Lonely.

My Cup of Tea

A few more weeks passed, and Kibum wasn't sleeping well. Even his students could tell he was depressed and were all pitching in and writing him cute little cards with "Get well soon Almighty Key-nim!!" or "We love you teacher Key! Plz, don't be sad! ]:" written on them or other cute little phrases. He would smile every now and then, but when he thought of Jinki, he'd mess up the curriculum or mess up his lesson in front of everyone and would have to be excused. Before he knew it, it was time for lunch and Key went to the teacher's lounge, just to relax. It felt like such a long day and he was just so done. He drank a cup of coffee without any cream or milk and just sighed. He didn't feel like eating. Kibum couldn't stop thinking about what Jinki said... he actually thought he finally loved someone... that was the problem. He still did, even after that fiasco that happened. It was just Jinki who didn't love him. No wonder he was going through a divorce.... Kibum was leaving the teacher's lounge only to be intercepted by one of his students who seemed to have a pout on her face. "Sua...why are you here? Um...did you have a question on any homework?" Key asked, smiling faintly at her. His students always seemed to make him happy when he was sad, plus he needed all the distraction he could get. "Well, yes... I'm still having trouble on adjectives." Sua told him and held up her journal of notes she had taken."Let's go to the classroom and I can help you out more and help you understand better.~" he replied and started walking to the classroom. Once they were there, he gave her a few worksheets on Adjectives in English and started to do them with her. As he was writing the answers on his, Sua peeped at him. He kept scratching out what he had written and even looked like he was having trouble himself. "Hey..what's the matter...you haven't been yourself lately." Sua asked seriously. Kibum was taken aback by the question. "Am I...Okay? Yeah, of course, ~ Why wouldn't I be?" he replied, smiling faintly again. "Because normally, you'd be telling us jokes in English and also you would never mess up your own assignment." She explained, just to show that she knew he was feeling bad and couldn't lie about it. Kibum actually was feeling like a wreck in reality. He hadn't eaten in a couple of days and he was drinking more wine than he should have been. Sighing, he gave in and just admitted it. "I haven't been okay, really... I mean... I'm just tired." Kibum lied. He didn't want to worry any of his students with any of his problems. "You love him." Sua stated, smirking a little at how badly Kibum blushed. "I.... Sua what kind of assumptions....Love who, I'm not in a relationship...." He replied, stuttering over his own words. Was she psychic all of a sudden? Well, she was one of his best students after all. But he didn't know she was that smart. "The guy in the suit. The LG Vice Chairman, I saw you two about a month ago when I was in the cafe nearby studying~ you love him~~~ why are you so sad if you love someone like that?" Sua said back, kind of not understanding why he just didn't go for it. It was more complicated than that. "That's the problem... I love him and that's the problem. I Just... It's complicated." Kibum tried to explain, sighing and just scribbling Jinki's name onto the worksheet. He sometimes wanted to apologize for not letting him explain, but he felt so betrayed by him... led on... and the fact that his ex-wife was still coming to the house... It all stressed him out and made him jealous at the same time and he hated it. He hated picturing him with her, buying her things, loving her. "Ugh... Teacher-nim I hate to see you so upset like this. You never ask for time off. Take a few days off, even if you have to; talk to him. Trust me, it'll make you feel at least a little better about whatever is going on and give closure to the situation. Besides, you don't know until you try, right?" She said with a smile, a smile that warmed Kibum's heart and gave him hope. Maybe 'Jinki didn't mean for me to get angry...but he still hid it..' he thought to himself. "Please try, I want my happy teacher back~." Sua joked, poking Kibum's chin and giggling. The gesture made him laugh a little. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't all so bad.  Later that night, Kibum was at home at his apartment, drinking wine straight from the bottle and looking at his phone on the coffee table. "7 Missed calls" "4 New Text Messages" His phone finally showed when it lit up again. All of them were from Jinki. He wanted to answer, but a part of him couldn't hear his voice again or he'd break completely.Sighing, he took another long drink from the bottle and glared at his phone. The loneliness was starting to creep in and he was almost drunk. The least he wanted to do was talk to the guy he loved while intoxicated. Comme Des trotted in and placed himself in Key's lap. Kibum just looked at him. "Should Kibummie answer Jinki? Can't I forgive him yaknow? He was so handsomeee and dreamyyy..." Kibum asked the dog, not realizing how slurred his voice was from drinking. Comme Des looked at him , really confused. "YA! that's all it was, Kibummie was just dreaminggg and soonnn i'll be schleeping again!" He yelled, causing the dog to jump a little in the sudden voice change. It usually wasn't like Kibum to drown out his thoughts in alcohol, but he really couldn't help it. At that moment he started sobbing, just hardcore sobbing. after he put his bottle down, Comme Des his face repeatedly, trying to comfort his owner. Garcons soon came in and did the same as well. "I Missss Hiiimmmmmm..." Kibum sobbed loudly, not stopping at all. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his dogs were trying to comfort the best they could and he held them. He didn't know what to do, he wanted to give him a chance, but he didn't want to get hurt again. But god, did he miss him. He missed him so much, his smile, his warmth, the cologne he used... He missed it all. But because he was so scared of getting hurt, he couldn't bear to make himself look so stupid again.

Jinki kept dodging looks at his phone every time it vibrated on his desk at home, hoping it was Kibum, but it was just e-mails from work. "Why won't he at least say one word to me... I at least messaged him saying I was sorry... Why is he being so complicated?" Jinki mumbled to himself. He even admitted to Kibum he was being a jerk and that he was sorry. Kibum just hadn't responded all night. Jinki tried to focus on some paperwork and stocks but it was really difficult when he was waiting so desperately for a text. He really wanted to just go to his place, then he'd have no choice but to answer then. But how would he find him.... He had to live near the school he taught at. Getting up from his computer after searching, he remembered Kibum saying what apartment number he was and that the apartment was small, and Jinki found that in that location, he only found one set of "small apartments". At least he hoped he found the right place. He went out just in his house clothes and tried to drive as calmly as possible. Jinki was determined to fix this, he had to... Plus he wanted to see Kibum again and he was feeling lonely without him. Once he arrived at the younger's apartment, he knocked on the door after hesitating for a good two minutes. Kibum was asleep on the couch with his dogs, a little passed out from so much wine. Jinki knocked again. "Kibum?" He said after he knocked and kibum sleepily sat up, waking up his dogs. "Wha...who's there..." Key said quietly, but no answer, just another knock. Kibum got up and groggily walked to the door and sluggishly opened it, leaning on it as he did so. When he saw Jinki standing there, he squinted his eyes, hoping his vision was just showing him mirages. Then again, he still was a little drunk. "This is a dream... just a dream. Or I'm just too drunk." Kibum said finally and started to close the door, but Jinki held it open, just looking at Kibum with a really concerned look. He was taking it hard, he noticed that kibum had lost a little weight and had dark circles around his eyes. he could also tell that he was doing more drinking than usual. Jinki walked into Kibums apartment and picked him up over his shoulder, taking Kibum to his bedroom so he could get a proper sleep tonight.  "Hey! Put me down!! What are you doing!!  Kibummie Didn't invite youuuu!" Kibum fought the best he could and looked at Jinki when he laid him on the bed. Jinki looked back at him and sighed. He was so drunk and it was all his fault. "You need help." Was all Jinki could say and he got in bed with him. Kibum moved away and turned to face away from him. Even though he was drunk, he still didn't forget what Jinki said. "Kibum, i'm sorry." Jinki told him, really hoping he'd forgive him. "I'm sure you are.... But I still love you and I hate it." Kibum replied, still a little slurred. Jinki blushed a little and didn't know if he should take Kibum seriously or not; especially since he was drunk. "Do you mean that?" he asked him. "Mhm...." Kibum replied, sounding like he was falling asleep. Jinki smiled to himself and got comfortable in Kibum's bed. "Good night, darling..."  Jinki whispered, then he felt something jump in the bed with him. Two somethings! Then he looked and saw Kibums two little dogs, a black one, and a brown one. "Hi there~" Jinki whispered to Comme Des. The dog was confused, probably wondering why there was a strange man in the bed with his owner, but the black one immediately made a bed out of Jinki's feet and relaxed there. "We have to be quiet, Kibum is asleep...." He whispered again and Comme Des cuddled up in Jinki's arms the best he could, his face. Jinki quietly laughed, knowing he was officially accepted by Key's dogs made him happy in the strangest way. Comme Des really seemed to like him. Jinki held the dog and closed his eyes. Hopefully the next morning, Kibum and Jinki could talk this out, but for now, they would sleep.