Experiment or Kiss?

My Cup of Tea

 

After their small lunch date outing (and Kibum having to take multiple breaks because of the amount of bags he had and after Kibum's spontaneous shopping) the evening crept up on them and it started to get dark, making the city light up for the night. Their last stop was a cologne shop Jinki liked to go to, even Kibum got a little interested and they sampled some of the colognes together. Kibum was really enjoying this Saturday, it didn't feel lonely, he felt so noticed by someone finally, had someone to share his Harry Potter jokes with and just laugh together, he didn't want this night to end. They sat down near a water fountain and looked at all the people that were out tonight. "God it's always so busy here at nights, the city becomes even more lively." Kibum said in awe, then looked at Jinki, finally used to looking at him without feeling flustered and without his heart almost pounding out of his chest. Jinki smiled and gave him a nod. 'Is it just the night lights or is he really just this beautiful?' he started to think as the teacher looked away. "You're not wearing your glasses today~" Jinki pointed out, making kibum look at him. His cute fox-like eyes were more prominent now than before and looked better without the glasses, but Jinki definitely did think the glasses looked cute on him. "Well yeah, I told you I wear them for my students~I can see just fine~" Kibum explained and smiled brightly, covering it as he did. Jinki wondered why he was covering a smile like that, he had really cute dimples when he smiled, and it always made Jinki feel so.. warm inside? He wasn't sure how he felt about Kibum besides the fact that he was attracted to him, but was that enough? Jinki was overwhelmed by these feelings already, it's not like he wanted to run into Kibum everywhere. 'What am I even doing.. there's more important things..' Jinki started to think, suddenly remembering how he'd most likely only let Kibum down and hurt his feelings if this went further. "I think it's getting late." Jinki said finally, not looking at Kibum. Late? it was barely 8:30 pm. KIbum was a little hurt, especially since he didn't want the night to end. "Oh...yeah, I forgot you are a busy man.. " Kibum replied with a wry chuckle and standing up. Jinki watched him immediately and then stood up too. "It's dark out, I'll walk you to your car, I .. know that there can be dangerous people around. " He said as they started walking in the direction of Kibum's car. 'Why won't he just stop playing with my head...' Kibum thought to himself as they walked. It was so exhausting, trying to figure out what was going on inside Jinki's head. Once they made it to the younger's car, Kibum turned to face the older, looking up at him. "Thank you for today.  Lunch with you was fun~" he said and opened his car door to put his bags inside. Jinki didn't know what to say really, he had fun too but he didn't want to get Kibum's hopes up.  "We should keep in contact!" KIbum said after he put his items in the car. "We should what?" Jinki asked, acting as if Kibum spoke a foreign language. "We should exchange numbers or something or you can give me your Kakao or Instagram..You know, ways to contact you. " Kibum explained and took out his phone. It wouldn't hurt, would it? For him to talk to him every now and then, have lunch. Like business partners. The older took Kibum's phone and put in his number, along with his email. "I don't have Kakao, I was thinking of making one soon. Instagram, not a chance." Jinki said with a small laugh as he handed the phone back. "E-mail...wow you really are all about business aren't you?" he said with the same sassy tone. Jinki felt his cheeks heat up a little from being embarrassed. "I had fun today too... The most fun I 've had in a long time.." he said, looking at Kibum directly. Kibum looked at him and smiled but before he could say anything in response, he wasn't expecting what was coming up next. The whole place seemed to slow to a stop when their lips suddenly just met. A kiss. Kibum couldn't process it...In one second he felt him step closer, then felt Jinki put both his hands on his cheeks and kiss him. That was a kiss, right? Kibum stood there in shock, not knowing how to respond, but Jinki was already walking away, long gone. Kibum traced his lips with his fingers and stared at Jinki as he disappeared into the crowd. 'He .. kissed me... he really kissed me....' was all Kibum could think.

 

 When Kibum got home, showered and laid in bed, his dogs jumped in bed with him, cuddling up. All he could think about was how soft Jinki's lips were. Sure, the kiss was like about 30 seconds, but it still mattered so much to him. He just stared at the ceiling, in deep thought about today. "I like him..and every day, the feeling just gets deeper.." Kibum said, petting his dogs as he thought. "He kissed me... what am I supposed to do.. what does it mean?" KIbum was thinking so much right now, he couldn't even think about sleep. Should he email him or ask him what was that all about? 'What the hell am I supposed to do! ' He thought viciously, throwing a tantrum and causing his dogs to move a little. Kibum took out his phone and did what he didn't think he should do. He was going to E-mail him. 

 

Bumkeyk91: Hey um... it's me, Kibum, just thought I should email you... 

"What am I even doing.. being an idiot, that's what... What if he doesn't-- " His mumbling was interrupted by the chime of his phone. Already? 

LeeJinki89: Oh hello. What exactly is "Bumkeyk?" 

LeeJinki89: Lol

Kibum laughed a little at the first one, but couldn't respond to it before he sent another. A Double texter? he must definitely be interested. Smirking, Kibum started to reply.

Bumkeyk91: It's a long story, haha. But why did you need a completely new message just to send me 'lol' -_-X

LeeJinki89: Apologies, I don't just message people often. It's purely business. 

Bumkeyk91: Ya.. you know what you should be called? "Old man" Because you're sooo not tech savvy haha. 

on the other side, Jinki smiled at Kibum's cute idea to call him that, it was true after all and he never really got called many nicknames. Not even by his ex-wife. Taking a sip of wine, he replied:

LeeJinki89: Call me that then.

LeeJinki89: Your lips were soft.

Kibum was Not expecting that. His fingers froze on his keyboard as he tried to think of what to say. 'My lips were soft? What do I even say to that..' he thought to himself, getting frustrated but really flattered. 

Bumkeyk91: You kissed me. 

LeeJinki89: It was an experiment. Jinki stared at his message after it sent, sighing in frustration at how absolutely messed up he was being. "Sure I kissed him, but it didn't mean anything." He mumbled to himself, taking another drink of wine. It didn't mean anything, but he still remembered that 30 seconds of Kibum's soft lips, the 30 seconds that felt like an eternity. To Jinki, the world always seemed to stop when he and Kibum locked eyes. Was this what love felt like? Was this what being comfortable felt like?

Kibum, on the other hand, was sort of offended, but he tried not to let it get to him. was he a toy or something? Why was he being like this? Why did he need to experiment? Did he just not like men?

Bumkeyk91: It was a KISS. Unless you just don't like men or something haha

Jinki was confused, did he like men? As he started to type, he watched his ex-wife walk down the hall to her room in nothing but a towel. He felt nothing... When he thought about it, he pictured Kibum in just a towel walking down the hallway like that and he started to blush redder than he ever had in his entire life. It was the wine, definitely the wine. Moving the glass away, he started to respond. 

LeeJinki89: I never said that. You never asked. i'm going to bed, sleep well, Key. [: 

Kibum almost threw his phone. DAMN HIM. How can he say something charming like that, leaving so many open questions and then leave??? God, he was such a mystery, and he liked it. He was gonna chase him and solve all of his mysteries, patiently and in time.