New Girl

A clueless predator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV

I stirred in bed as I tried to get some sleep.  This is no use. 

I tried counting sheep but no matter how many damn sheep I counted, sleep will not come.

The light from the lamp is too distracting. Off. On. Off. On. I closed my eyes.

It was no use. Whenever I closed my eyes, all I think of was the kiss.

"This girl is seriously driving me crazy," I scoff.

I'm so tired. All I wish now is to have a blissful sleep, but somehow my wish is being denied.

"Argh," I got out of my bed. It's no use forcing myself to sleep.

I walked around my house. Ok, I lied. It's not a house. It's a freaking three-story mansion with a big basement. People always say, "wow it must be nice living here" or "you must be really happy living here".

How I wish. Living alone is kinda sad don't you think? I'm not technically alone since I have Butler Kim and two maids, Aki and Jess who have been with me since young. But I want someone who I can talk to, someone who I can show my true self to. 

I stood outside the master's bedroom and stare longingly at the door. It's been five years... I still haven't heard from any of you. I wonder where you guys are right now.

"Can't sleep Ms Myoui?" Butler Kim interrupted my thoughts. "You should go to sleep soon... It's nearing 1 in the morning."

"What about you?"

"You are more important Ms Myoui," he covered me with a blanket. "Now go to sleep, and call me anytime you need something." He walked away.

Ever since they left, Butler Kim, Aki, and Jess started being more protective of me. I hated it. I don't like being pampered. I am an independent woman not a damsel in distress.

All that thinking must have tired me out because the moment my touches the sofa, I drifted into dreamland.

There she was. That annoying brat.

"Morning Mitang~"

"Shut up."

"Not a morning person I see," she giggled. "Luckily, I know a way to wake you up!" She walks closer to me.

"Wha- What are you doing?" Why am I stammering?

"A morning kiss!" She held onto my cheeks and tilted her head sideways.

Knowing what would happen next, I close my eyes and anticipate.

1...

2...

3-

"MS MYOUI!"

My eyes jolted open. However, instead of facing Momo, I'm facing Butler Kim.

"What are you doing!" I yell as I kept hitting him.

"Ms- Myoui... You're going to be late for school!" He said dodging all my attacks.

I looked up at the clock. Oh, my... It's 7:45?! School starts in 15 minuted time!

"It's ok. I'll be fine," I acted calmly. "No one will bother."

"Ms Myoui..." he shooked his head as he walked towards the kitchen.

What's up with him? Today's not even Monday and he's already sad and gloomy in the morning.

Once he's gone, I quickly ran up to my room. Damn it why is this mansion god damn big!

I got dressed and walk down towards the dining hall. Yep, not a dining room but a dining hall.

"Today's main is egg benedicts with mango lassi," Butler Kim presented it. Something is off... Something is missing...

"You forgot something Butler Kim..."

"Ah! Yes! My bad," he brought out a Heinz Ketchup and place it on the table. Ah... That's more I like it!

After breakfast, Butler Kim fetched me to school. It was quiet and empty since classes have started.

"Don't cause a lot of trouble today Ms Myoui!" He said as he drove off.

Argh, seriously that's so embarrassing... Good thing no one's here. Or so I thought.

I made my way up to class and slide the door open.

...

It was so quiet I swear I could even hear the clock ticking.

Ignoring the looks I was getting, I made my way to my seat and found a particular peach staring at me. However, when I sat down beside her, her usually warm aura was gone. Instead, it was replaced with this cold aura which makes me shiver.

The teacher continued on her lesson.

Should I say hi? Or just not talk at all? I kept on fidgeting with my hands. Argh, whatever.

"Ohaiyo?" I whispered to her. 

...

She ignored me. Playing hard to get huh...

"Are you ignoring me?"

"..."

"Ya."

"..."

"Momo."

She finally looked towards me. 

"Are you mad?"

"Pfft. No," she turned her attention towards the front again.

Yep. She's definitely angry.

I looked around. Everyone seems to be engrossed in whatever the heck the teacher is writing on the board.

Why is she ignoring me? I want your attention Hirai Momo! Luckily, I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter