Strawberry Kisses

My Cup of Tea

Kibum woke up around 1 P.M., sitting up and stretching, feeling well-rested. Rubbing his eyes, he got up and looked out of the window, and thought about last night's conversation. Did it really happen? Ah, he really felt like they were a couple or something, and the thought actually brought a wide smile to his face. "We could be flirting with each other~" Kibum smiled more if possible. "He called me Key." His out loud thoughts continued. He really felt like the main character of a romance film who feels like the guy she likes shares the same feelings for her. Spinning around his room, he plopped onto the bed and then put his hands on his chest, happily sighing; he looked at the time again on his phone. 1:05 P.M. Jinki was for sure to be awake right now, right? "He's so perfect... so well-composed and just... so organized, his life must be perfect. " Kibum said to the ceiling, just drowning himself in the thoughts of him.

 

"I CAN'T WAIT TO BE RID OF YOU, YOU SELFISH MAN!! I SHOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN ACCEPTED YOUR MARRIAGE PROPOSAL!!" Jinki's ex-wife yelled, causing him to erupt in anger. "I WAS GOOD TO YOU, MINA! I WAS! YOU'RE THE SELFISH ONE AND I SHOULD'VE NEVER PROPOSED TO YOU!! " Jinki fired back, having enough of her bitter tantrums and bringing up how she wishes she could rush the divorce process. There was nothing he wanted more. "You know what you should just do? Take all of your things and go to your mom's. You're done with packing, yeah? Then get out of my house and find your own place to stay. I'll even give you the money you need. Oh wait, I forgot, even your parents don't want you around." Jinki told her before she could talk again. In a quick motion, she slapped him. Jinki was surprised, and a little bit angry, but he was not the type to hit women, no matter what. She slapped him again and glared at him, storming off, turning around to say her feelings about what he said. "You're such an . You'll never find love, you selfish bastard..." she continued walking away, grabbing her purse and leaving the house. That did sort of hurt Jinki. Was he really selfish? Would anyone ever love him? Sitting on his couch, he put his head in his hands and then sighed loudly, only to receive a chime from his phone in response. Picking it up, he read the text.

Kim Kibum: Good afternoon, I hope you slept well last night and have a good day! (⺣◡⺣)♡* received 1:30 p.m. 

Jinki smiled at his use of the cute emoji, sort of feeling less upset about what's going on currently.

Me: Good afternoon to you too(: We should go somewhere, meet me in Garosu-gil at Deux Amis Cafe. I'm on my way now. sent 1:34 p.m.

Kim Kibum is typing... 

Jinki was nervous at the fact he was typing already. Was he going to reject him? Say he had other plans? Kibum really did strike him as a social butterfly so it wouldn't have surprised him if he did have plans already... Kibum was still typing, what was taking so long? Jinki hated the suspense...

Kim Kibum: I can't say no to you. (; Garosu-gil?? that area is so expensive.... I only have enough for Kimbap and ttubokki if I'm lucky..): 

Me: Get dressed Kibum.

Jinki smiled at his phone, putting it down and went to go get ready, Kibum seemed to be his only source of happiness right now, even though he didn't know it. 

Kibum was in a panic after his shower. "WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?? COMME DES?? WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?? GARCONS HELP ME!" He yelled frantically, pulling out all of his clothes and hoping to find something good to wear. His confused dogs whined as the clothes that Kibum threw fell onto them. How can Jinki just spontaneously announce a meeting like that?? Does he do this at work too?? After about what seemed like an hour of Kibum going closet diving, he finally found something he felt suitable to wear. He would wear the BeyondCloset jeans he bought, with the matching red and white flannel, his Gucci sandals and the matching Gucci clutch bag with the same pattern. As he looked at himself in the mirror, he figured something was missing. Sunglasses. Like clockwork, he slid on his Gucci sunglasses, grabbed his keys and left to go meet with Jinki, which he was sure was a date. 

 

Kibum was the first one to arrive at the cafe. Garosu-gil, the fashion street. Kibum loved this area, but he could never afford it.. so many different clothing stores, with so many different styles. If he wasn't so in love with Jinki, he was sure that this place would be his first love. Everyone here looked like a model. Even the guy that was walking toward him in the black  Louis Vuitton suit.. wait that was Jinki! Kibum wanted to cover his mouth in shock. That suit wasn't supposed to be on the market until the end of the summer... it was only the middle of the summer and this guy already had the latest Louis Vuitton attire... for Kibum, that would have cost him an arm and a leg to buy. Once Jinki walked up to him, he could smell the cologne he was wearing. 'Calvin Klein...' Kibum was melting, he knew all these brands like the back of his hand because of the passion he has for fashion, and here his favorite man was, wearing them. "Hello Kibum, I see you made it safely, sorry I was a little late, there was traffic." Jinki explained, hoping he didn't disappoint him already. "Oh, no it's okay, I wasn't waiting long.~" Kibum said with a flirty smile, looking at him. Jinki turned a little red and linked arms with Kibum. "Alright, inside we go. unless you want to have your coffee outdoors? They have patio seating. " Jinki told him, pointing at the patio chairs. Kibum looked at their arms and took off his sunglasses, still wondering how he was going to pay for his part of the date.. maybe if he ordered a cheap coffee and pastry, he could save a little money... "Indoors is okay, it's a little hot out... " he said, giving the older a soft smile. Jinki nodded in approval and walked to the entrance, holding the door open for Kibum. As he walked in, Kibum was amazed at how small it was compared to outside where he thought it looked bigger. They took a table closer to the window and Jinki felt that feeling of accomplishment since they took the last table. Jinki looked at the menu, trying to figure out what dessert he was going to get, especially since he thought all of them looked good. Kibum looked at the menu and felt so much dread... everything was so pricey... Kibum was surprised water was free. 'God I wish I didn't spend so much of my money on name brands so that when attractive guys take me out, I can afford it..' He thought, sighing and just eyeing the menu. Jinki looked up at him from the menu. "Yeah, hard decision, I know." He said, then smiled at the waitress when she came over. "I'm doing well, thank you~ I'll have the Lemon cheesecake... and a large dark roast coffee please, just a little room for cream~" Jinki ordered and looked at Kibum. "Okay, and for you, sir? " The waitress said with a beaming smile, ready to write his order. Kibum blushed from embarrassment. "I'll just have a glass of water please~" he ordered, smiling back. Jinki raised his eyebrow at him and looked at the waitress. "He'll have the Strawberry Tiramisu and a medium vanilla latte please~" Kibum wanted to kick him so hard right now!!! When the waitress bowed and walked away, Kibum gave Jinki a worried look. "Ya.. how am I supposed to pay for that??" He said, really getting worried since he didn't have enough. "Shush Kibum-ah...I would never make my date pay for themselves. I initiated the meeting, I'm paying." Jinki explained to him. "I'm your date? You must really like me then~ But.. won't you get annoyed paying for me all the time?" Kibum responded, looking down at the table. "No, I won't." Jinki replied, lifting Kibum's chin up. There it was again, that feeling ... that slow time feeling like before when they kissed. But they didn't this time. Kibum let out a breath of relief, then started to think and get jealous. "You must take a lot of people here.." The older frowned at him and thought about what to respond. 'No. My ex-wife doesn't count... we're divorced waiting for the judge, it's not something he needs to know. It isn't important.' Jinki thought he'd tell him when the time is right. "I don't take anyone here, I've been here before myself." Jinki said. It was a lie, but also the truth. He'd been here alone before, yes but he went here with his ex-wife a couple of times. Kibum smiled brightly and internally, Jinki felt guilty all of a sudden... He lied to him already... 'Damn it Jinki!' He thought but managed to smile at him. Once their desserts and coffees came, Kibum started to glow excitedly and then he took a picture of his treat. "AWWW! It looks so good Jinki I almost don't want to eat it~~" Kibum said happily, feeling like everything was right in his life. Jinki smiled and took a bite of his cheesecake. "It's good, you should try it~"  he told him, trying to get him to actually savor the dessert. Taking his fork, Kibum took a bite of the Tiramisu, feeling his tastebuds already become overwhelmed. "Wow... it really is good..." he agreed. Jinki smiled successfully, glad he was happy with it. "Good, because I wasn't sure if you liked strawberry or not~" Jinki said and put a few sugars in his coffee, then took a sip. Kibum nodded and sipped on his latte. "I like strawberry flavors a lot actually~" he assured him, taking another bite of his dessert. "Oh really? Tell me more about you. ~" Jinki spoke before taking another sip. Kibum blushed again, then looked at the table. Wow, It really was a date. "Well I'm 23 and I was born in Daegu. At first, I wanted to be a fashion designer when I got out of high school and--" Jinki cut him off. "Why didn't you? I'm sure you would've made beautiful designs." Kibum blushed and then just looked at him. "I... well I just felt like it wouldn't be enough... I guess you could say I got discouraged.." he explained, taking a drink of his latte again and eating a bigger piece of his dessert. Jinki sighed and finished off his cheesecake. "Ah, Kibum. what's life without a little risk? you're so full of talent and anyone would be a fool to say otherwise. I may not know you very well to say so, but I am a good judge of character and I see a lot of good in you."  Jinki told him, taking a drink of his coffee and smiling at him. Kibum almost wanted to cry, but instead, he looked at Jinki with so much adoration, so much emotion. "You... you really mean it?" he asked. Jinki gave a sincere nod only to receive a bright smile from Kibum. 'I'll take your word over anyone's...' Kibum thought without even any regret, he just felt the time was right to say so. Kibum knew then that he loved him. He felt like it might've been so wrong, so wrong. But he loved Jinki most definitely.

 

After they finished their coffee and desserts, Jinki showed Kibum the tree lights once it became evening and the sun started to set. Jinki never got tired of seeing how happy Kibum looked when he saw things that made him happy. That bright smile he did when he looked around, the happy gasps he did; Jinki wanted him to always be happy like this when they were together, which is why he wouldn't mention the fact that he's going through a divorce. He didn't want to spoil Kibum's happiness. 'When the time is right.' Jinki told himself. His thoughts were interrupted by Kibum pulling his arm to one of the trees that were covered in lights. "LOOK AT THESE!!" Kibum said in awe, taking out his phone and taking a picture of the sight. Jinki smiled to himself and backhugged Kibum, putting his chin on the younger's shoulder. Kibum immediately stopped taking pictures and froze where he was. Was this really happening? "What...what are you--" Kibum started, but was interrupted by Jinki whispering in his ear. "I've tried to deny it for a while, but I love you, Kibum." Kibum's heart felt like it was going to explode from his chest. Did he really just?? He said it first?? Kibum was shocked, not knowing what to say. Once Jinki started to let go of Kibum, the younger turned to face him and without any words being exchanged, they kissed again, but much more passionately this time. Jinki didn't want it to end. As Jinki deepened the kiss, he put both his hands on Kibum's cheeks and kibum put his hands on the older's. To Jinki, after what he gathered from kissing him the first time, their lips went perfectly together. It was a kiss that was so passionate yet sensual at the same time. Jinki started to play with Kibum's tongue and then he felt him let out a small moan. Kibum was definitely enjoying this, he thought about this scenario happening every since he kissed him the first time. His lips were so soft... so perfect with his, and his tongue just explored all the right places as they kissed. He was so much more eager. He wanted more. Kibum started to grip lightly on the older man's suit jacket, overindulging in this moment. But Jinki broke the kiss, looking at kibum as he tried to catch his breath. Kibum's heart was racing so fast, he felt like he'd never get it to stop. "You're...such a good kisser..." Kibum told him and started to get closer to him again, still craving those lips. Jinki blushed really red, he wanted more of Kibum too, but he just ...he couldn't. His lips still tasted like strawberries... God and he just wanted to keep kissing him, explore every part of Kibum and just have him all to himself. He looked at Kibum's desperate eyes. "I...I can't..I'm not ready.." Jinki whispered, still a little breathless. Kibum was a little put off by what he said, but he understood. Hugging the older tight, he nodded against his chest. "We'll go at your pace, I would never rush you into anything, Jinki." he told him, hugging as tight as he could. Jinki hugged back, feeling so comfortable like this. Someone who wouldn't rush him... he wanted that. "God Kibum. You're so perfect..." Jinki mumbled so Kibum couldn't hear. Would kibum still love him if he knew about the divorce? He only wished he could have told him sooner...but for now, he would wait.