Chapter One

The Nest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How could he not have seen that? He just did not understand. As a Guardian, he only had one task: and yet, he kept failing it. Darkness would come to meet him like a friend again and again, and he knew all too well what that had meant. With each life that was taken under his watchful eyes, his heart ached less and less. He was used to it: the screams of agony barely made him flinch anymore, and there was none of the initial emptiness that he had felt first. Humans' lives were fleeting. And they were ready to kill one another for many things: money, power... Or even just another person. No Angel could protect them from their own stupidity.

Not even him.

A soft tune filled the room: and there were already couples humming and dancing. The sky above was a stunning hue of blue: darker than what it would be usual at that time of the day. Already, stars could be seen flickering through the darkness. Some would have said that they were just lamps, but to Luhan, they seemed like the real deal. Even after spending so much time in the room, learning the dances and the etiquette, and then just observing when he was younger, he was still awed by how beautiful it would be each and every year. It held more magic than he would see on any other day of the year, and it always made him feel.. Happy. The flowers, the music, the food and the people and just everything else. It was hope, too, that came out to fill his young heart. He knew that one day, he would find the person that had been made to fall for him, to keep him and never let go. It was awfully romantic, and Luhan had always thought so. Even when he had been much younger.  

His eyes fell on the crowd as slowly, he made his way towards it. There was something brewing in his soul. He felt an odd tug from time to time. It was like a soft whisper, guiding him through the room. 

He bowed with respect to some of those that were older than him before taking a seat. He had not been invited for a dance yet, and he felt as if he would not be brave enough to do it himself.

And thus, for a long time, he just watched. His hands lay in her lap, fingers often toying with his golden bracelets. 

Luhan's wings fluttered when finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter