Chapter Five

The Nest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Human medics could only help with matters they could understand, but only Sehun knew that, for his Luhan allowed those tired eyes to fall shut, going limp: but presence lingering. It was as if he was whispering to his love, his meaning simple: I trust you, I will see you soon. 

An Angel without its wings was no better than a human with flaws: for he had lost the one thing that made him differ from the tainted. It was a punishment nearly unheard of, so cruel, to lose one's feathers as some had called it, and yet Luhan was there, going paler by the moment as color danced further and further from his snow-like skin. He was cool to the touch, but with chest rising in agony, breaths tearing deep into his lungs only to cause him to choke. The blood that trickled down his lips seemed to flow like the river of death slow yet steady - leading to a place of no return. 

Sehun knew, very well, that his Other Half was going to leave him - and yet there was this beast clawing at his mind, screaming for him to do something.

He had heard stories before - when his soul was still pure and young, barely old enough to understand that there was a life outside of his Nest. Some Angels spoke of ways to steal life from living, breathing beings, to pour it back into ones that deserved it more. It was something frowned upon, a mere legend that not many creatures have heard about - but it did spike the tiny flame of hope in his heart. They were in a deserted area, but in a place that he had seen before. 

He could recall crimson flooding the streets, the stench making him gag. There had been an explosion, and Guardians like him could be seen for once, desperately searching but... there was just too much death crawling down the path.

Sehun took a deep breath as he sunk onto his knees, tears that he had not shed in so long in his eyes. Hand cupped together, a prayer found its way to his lips as he begged. 

"Claim the life around, claim what is mine. But please do not take his life," his mantra, one that he had never thought he would say, albeit different than in the old language burned its way down his throat, causing a trembling hand to scratch at skin but he kept mumbling, eyes never leaving the beautiful sight in front of him,

More was need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter