1/∞

Scribbled Stories

superthumb.jpgsuperthumb.webp

Title: The Good Friend
Pairing: Chanyeol, Eunji
Genre: (can't even pick any)
Rating: PG-13
Length: 1404 words
Notes: Very much inspired from this picture. Hi you, have a good day :)


 

This is just father-syndrome-thingy, he tried to persuade himself as he saw his best friend was mirroring herself with mountain of clothes on her bed. Kindly he stepped in and helped her tidying the clothes as she rummaged her clothes, whining about why on earth she didn’t own nice dresses like an ordinary human being.

 

The boy just remained quiet, tidied the clothes and halfheartedly wished that she might change her mind and decide to stay in, rather than go out on that blind-date thing that one of her good friends arranged. Huh, if her friends were good they were supposed to be there for her and helped her to talk with that date, not leaving her alone with a random stranger that his best friend never saw before.

 

He tried, begged, for his best friend to agree on him coming, he would sit the farthest seat if it could be any help, at least he didn’t want anything bad happen to her. But she shook her persistently, saying that this date was important because this would be her very first time going on one.

 

The boy sighed as he tried his best to maintain his composure, so he just nodded when he offered earlier this morning and received the same response; no.

 

“Chanyeol, get out.”

 

The young man looked up and gazed at his best friend, she seemed to find her outfit for this stupid blind-date. He stood up and walking so achingly slow just to waste time, she kicked her shin as she pushed him out of her bedroom before locked it down, that Chanyeol couldn’t even try to enter.

 

“Eunji, I think I left my phone inside!” he tried but to no avail. She didn’t bother to answer or open the door so he could try to waste more of her time.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

His shoulders slumped as he reached for Jung Jinwoon, the older brother of Eunji, he was munching on his snack as he looked up from the TV to see what the weird atmosphere around him. He shook his head as he realized what happened and tapped vacant space beside him so Chanyeol could sit.

 

“She’s persistent, you know that.” Jinwoon mumbled to no one but Chanyeol sighed deeply, “Just let her do whatever she wants to do. I don’t even think this blind-date goes well anyway.”

 

“Hyung,” Chanyeol gazed up at the older and the older just hummed. “This is just me being a good friend, aren’t I? I’m being worried, being freaked over small thing like this…, it’s only because I’m her best friend right? Because I wanted only the bests for her,” Chanyeol said, more to convince himself than to ask for Jinwoon’s opinion.

 

“Huh.” Jinwoon smirked and decided to abandon his snack to look upon Chanyeol more. “How long have you been like this exactly?”

 

Chanyeol needed a moment to think. “I don’t know…,” he answered honestly and Jinwoon wasn’t satisfied with it. “She’s been preparing for this stupid thing for weeks, so I guess it’s been a while?”

 

“What it makes you feel?” Jinwoon asked wonderingly, feeling blatantly stupid for doing this. He could just rub the truth on the younger’s face but no, Chanyeol would freak and deny.

 

“I don’t know hyung…, it just makes me so mad. She hasn’t seen him yet, why would she be jolly for? That’s ridiculous.” Chanyeol scoffed and their conversation went on a pause as Eunji came in to show off her outfit.

 

“TADA!”
 

She looked stupidly pretty; with that white blouse and black pants, her hair was straightened, and damned it all to hell she smelled so nice today that he swore he could identify Eunji’s perfume from a mile away. If anything, Chanyeol found her smile endearing this afternoon. She turned around to show off and asked what they thought for a blind-date.

 

Jinwoon gave his thumbs up while Chanyeol scowled, Eunji didn’t say a word about it, maybe because she ignored it or she might be just clueless. She waved her hand and shouted, “Wish me luck!” as she slammed the door close, not waiting for Chanyeol to wake up from his reverie.

 

“The hell….,” Chanyeol shook his head and turned to Jinwoon. “Hyung, what is happening to me?!” he asked desperately as he tried to calm himself.

 

“You, young grasshopper, is infatuated.” Jinwoon finally answered the only thing that Chanyeol had been wondered for a while, something that he actually noticed but denied because it was so hilarious to be happening.

 

“No way hyung! With her? I’ve been her best friend for so long! I can’t be admiring her out of sudden just because she decided to go on that stupid blind—” he was cut off.

 

“—Huh.” Jinwoon let out another smirk, the one that almost made Chanyeol wipe it off of his face. “Funny that I don’t even mention anyone’s, my sister’s, name but you came up with an idea that she’s the one you’re infatuated with…” He just hit the jackpot as Chanyeol couldn’t help but gape. “So you are, really?”

 

Chanyeol covered his face with his arms before fell on the carpet and started to growl for being stupid and realizing that he might or might not have those feelings for the girl.

 

“Don’t worry, if my intuition correct, that thing would not even last for an hour.” Jinwoon tapped on his shoulder to cheer him up but it made Chanyeol growled even harder.

 

Jinwoon decided to leave the kid behind as he turned the TV off and brought the snack away, as he shook his head he mumbled, “Kids these days.”

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

Chanyeol was sitting on the couch lifelessly as he used the silence to recall the moments he spent with the shorter girl. Nothing, he was sure that he never felt anything, heart racing, thinking of her repeatedly, or those cheesy melancholic stuffs that would happen when someone had feelings for their crush. Chanyeol was sure that he didn’t like Eunji, not in that way.

 

Then why was he scared when she told him that she was going on a blind-date, why was he trying so hard to change her mind? Wasn’t it for her good that Eunji had a boyfriend? It meant he wouldn’t be bothered anymore with her daily stories, not bothered with her bad habit of biting her nail whenever she’s nervous, not bothered to remind or text or call her to do her homework, not bothered to make sure she went home safe, not—

 

, Chanyeol raked his hair aimlessly as he realized that somehow Jinwoon might be right.

 

Chanyeol stood up right after his realization and about to walk out of the house, he went to take his shoes from the cabinet, and while he tied his shoes, the door suddenly slammed open, surprising both of the persons standing behind the door.

 

Chanyeol with his widened eyes and blinking curiously right after, while Eunji with her frown but seemingly surprised to see him standing with his shoes on.

 

Sensing that something might going on, he wondered, “What happened?” he checked the clock on the wall and continued, “It’s only thirty minutes, something happened?” he asked as he tilted his head to study her look, another thing of being her best friend; he could tell why she was bothered by her look.

 

“That guy thinks Harry Potter is overrated and picks Twilight instead.” She scoffed in disbelief. “I mean…, how dare he! Harry Potter is so much better and it has more books! From the moment he said that, I knew we won’t get along. So I ditched it. I’d rather stay at home, sleeping than going on a date with a lame person like that! Huh!” Eunji crossed her arms against her chest and looked at Chanyeol in curiosity. “And you, where are you going, heading home?”

 

There’s a smile threatened to bloom on Chanyeol’s face and he struggled to suppress it. He cleared his throat and answered on Eunji’s question, “I’m going to get a crepe. Do you want to come? Or you know…, you want to stay at home sleeping.”

 

Eunji didn’t need a second to think as she nodded right away. “Let’s go then.” He stepped away and then turned her head, “But because I just had a very bad day, it’s on you.”

 

Chanyeol grinned and nodded his head. “Alright, anything for you Jung, anything for you.”

 


tumblr_nmoenisU0P1sqy4rjo4_540.gif

Suppress it! Hold that smile! HOLD THAT SMILE!