2/∞

Scribbled Stories

superthumb.jpgsuperthumb.jpg

Title: Beginning of Everything
Pairing: Sehun, Naeun; BFF!SeKai
Genre: (can't even pick any)

Rating: PG-13
Length: 1983 words
Notes: Very much inspired from this picture. This was all made-up so please don’t be confused. The only facts I used are; Sehun and Naeun indeed went to SOPA together and since both of them 94line so I thought why not, Naeun is indeed Sehun’s sunbaenim since Apink debuted in 2011 and EXO followed in 2012 (both anniversaries in April, huh), and the awards are made-up as well.  Please
don’t be confused with timelines. Have a good day! :)


 

“Hyung come on!”

 

The tall boy, with his long limbs hopped in impatience, his facial expression was akin to excitement even though most of people often mistaken him for being bored or annoyed when he was quiet, couldn’t help but repeatedly asked his manager to walk out of the apartment faster.

 

His manager barely put on his coat on but the boy was already persistent that made him frown, “Why are you being so giddy to come? It’s only closing ceremony before school’s break right?”

 

“It’s not the break or ceremony that excites him hyung,” someone walked out the apartment as well, his figure was smaller than the tall boy, he had a glasses on and a big plastic of trash to throw out. “It’s the girl.”

 

“Huh, really?” The manager turned at the shorter male and he laughed as the taller one just laughed. “How do you know Jun?” he wondered as they made their walk toward the elevator.

 

“He woke us up like…, at five in the morning hyung. He asked Kyungsoo to iron his uniform, borrowed Jongdae’s cologne, asked Baekhyun to scrub his back, and checked his reflection for hundred times. And uh, he even asked Yixing and Minseok-hyung on how he looks.” The shorter boy rubbed the sleepiness on his face with his sleeve. “And he called you to come an hour early before his school starts, so of course I know. Right, Hunnie?”

 

Hunnie, or preferably to be called as Sehun, with Oh as his surname, just pressed his lips into thin line and refused to look over both of them. He pretended the elevator button was more fun so he kept pressing on them because how the heck it just doesn’t go up?! I’ll be late!

 

The manager stepped closer fondly and raked his perfectly styled hair, “Aigoo our Sehunnie is growing up.”

 

“Ah hyung, don’t ruin this!” That Sehun boy, he had deep timbre when he talked and a little lisp, frowned and checked his reflection again at the elevator.

 

“Puppy love…,” The shorter one, the leader of the team, the one that their manager called Jun, just let out a proud smile as he shook his head. “So cute,”

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

Going to art school was something he never dreamed of before but it seemed to be the most make-sense decision he and his parents ever made so far, aside decided to be a trainee at one of the most prestigious company in South Korea. Going to art school means less pressure and he could totally use most of his times dancing, that was why he chose dance as a major. Going to art school made him easier because his friend, fellow trainee, Kim Jongin, also went there.

 

“You’ll be amazed there.” Jongin said when Sehun fulfilled the blanks for application. “There are so many beautiful trainees that might help you to be cooler.” His eyes were sparkling like that when he said that, but somehow Sehun just knew that Jongin didn’t want to date, as a school-kid and hasn’t debuted yet, Jongin wanted to focus on being debut that time. “Who knows, you may or may not want to date. If you want that’s okay, if you don’t, then you can consider them as eye-candy; to please your eyes and make you struggle for the better.”

 

He remembered Jongin ruffled his hair that time, still treated him as a kid because Jongin was a high-school freshman and he was just a senior at middle-school – Jongin thought highly of even though they were just three months apart.

 

Now he was in his second year, almost made his debut finally. Dreaming something as wild as thing has never happened before, but he was excited, to be able showing off his talents on stage with his beloved friends.

 

Having a debut coming up meant he and other members were made to live at an apartment together. The apartment was small for twelve of them, but they managed to set the roommates. There were arguments here and there, but mostly because they just missed homes, some of them were coming abroad, so the others tried to understand better. They were nervous, just like how he was right now.

 

“Hun-ah, we’re here.” His manager called him and Sehun was awoken of his reverie. His manager has safely brought him to school.

 

“Oh right hyung, thank you.” Sehun stepped off of the van and his manager reminded to call him after ceremony ended because they would have extra practice for their upcoming debut. “Okay hyung, see you later.”

 

Sehun wetted his lips as he looked his school from the front gate. This school was the one that brought him everything; good friends, great experiences, and unrequited crush.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

They first met perhaps on last summer, when he was given his demo for his group’s debut song, and he was thrilled to hear it for the first time. Jongin was somewhere, sleeping probably, and Sehun just couldn’t wait. He’s excited, he waited a long, long time for his.

 

So he searched for empty place to listen and it happened the school’s festival was near so everyone was practicing; the bands, the cheerleaders, the dancers, the stage actors. Everyone was busy and because Sehun was just a freshman, he wasn’t really needed to do it.

 

He loitered around as he realized there might be somewhere empty; the rooftop. None would practice dancing there, none would practice their dialogues there, and no bands would play his drum there! “Oh Sehun, you smartass!” he sounded so proud of himself and decided to go up.

 

Just like what he thought, the rooftop was positively empty, and more it’s peaceful. He was looking for a seat before he stopped on his track and realized there was someone there, a young girl, sitting on a stool with a canvas stood before her. She seemingly heard his footsteps.

 

She got long, straight, jet black hair and her figure was slim but she was sure to be tall enough. Sehun could tell just by looking at her back appearance.

 

As she turned her head to see who the intruder was, it was Sehun, the wind breezed rather strongly for summer. Sehun covered his eyes with his back of hand but didn’t close his eyes to see the person in front of him.

 

Her hair was majestically swayed following the wind, and as if it was a Korean drama, somewhere deep inside Sehun’s something palpitated.

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

“The Male of The Year goes to…,” the drum roll was heard and everyone was expectant. The School President opened the envelope in the same excitement and grinned, “AH. It’s Kim Jongin again!”

 

The girls cheered, the boys scoffed. Oh Sehun clapped.

 

“Where is he?” The School President looked around because he didn’t step up to claim his victory. “Is he sleeping at infirmary again?” he asked and he seemed to know the answer as he made a face. “Alright, go on.”

 

The Female of The Year went to Kim Jinri, or well-known as Sulli, beating Suzy the most strong candidate and also the previous winner. Of course Sehun clapped for her since they were friends and came from same agency.

 

“And now, The Perfect Attendance!”

 

Sehun clasped his hands and whispered silent prayer, wishing, praying, begging, for this nomination to go to him—

 

“—Oh Sehun!”

 

His classmates turned their heads at him, grinning and also were aware that he might win this nomination. Despite his hectic schedules for his upcoming debut, he managed to never skip class and came – even though he had to leave earlier than his friends.

 

The girls and his close female classmate, Daeun, pushed him forward to receive the award. The School President was grinning in excitement as he stepped up. He handed the award and certificate, reached out his arm to grab his hand, and took a picture.

 

“Congratulations Oh Sehun, whoa! You’re debuting soon right? Here, here, have some words!” The School President handed the microphone to him and Sehun looked around in restlessness, until he found a certain figure his eyes stopped and he started talking.

 

“Um, I might or might not get this award because of someone.” His low timbre boomed the speaker as he spoke. “This person is mainly one of many reasons for me to always come to school, no matter what. This person somehow inspires me…”

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

“Jongin-ah, Jongin-ah, Jongin-ah!”

 

Jongin looked up from his bowl and gazed at the maknae of his group with a confused frown. Sehun seemed to be disturbed by something but Jongin couldn’t tell what it was. “What Hun-ah?”

 

“Follow my lead okay…,” Sehun ordered as he grabbed Jongin’s head to follow his lead. Jongin couldn’t even get mad at this because at home this was usual, even though some of Jongin’s friends considered Sehun disrespected him since Jongin was a year older, his senior. “There.” He stopped moving Jongin’s head as he made him gaze at someone.

 

“Oh…, why?” Jongin asked confusedly. “She’s Son Naeun. She just debuted, um… What is it again, her group’s name…, Pink-something. Pink-Pink? Blackpink?

 

Apink.” One of Jongin’s friends helped and Jongin nodded in agreement.

 

“AH. Apink,” Jongin looked at Sehun, the younger was busy looking at the female that was tying her hair up so it wouldn’t fall on her bowl. “Why Sehunnie?” Jongin wondered and as if he knew what it was, he broke into a smile. “Found an eye-candy already huh?”

floral-clipart-page-divider-3.jpg

The hall emptied in the speed of light but Sehun slowed his steps because this might be his last year to come every day to school. After debut, he would be busy, as he heard from his manager, since the group separated into K and M, it was possible the whole group to come to China to promote. Sehun was smiling, feeling stupid for his speech and gazed openly at her.

 

Oh Sehun and his unrequited crush, this would make a perfect coverage later when he debuted and if the interviewer wondered about his love life. He already could imagine Jongin grinning ear-to-ear (as he knew who it was) and Junmyeon smiling rather teasingly. Ugh Sehun, what have you done.

 

His steps halted as he found Son Naeun standing before him, like their first meeting. There were no canvas, no summer breeze, and no debut song to hear anymore.

 

It was just Oh Sehun, the soon-to-debut group member called EXO, and Son Naeun, the visual of Apink.

 

“Congratulations on your winning.” Her voice was still the same, Sehun could recall her first words.

 

“Are you lost?”

 

“Thank you.” Sehun couldn’t say a word aside thanking her.

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“I’m happy for you.” She continued with a smile, the same smile that Sehun also recalled.

 

“Then you don’t mind sharing the space right? You can do whatever you want and I’ll just draw over here…”

 

Again, “Thank you.”

 

She disregarded her canvas in the end, sitting next to Sehun on the edge of the rooftop with him staring confusedly. “What are you doing?”

 

“So you’re going to debut huh. I can see it coming.” She seemed and sounded sincere.

 

“How were you feeling sunbaenim…, were you nervous when you were on stage for the very first time?”

 

“Yeah, and you’re preparing for a comeback.” Sehun knew, he heard when Naeun fainted in class for not sleeping enough, he heard Naeun practicing until late at the rooftop, he knew almost everything about her, but he didn’t know her.

 

“You’ll do well.”

 

She let out a smile, small one but calm. She stepped closer and tapped his upper arm. “Good luck Sehun-ah.”

 

“Do you think so?”

 

“Ah yes, you too sunbaenim, good luck for your comeback.” Sehun bowed at her as she turned around, started to leave the hall, leaving him alone.

 

Her eyes showed assurance, something that Sehun has been looking for. “I know so.”

 


d443db846ea88bced3ce3f8150b8aa91.gif

isn’t he (still) the cutest baby maknae?