Prologue

The Nest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was War on Earth. It was the cold season, too: many fell due to the snow crushing the warmth of their bodies. Cries could be heard as hearts were pierced, as lives were stolen. Humans had done it again: and this time, it seemed almost like there would be no way out. The chill in the air could not be fully blamed on winter. A piercing cry, pleas of help.

But no one would listen. 

A form watched from above, hiding in a cloud The darkness of his wings could not be noticed from afar: he hid too well for that. A flick of his wrist, and there was another shout: men fell on the ground as they writhed in absolute agony. But the creature just watched, his bright eyes falling on the one person he was set to protect. A soldier, gun on his back and a picture of his family pressed tightly to his chest before he ran off again. Bullets seemed to evade him but then..

It was dark again, and he had lost another one. 

When he woke, there were tears streaming down Luhan's cheeks: but he did not know why. He had dreamt that night, that much he had known. But he could not recall just what had happened. His wings fluttered as his stretched out like a cat, arching his back before crumpling back on his bed once more. He felt strange, as if something bad had happened, but he could not recall just what it was. He felt so... lost. But it was time for his day to start. 

The Angel let out a breathless chuckle when a large fluffy cat pounced on him. It was white like his wings: but its eyes were a piercing green.

"Hey," he chuckled, petting the soft fur of his pet's neck. The cat at his face, lapping up the salty residue of tears on his cheeks."I don't know what happened." he let out a soft chuckle a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter