[Birthday Surprise?]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the weekends and Hani didn’t set any alarms on her phone as she loves sleeping in, something she doesn’t get to do on days where she has classes. That also meant she didn’t notice the beeping sound of her front door, signaling someone just entered the correct password and was able to gain entry into her house.

The person walked in with silent footsteps into her house, scanning the vicinity for Hani and entered the kitchen. As soon as he placed the bags in his hands on the kitchen counter, the person walked up the stairs looking for the owner’s room.

Hani was obviously still in dreamland as she laid sideways, the sides of going up forming a smile at the contents of her dream. In her dream, she was standing in front of a tall male with broad shoulders as both of them were smiling at each other. His face was blurry to her, but she was somehow convinced that he is good-looking even from his well-proportioned figure.

He took one of her hands in his as he muttered the words that were enough to make her heart beat faster, “Will you open your heart… for me?” he spoke, his husky voice were enough to make her melt right on the spot.

Hani’s cheeks blushed as she slowly nodded while biting her lower lip. The male smiled and wrapped one arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Her heart was racing as he lowered his head and leaned closer for her lips. Their lips were almost touching when suddenly the vision in her dreams went blank.

Meanwhile outside of her dreams…

“Hani wake up…” Hani heard a soft yet strangely familiar deep husky voice near her ear.

“Granny… 5 more minutes…” she groaned with eyes still tightly closed, hoping to fall back asleep to continue her sweet dream.

Hani was sleeping on her stomach as she felt the right side of her bed sinking in, a presence of someone in her room becoming more clear to her. Why does Granny have to wake me up now? We almost kissed! She thought.

“Babe I made breakfast,” The voice continued, this time she’s starting to identify that the voice belongs to a male. She felt a hand caressing her hair and tucking a few strands behind her ear.

Then it hit her. I live alone… where is this manly voice coming from?

Her eyes shot open while her brain was still trying to send signals so that her body can move. Hani’s eyes were still blurry and the streaks of sunlight shining into her room didn’t help either.

“You’re up! Hurry up and get ready, I’ll be waiting.” She tried to process the scene in front of her with her limited vision.

Someone… a guy was kneeling beside her bed, both arms crossed and placed as the side of the bed, staring at her with his head tilted to one side. Hani could only make up some his features as she only saw his dark brown hair and smiley face.

It hit her for the second time. I live alone… who the hell is this guy!!

Hani blinked a few more times and rubbed her eyes to clear her vision. The guy was now leaning his head on his propped right arm all the while still smiling sweetly at her, showing his eye smile.

“AAAHHH!!” was the only sound she could make as Hani screamed and rolled to the other side of her bed, trying to get further away from the stranger.

She rolled over until she fell down with a loud thump on the wooden floor as she groaned in pain. Hani was now a bundled up mess on the floor looking like a caterpillar as she rubbed the back of her head, hoping that she wouldn’t get a bump from the fall. Hani didn’t have much time to focus on her throbbing head as she remembered a more important problem she just encountered that morning.

With curled fists she quickly stood up, the blanket still draped over her shoulders. “HA! How did you-” she yelled in a fighting stance with both hands turned into fists before stopping her sentence mid-way.

Her room was empty, no sign of anyone else inside the room except for herself. Hani could see how silly she looked through her reflection in the mirror as she dropped her hands and slumped back into bed. “I must’ve been dreaming…”

Before she could continue her slumber, she heard noises coming from the kitchen. She identified the noises as her pots and pans falling down on the kitchen floor and panicked voices of people.

Hani sat up on her bed, eyes wide open as she gulped. T…thieves?

Grabbing anything in her reach as a weapon, Hani cursed to herself when she saw the electronic fly swatter/racket in her hands. She didn’t have time to find an alternative, as she set on a journey downstairs to investigate the source of the noise. I hope it’s just a cat… she reached the bottom of the staircase and a figure appeared in front of her.

“Granny!” Hani exclaimed in relief at the familiar face of her grandmother. She immediately hugged the older female to comfort her nervous heart. “I thought thieves broke into the house!”

“Silly girl! There are no thieves,” The elder lady chuckled while her granddaughter’s hair. “It’s just me and-”, She was suddenly interrupted by Hani who was still panicking.

“I heard something fell in the kitchen. Are you okay granny?” Hani asked nervously while checking her granny for any injuries.

“I’m fine sweetie.” Granny smiled at her thoughtfulness. Before she could open to explain what happened, she was interrupted again by another loud sound.

“The thieves are still here!” Hani gasped when she heard the sound of cutleries and plates in the kitchen.

Hani grabbed tighter to the electronic fly swatter -still wishing she had a better weapon to face the unknown- as she pulled her granny behind h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter