[Sweet Date]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Spill it,” Iseul was the first one to speak.

Hani knew her friends couldn’t take her silence any longer than lunchtime before they start interrogating her about her boyfriend. Sohee looked like a time bomb during classes as she tried hard to stop herself from asking Hani anything. She appreciated that the two girls gave her some space before questioning her.

“What?” Hani purposely stuffed with more food, feigning ignorance.

“That cute guy! Your boyfriend!” Sohee slapped her hands on the table making her jump from shock. Iseul was still staring at her calmly.

Hani scratched her head, thinking of whether she should acknowledge the fact to her best friends. Then she remembered how Daniel proudly announced himself earlier.

“Kang Daniel?” She muttered as both girls nodded enthusiastically.

“How did you guys meet? When did you start dating? Who confessed first?” Sohee shot multiple questions at once.

He appeared in my house on my birthday. Two days ago. Confess… I guess he did? Hani mentally answered the truth.

She was thankful Sohee didn’t wait for her to answer before she started talking again. “Seeing your interaction earlier, he looks like the type to lead. I bet he confessed and asked you out first. Right?”

Hani just gave an awkward smile before taking another bite of her lunch.

“I feel betrayed. You secretly got a boyfriend behind our backs,” Iseul clutched onto her chest, pretending to get hurt. “When did you change your mind and finally decide to have a boyfriend?”

“I never said it was impossible for me to date…” Hani tried to defend herself.

“Maybe this Daniel guy opened her heart and managed to change her mind about dating? I mean he’s so… dreamy! Super attractive, not to mention seems sweet and gentle too!” Sohee clapped excitedly as she listed her observations.

Hani’s heart fluttered as she was reminded by Daniel’s sweet and gentle acts. Unconsciously her hand reached up to touch her forehead, where he landed a soft peck earlier.

“Sohee, you already have a boyfriend.” Hani couldn’t help but to frown at her description.

“I’m saying he’s the perfect boyfriend material for you Hani!”

“Where did you guys meet?” Iseul asked the next question.

Hani froze, she didn’t have an answer for this. Daniel’s words echoed in her mind. ‘Rule number 1: Never expose to anyone about who I really am.’

“He’s… from Busan. Same hometown as my granny.” She replied. That was the only answer she could think of.

*******************************************************************************************************

“Remember, I will minus your marks for any late submission.” The professor reminded the students before leaving the lecture hall.

Students were leaving the classroom one by one while the three friends were packing up their things to go home. Hani’s phone rang as she looked at the screen. A picture of a smiling Daniel popped up and his caller name was written as <3 Daniel <3. She wondered when did he do all of this.

“Aww, boyfie is calling~” Iseul teased, nudging her arm. “Look at you being all smiley!”

“We’ll see you then.” They both waved goodbye.

“Hello?” Hani answered, placing the phone at her ear while walking out of class.

She heard Daniel laugh on the other end of the line. “Babe, this is a video call.”

Hani mentally scolded herself for not checking the call first. She looked at the screen to see him still giggling. He suddenly sent her a kiss through the camera, making Hani stopped walking.

“A kiss means today is Day 1!” Daniel made a cute gesture, showing number 1 with his index finger. “Will you go on a date with me?”

“It’s not as romantic as I expected.” Hani mocked while giving him a judging stare.

“You’re blushing though?” He teased, peering closer to the screen to look at her reaction.

“Where are you?” She asked, changing the subject.

“Gate A.” He answered, this time it’s her turn to laugh at him. He used one of the cute bunny ears filter on the video call while showing his bunny teeth. Hani shook her head at his silliness as she ended the call and headed towards the gate.

It wasn’t hard for her to recognize Daniel –his attractiveness was literally blinding- as he was leaning against a car, taking selfies of himself. He spotted her staring at him and waved enthusiastically while smiling brightly at her. Hani felt a second-hand embarrassment at his gestures that attracted the eyes of people around the area, she doesn’t like to be the center of attention.

“You must be tired, I prepared a special treat for you today!” Daniel announced the moment she came near him.

She pulled him further away from the car, “What are you doing here? What if you scratch this car?”

“Don’t worry, it’s mine.” He assured, opening the door for her.

Hani stared at him and the open door, her hands were fidgeting with the ends of her shirt as she slowly took a step back from the car. Unconsciously, one of her hands was clutching onto her chest as she took slow but deep breaths as if trying to calm herself. Daniel softly grabbed on her hand, he noticed it was trembling as he gestured her to get in the car.

Hani pulled her hands away, “C-can we walk instead… or maybe take a public transport?” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter