[Lonely Day]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning! This chapter is a bit angsty.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You’re making great progress Daniel. I’m impressed.”

Kang Daniel was sitting on one of the couches in the spacious office belonging to the agency’s Head, a woman everyone called Madam. He didn’t expect to be called to her office in such a short time since he started his current assignment. He grew worried when he stepped into the agency that morning, thinking that he probably knew the reason they called him, but hoping to be proven wrong.

He gave a small smile, “All in a day’s work M’am,” He didn’t know a better way to respond to her statement.

“The client seems very satisfied, I guess now is a good time to slowly start fading away,” Madam proposed.

“No!” Daniel abruptly stood up and spoke a little to loudly and apprehensively.

The lady took of her glasses and stared directly at him. “Pardon?”

“I… there’re still more goals I have to achieve.” He gave an excuse, wishing she would buy it.

“And they are…?” she furrowed her eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

Daniel kept his composure and answered. “I need more time to investigate.”

“Very well. I like your attitude, you may proceed.” She dismissed him. He bowed before leaving promptly.

“Niel-ah!”

Daniel turned around when he heard someone calling his name. Three of his friends caught up to him. “How did it go?” Minhyun asked.

He fell silent, exchanging glances with all three of them. “Omo! Don’t tell me…” Jisung gasped, clasping his hands on his mouth. “I’m starting to like having Hani around too.”

Daniel shook his head, but his face downcast. “No, I got an extension.”

“But you know Madam’s going to see it till the end right?” Seongwu stated the inevitable, placing a hand on his friend’s shoulder.

He nodded, very much aware. “I’ll just have to make the most of how long I have left.”

“Don’t you think telling Hani the truth would be better?” Minhyun advised.

“Will she understand? What if she hates me then?”

***

Hani took a deep breath to ease the stinging pain in her chest when she woke up that morning. She got out of bed with a headache as her body felt heavy. Checking the calendar on her phone, she exhaled deeply, it was as if her body knew what day it was, choosing a rather inconvenient way to remind her.

That particular day is the same every year, she couldn’t stop her own body from reacting negatively to the situation. It was as if all her senses were heightened –in a bad way, making her physically exhausted just by the thoughts in her mind.

She coughed a few times, feeling the dryness in . Hani reached out for the water bottle on her bedside table as her phone vibrated, receiving a message from her friend Sohee in their Kakaotalk group.

Sohee - I’m guessing you’re not coming to class today?

She didn’t reply and waited for the next text.

Iseul - Give us a call if you need us. Have you told Daniel though?

Hani gulped, still she didn’t reply. Her friend knew that she read the message and continued texting.

Sohee - You should. I bet he’d be worried. Besides, you have a shoulder to lean on now

A few seconds later her phone rang, it was her grandmother next. Hani let it ring a few more times before placing the phone near her ear.

“Morning sweetie. You’ll be there in the afternoon as usual?” Granny’s voice was very composed, soothing her aching heart.

Her grandmother also knew that the younger girl was listening intently, but she wouldn’t reply. “Send my regards to them. I’ll send my prayers from afar.”

“Maybe this time having someone accompany you there would be better? How about Daniel?” Granny suggested, trying her best to make her granddaughter feel better.

There was still no response, Hani just bit her lower lip silently.

“Very well then. Be safe. Call me when you’re feeling better.”

She placed the phone next to her and hugged her knees, contemplating about what her friends and grandmother mentioned.

Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter