Don't.

My Cup of Tea

A few weeks had passed and it was a normal day for Kibum as he made his way to the cafe to grade some essays. Walking into the cafe, he couldn't believe who he saw. Him again. Lee Jinki, sitting across from the table he normally sat at when grading and tutoring. Internally he was freaking out, trying to get his thoughts together. "Okay, stay calm Kibum, act cool.." he said to himself as he walked to his table and sat his things down, trying his best to not glance into the handsome businessman's direction, but when he did sneak a peak while setting up his papers to grade, caught him completely engrossed in paperwork and could tell that he had more than one refill of coffee already. But why did he have to do his paperwork HERE? In Kibum's domain? He was the Vice Chairperson of LG electronics, he could have totally went to a different cafe... The table he was at had no people sitting there but did Kibum want to put himself out there just yet? I mean he did like talking to him.. but he didn't want to look desperate (Even though he was).

 

Work, stocks, numbers, work, consumers, sign this, sign that, this quota, that quota, divorce plans.

That was all Jinki's life had become, especially when his ex-wife just had to throw in a divorce on top of that. "You're too busy." She told him. "We haven't been intimate since we got married. I want a better life than this." She would complain. Jinki was good to her, he bought her the latest clothing, even the latest LG appliances for their Penthouse, and a brand new Audi on top of that, but she told him again, "Money can't buy happiness, Jinki and i'm just not happy.. I want a divorce." The thought made Jinki chug the last of his 5th refill on coffee as he signed some more paperwork and then get started on looking at the numbers for the month to see how things were selling. He chose this cafe because... well no one swooned over him here and he didn't feel the pressure of a chairman as much here as he did at cafes that were closer. He totally wasn't aware that the teacher came here frequently, but when he heard the familiar iced coffee order get called out, he knew it was him again. Looking up, he caught the teacher in his own little world, smiling at the barista, those cute...No. Jinki couldn't afford to think like that, but the glasses were nice, only on his face.. WHAT WAS HE THINKING RIGHT NOW?? Paperwork, paperwork. Jinki tried to engross himself with paperwork again and fill his head with business-like thoughts until that familiar face showed up at his table. "You know, Mr. Chairman, if I were crazy, I would almost say you're following me ~" That teacher again, talking in his singsong voice. He could only imagine what he was like in the classroom speaking English. "Actually, I was doing work, lots of it." Jinki said, trying not to let his guard down. Why did he have to show up again? 'Ah, the school is a small way from here.. damn Jinki, you buffoon..now what do we do?" The teacher looked at him and tilted his head. 'Why are all of his gestures so cute? ... No Jinki, you came here to work. WORK. Business over pleasure.' He always tended to double think himself, think one thought and contradict it with another, but this teacher was making it harder than usual and so Jinki wanted to know who he was dealing with and looked at the teacher's nametag. 'Kim Kibum.' He thought to himself. It sounded like the name of some K-Pop artist or something..."Well, you're doing your work in my parts, but I thought i'd drop by and say a small hello~" Kibum said to him with a smile that made him smile back. "Do you naturally just claim dominance over everything like an animal?" Jinki asked him, hoping he'd just feel somewhat offended and leave so this wouldn't go any further. But the teacher laughed and man, did that make him so...happy? When he laughed you could see the natural happiness, as if he was just born with happiness. "Maybe I do, but the next time I see you, i'll think you're following me~ bye-bye~," He said that "bye-bye" in his English voice and walked away, leaving Jinki hopelessly waving at someone who wasn't paying attention. What was it about him? He watched Kibum's table for a minute, seeing a few students come by and ask for advice as he was grading. This man smiled at everyone as if they were his friend, he treated his students like his own kids and he even received nicknames from them. "Almighty Key?" "Key?" Jinki laughed a little to himself, then thoughts kicked in. 'Don't. Just don't. He's a complication, will be a complication. You will disappoint him.' The thoughts haunted him ever since he was all about the divorce plans. 'Don't.' he thought one more time before getting back to work. Romantically interested? Not even. What are relationships but disappointments in the end? 

 

Before the two knew it, they both ended up staying until the cafe closed, engrossed in work. "All right guys, we're closing for tonight."The barista told Kibum and started to sweep the floors. Kibum gave a sincere smile and nod and proceeded to gather his things, seeing Jinki put up his papers and pens out of his peripheral. 'An animal? HE thinks I am dominant? Well, he hasn't taken a look at himself..' Kibum thought. He had his eyes set on Jinki, he wanted him, but the problem? It didn't look like Jinki was interested, he seemed so... spaced out.. he really needed to relax for a change, hang out and get laid or something. Should he invite him to? Or keep his distance..?  Of course, Kibum went with his first mind and caught up to the chairman as he was leaving. "Hey," Kibum said, tapping Jinki's arm when they were outside. When he turned around, Kibum blushed a little and pushed up his round spectacles. "Um... I was.." Then Jinki's phone rang. Pulling it from his pocket, he looked at it. "I have to take this.. i'll see you around, Kibum." He said strictly and answered his phone as he walked to his... Range Rover?? Kibum almost fainted, he knew he was a rich guy, but the fact that they had a discussion.. Louis Vuitton, check. Range Rover, Check. Then, it hit Kibum. "Did he .. say my name?"