3/∞

Scribbled Stories

superthumb.jpgsuperthumb.webp

Title: Hello-win Your Heart 
Pairing: Chanyeol; Eunji
Genre: attempted fluff
Rating: PG
Length: 1964 words
Notes: Halloween is near and I have this weird urge to write something about it - and there you go! It is far from perfect but may you enjoy this. I planned to post this on Halloween but I have midterm exams starting tomorrow so yeah, Happy Early Halloween! Have a nice day dear you :)


 

“So what will you be on Halloween?”

 

She’s curious, so much on what he’s been doing behind her nose, because the taller has been always open and told her every little thing in his life but now for weeks before Halloween, he was not saying anything about his plan; it’s like there was something that she couldn’t know.

 

“I can’t tell you. It won’t be fun if I tell you.” He shushed her with the same beam that made her heart raced, but she tried her best to maintain her composure and just kicked his shin for being so secretive.

 

The truth to be told, Jung Eunji has befriended the giant Park Chanyeol for over a decade, since they went to same schools and lived just across the street, and more their mothers were like BFFs or something. It was inevitable for two of them to grow on each other’s life and business.

 

Park Chanyeol was nothing akin to bad-looking. He instead is drop-dead gorgeous; with that dimple that appeared when he smiled at whatever you were talking about, big doe eyes that would look at you in full attention, height that would be perfect to cover you from those sunlight, and his voice that would lull you to sleep. He’s super handsome and he knew it, but he chose not to use his charms for him being a good friend for a poor, pathetic Jung Eunji.

 

Jung Eunji was small, in comparison to Park Chanyeol of course. She’s loud and annoying, and stubborn at times. She was in pure luck to have Chanyeol as her best friend, and her unrequited crush when they were at it.

 

That stupid feeling was born at the time Eunji realized puberty just hit her best friend so hard and right; he grew thinner, grew taller, and his voice changed. He went to his grandma’s house for summer and once he returned he gained himself dozens of confession letters.

 

Once upon a time, she wrote him a letter as well and joined those letters that piled up inside his locker. Of course she wasn’t that mad to write her own name, so she went anonymous. Chanyeol never talked about it, so she realized that her letter might end up alike to the others; straight to the dustbin.

 

She thought it would fade away, she thought it would pass in any time soon. But then, , because instead fading away, it was growing on her. The way he laughed, the way he talked, the way he paused himself just to listen to her, the way he picked up cucumbers because doesn’t eat them, the way he sighed but lent his oversized sweatshirts, and all those things – how could she stop? If she calculated right, she has been crushing her best friend for four years now.

 

They were not going to be any younger, they would age, and sooner or later Park Chanyeol might or might not find his own crush and love her – Eunji would be dead if he ever did, but she knew Chanyeol can’t stay single forever. They would leave for college and their decisions were different; Chanyeol decided to stay in the countryside because he had to take care of their well-off restaurant, while Eunji was dreaming big to go out from Busan and find her passion in Seoul. So whoever she was later, she would be the luckiest person in the planet and she had to take care of Chanyeol well.

 

Something nudged her, someone, it was Chanyeol and he had those worried eyes that Eunji shook her head at. He nodded and stood up, “Come on, we should get home. Your mother might be worried.”

 

Eunji nodded her head and decided to let Chanyeol walk ahead because she just got so much in her mind. And unlike the usual, Chanyeol didn’t stop to wait so they walked side by side. He just went straight to the bus shelter without waiting for her.

 

Eunji sighed; she had to really stop these feelings because it wouldn’t do her good.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

Park Chanyeol didn’t call, didn’t text, or didn’t even go to her house for the weekend and Eunji was feeling furious. Was he meeting someone? Was he preparing something for someone for the Halloween? Was it why he couldn’t tell her what was going on?

 

Rude, Eunji thought. She told him everything, except that little fact about her crush (of course she won’t, was she crazy?), and he instead kept everything inside. Now Eunji realized that for a friendship that lasted over a decade, she was the only one that talked a lot, while Chanyeol was that quiet kid that listened to her ramblings.

 

She nibbled her lower lip. So maybe Park Chanyeol found someone that could listen to him, someone that wasn’t as loud as Jung Eunji, someone that does not talk much like Eunji.

 

Out of blue, Eunji was feeling bad upon herself and just started crying.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

It’s Halloween; the time for everyone to be the ones they wanted to be for a day, be it a princess or a zombie or a monster or anything, anything they wanted.

 

Eunji already prepared herself to be Gwen Stacy tonight because she knew how obsessed Chanyeol was for Marvel’s comics, and last year they already discussed about being a Spiderman and Gwen Stacy, since last year they won a trophy for Best Dressed Couple, for being Jack and Rose from Titanic.

 

She was this close to decide that she wouldn’t come. But then a text from Chanyeol changed her mind.

 

superthumb.webp You come tonight, don’t you? I’ll see you there.

 

That, just like that. No explanations, no reasons, just a word of see you there. Typical Park Chanyeol.

 

Thinking that this might be her last time to see Chanyeol being her partner, because next year they were already graduated and he might have someone else to be his company for Halloween, Eunji decided to look the best.

 

“For the last.” She whispered as she started her makeup, she held back the tears of that thought and repeated, “For the last.”

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

The gym was packed with everyone being someone else. Eunji found Byun Baekhyun became a rabbit this year, Kim Jongdae chose to be Harry Potter, Oh Sehun paired up with Kim Junmyeon to be agents from Kingsman. There were some others being Elsa and Anna, Hermione Granger, zombies from Walking Dead series. They looked the best tonight but Eunji was expectant for what Park Chanyeol decided to be this year’s Halloween.

 

She looked around, wondered around the place but there was no clue of his gigantic height. So she decided to give that boy a call, not until she heard loud cheers and teases from the door.

 

She went there, curious of what happened, because the cheers were just too loud, and got her eyes widened in surprise.

 

Park Chanyeol entered the gym in a very nice black suit with a bouquet of roses, his hair pushed back – showing fair amount of his nice forehead, he got pristine shoes, and he just looked deliciously amazing that Eunji might wonder he just stepped off magazine’s cover or something.

 

They caught each other’s gaze and Chanyeol stepped off resolutely to her, Jung Eunji, in her super basic preppy outfit and a headband, the fringe that went too long almost covered her eyes to look up at the taller.

 

“Hi.” He greeted and handed the bouquet calmly. “You look just like her, except the blonde hair.” Chanyeol praised her with that same kind smile, the smile that made her legs turned to jelly.

 

Eunji just laughed. “I look horrible in blonde hair.” She tried to control her heartbeat as she heaved a deep sigh. “You look nice as well. Who are you being right now?”

 

“Hmm I’ll answer that but before…” Chanyeol picked out something from his suit and Eunji got her eyes rounded as she recognized what it was; it was that confession letter she sent to him, for being super desperate and losing her mind.

 

She found his eyes that were filled with determination. He was determined and she was, in other hand, suddenly got cold feet.

 

“Do not lie to me and say you didn’t write this for me. I’ve known you for years, so naturally of course I would recognize your handwriting.” Chanyeol started to tell his story. “I was surprised, confused when I received this. I always read those letters, so you have no idea what I felt when I read yours.”

 

Eunji looked down on her shoes.

 

“A part of me was worried because our friendship is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me, and I don’t want to lose that, just because of feelings that might stay for a moment.” Chanyeol said and Eunji just wanted to cry.

 

She nodded, although it hurt he was right; their friendship was too precious just because Eunji had feelings for him.

 

“But another part of me was thrilled, excited because heck, you have no idea how I feel about you…” he stopped as Eunji looked up in pure amazement at him, “I liked you, no, I loved you for years and then one day I received a letter from you telling me that you have same feelings with me…, my crush told me that she’s on the same boat with me….”

 

Eunji was mesmerized.

 

He gulped, seemingly nervous. “So what should I do Eunji? Tell me, what should I do?”

 

Eunji stilled on her spot, too speechless to speak.

 

“Say something…,” Chanyeol whispered weakly, he was nervous, of course how wouldn’t he, when they were right now being the centre of attention, everyone was staring at them openly.

 

Eunji realized she shouldn’t hide it anymore, it’s an open book. Chanyeol knew about it and there’s nothing to hide. They were friends, best friends, and friends told each other everything.

 

“I…,” she started and Chanyeol waited, he always waited for her. “I think…, I’m in love with my best friend.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but snorted at her choice of words, but he didn’t force her further as he understood what she meant.

 

“I am too.” He inched closer to her. “In love with my best friend I mean,” Chanyeol reached for her hand and he grinned because her hand was ice cold.

 

“Good.” Eunji then broke into a fit of laughter and tightened their grip. “Your best friend must be very pretty that she could make you look super handsome like today.”

 

He let out that lopsided smile and heaved a deep sigh, as if he was relieved that the burdens were all taken away. “And your best friend must be very handsome that he could make you write an anonymous love letter.”

 

Eunji gaped and smacked his upper arm hard. “That is one time! And how could you still have that?!”

 

Chanyeol laughed and brought her to his embrace, hiding her away from everyone to see and covering that just wouldn’t stop talking.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

“So what exactly are you being now?” Eunji asked curiously, her right hand was intertwined with Chanyeol’s and her left hand was holding the bouquet. After making ruckus in the gym earlier, Chanyeol asked her to leave to ice cream parlor nearby.

 

“Can’t you guess?” Chanyeol asked back confidently.

 

“Hmm…, OH. You’re being that guy from the movie we watched together few weeks back right, what is it again… Ten Things I Hate About You! You’re acting like that, all nice and kind…” Eunji nudged her jokingly and Chanyeol laughed.

 

Chanyeol stopped, pulling her altogether and sent a look to her eyes. There’s always something in his look that got Eunji nervous all of sudden.

 

“Your man,” he said with a smile. “I’m being your man.”

 


Image result for chanyeol gif 2017

This kid is Nation’s Boyfriend, everyone.