Chapter Two

The Nest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The youngest he ever saw die was still a babe. With a shock of soft blonde hair and the brightest eyes, the newborn had such a bright future. But instead of blood, his father's veins held nothing but whiskey. And it only took one hit: there was a scream, a sharp sound that shook him to the core, and then nothing.  This time, he was given the cruel chance to see what happened after. He saw a desperate mother pleading for her young to wake up. A broken father stare at his own hands that were stained by blood. And then, he heard the syrens. The yelling, the pleas.

"JUST GIVE HIM BACK BACK TO ME!" Was the last thing he heard, and only then did he realize that it had not been the baby he had to watch over: but the father. A gun went off, and he crumpled..

The Angel fell with him.

He woke again, and when he did, he was in a faraway place. Water was scarce, and so many died under the heavy gaze of the sun. But the one he was looking after: she was lucky. A thin woman, wiser than the others. Her skin was dark, her hands calloused, but she was ready to protect her tribe. And he knew that if it came to that, she would have a better chance than the others. 

But he did not want her to pass on like the others. Hope had been driven away from his heart, yes: but he despised the feeling of plunging back into the darkness, only to be dragged out again. Suffering was all he knew, but he wanted badly for it to end. And if that meant protecting her...

Not a whisper could be heard: the air went still the moment Luhan had taken his tentative steps to the Stranger. But he barely realized it: nor did he saw how those pitch-black wings draped over him, as if to hide him from the keen eyes of others. He trembled, his small body too frail for so many emotions. Never before had he experienced such feelings. He was complete: but dread also crept into his frantic heart as he took in the details etched into the dark robes of his mysterious Partner. His fingers shook as did his lips as he peaked up at the taller man, searching for answers for the questions he did not dare utter. 

"Who are you?" he asked again, and there was music once more.The crowd went on, the unusual couple forgotten. Little did the smaller see why: he  was too blind to notice how those unfamiliar eyes flashed wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter