." He said. I looked around us and saw the girls were all sneering and glaring at me. If their looks could create holes, my body must be full of it.

 

I took hold of the tray's edge, trying to grab it from him. "N..no, Jaehyo-shi. This is my punishment for sleeping at Mrs. Kim's class yesterday so you don't have to help me."

 

"Please let me help you." He said as he looked at me in the eye. I don't know why but when he said 'please' my mouth went shut, too numb to argue.

 

"Oh, Jaehyo. What are you doing down there?" His buddies were behind him. I was momentarily stunned when they all looked at me.

 

Jaehyo stood with the tray in his hands. "I was just helping Kyungmi. Guys, this is Park Kyung Mi." He introduced me to his buddies and I want to die. AS IN RIGHT NOW. Please floor, open up and swallow me!

 

I noticed Zico chuckled. "I guess she has a serious relationship with the floor." He said and the rest of the boys laughed. That's when I blinked and got up to my feet.

 

"I'm Kyung." One guy said. Oh, I knew them already. Who wouldn't? These guys were known all over the school. Jaehyo was popular because of his looks and brain as well as Kyung, U-kwon and Minhyuk. Taeil and Ji Hoon, or known as P.O, were both known as being the athletic in their gang while Zico was known being the naughty, player and rude of the group.

 

I was back into reality when the boys spoke and said each other's name. I just gave them a nod since it was so awkward talking to them. No one has ever spoke to these guys. "So how did you know each other?" Zico asked Jaehyo.

 

"It's a long story." Jaehyo smirked.

 

"Can I have now the tray, Jaehyo-shi? Mrs. Canteen Ahjumma is already glaring at me from the counter." I muttered.

 

Jaehyo handed me the tray

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter