[Close To Me]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to the song while reading~

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Staring at the door in front of her, Hani took a deep breath. She contemplated whether to ring the doorbell or just keying in the password to the door. She wasn’t sure she could handle the agony of waiting, so she decided to just enter on her own. Besides, it’s been two days and Kang Daniel’s phone number was still no longer available. She doubt he would answer the door either.

The door beeped as Hani entered the password, crossing her fingers that Daniel wouldn’t change the numbers to his apartment too. To her relief, the door clicked open and she stepped inside hesitantly.

Hani’s breath was coming in gasps at the sight inside the apartment. She fought against gravity that was pulling on her weak knees by holding onto the side table in the hallway leading to the living room. Aside from the furniture inside, the house was completely empty as if it’s a showroom for home décor.

Daniel’s collection of comic books and movies lined at the TV cabinet were gone, along with his favourite game console. His various sports shoes collection and skateboards in the hallway were no where to be seen too. Hani ran, inspecting the other rooms in the house to discover the same thing, all of Daniel’s belongings were gone. He had moved out completely.

Hani wanted to call out his name, but she was not able to form words due to the extreme shock she just experienced. She plopped herself on the couch as a set of fresh tears formed and rolled down her cheeks.

“Why did you have to leave?” she sobbed.

Hani was angry at herself. Angry that she decided to visit his apartment. For what? To confirm that they really broke up? To get answers to why he left? Or perhaps… to beg him to come back?

 

Sitting alone, leaning against the wall, reminiscing

The sun falling through gaps between the trees

And I’m so sorry, in this way, it overflows

The sweet fragrance realizing that you’re my something

I’ll be next to you

 

She hugged her knees as Hani was suddenly reminded of a memory in this living room, on this couch, on a day like this with her boyfriend.

[Flashback]

If he’s not busy with classes or jobs, Daniel spends most of his time indoors and he developed the love for games. He loves playing basically every game ever, from computer games to video games. Out of all his belongings in the house, his game console will be the cleanest, without even a speck of dust from his constant use.

He would sometimes try to teach Hani how to play one of his favourite games, being very patient even though she could barely understand the rules, let alone the controls. They would play together, even when Hani insisted that she would just be a burden and not able to be of any help.

“Babe it’s okay. Just be my backup and cheer me on while I play,” Daniel repeatedly reminded, while ruffling Hani’s hair.

“I’m not exactly a cheerleader type of girl,” Hani pouted.

He just chuckled in return, gently pulling her closer by the arm. Daniel made her sit on his lap, wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on her head while he plays.

“Your presence is enough to motivate me.” He whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek softly.

Daniel liked to cuddle with Hani when he’s gaming, it pretty much became a habit of his. He would also use lots of skinship, from giving her a bear hug when he scores or a kiss when he won each level.

[Flashback]

 

Am I getting too close?

I just want you to stay

Always together, and don’t go away

You’re always here with me

Now, the love song

Is bundled up in both hands

That warmth hasn’t changed

And now, I’m getting you close to me

 

Hani wondered if their relationship was also a game for Daniel. This moment right now as game over. Where he could just start over if he failed the level and simply choose a new and better character to play with in his next attempt. Was she just a backup? Or simply a character he has to cross path with in a level before progressing to the higher level with a better character?

She realized that Daniel became her boyfriend because she filled a request online and ‘created’ him, but the time they spent together felt so genuine and sincere, that it made her believe that he really cared for her. That he would stay.

“You told me you’ll stay as long as I want you too…” Hani’s breath hitched as she shed tears. “Well, I still want you. I need you…”

*******************************************************************************

Hani wasn’t ready to give up just yet. She still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter