[Goal No. 1]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Flashback]

Even though Kang Daniel has been working for the Boyfriend Material 101 agency for a decent period, he has never encountered an assignment as peculiar –should he say, as this particular one. Even his first assignment didn’t feel as strange.

“What do you think?” An elder lady everyone addressed as ‘Madam’ asked, her reading glasses resting at the end of her nose as she fixed her gaze on the younger male.

Daniel’s eyes were still scanning through the information inside the ipad that was given to him fifteen minutes ago, his brain trying to make sense of the words that were starting to look like meaningless squiggly lines the longer he stares at them.

He wasn’t sure whether to blame the late night video game session he had with his friends or the sudden call at midnight, urging him to arrive at the HQ as soon as possible for his brain lack of function. Daniel decided to be frank and shook his head, failing to understand the situation.

“This is indeed a very interesting request, and I’m assigning you specifically for it.” Madam stated briefly.

Daniel was still –if not more, confused at her words. “Forgive me for pointing it out but, is this a joke? The form is incomplete. It looks as if she didn’t even want to submit a request.”

Madam fixed her posture and clasped her hands together, her arms resting on the table. Daniel took it as a signal for him to continue talking. “She didn’t state how long does she want the relationship to be and what are the goals I must achieve. Can we even take this request seriously?”

“I’m taking a risk with this. It’s the first time someone requested for a long-term relationship,” she replied.

“I don’t get what you mean by long term.”

By then, Daniel was utterly confused. His previous assignments were very detailed and strict, he knew all the requirements and requests from the clients and it made his work easier. Most people who submitted a request from their agency were looking for a quick solution to their problems. Majority of them were either looking for someone to help them break off an unwanted relationship or a fake boyfriend to cover up their life as a single woman. Moreover, all his previous assignments lasted not more than a week.

“This request is experimental on our side. But of course, out client doesn’t have to know that.” Madam continued, she was very composed that it sent shivers down his spine.

“There’s a very high possibility she might not even want this. What if she rejects me?” Daniel questioned.

“Then, make her interested in you. You can even find the goals you need to achieve as you get to know her better and progressed in the relationship.” Madam said simply. She reached inside her drawer and pulled out a brown folder. “We formed a special team and did a background check on her to assist you. Here is the file.”

Daniel took the folder and hesitantly flipped it open. He first saw a picture of a girl who was smiling happily while sitting with her group of friends. He admitted that she looks decently attractive, especially her set of dark brown eyes. Lee Hani. She’s older than me by three years… he read the name and age written below her picture.

“Why me?” He asked, still slightly hoping that the elder lady would change her mind.

“When I first read her submission, I immediately thought of you. Trust me, you’ll be surprised.” She stated her reasons. “You’re good at improvising and working spontaneously. You’ll figure something out.”

Daniel nodded in agreement. He couldn’t deny the fact that he is one of the best in the agency due to his improvising skills and ability to adapt to a situation quickly. He opened the folder again and stopped at a specific information. “Tomorrow’s her birthday.”

“Correction, today is her birthday. It’s past midnight,” Madam corrected after looking at her watch.

“In that case, I need the fastest ride to and from Busan. Immediately.”

[End of flashback]

**************************************************************************************

Hani smiled to herself after checking the message on her phone from Daniel. She was on her way to meet him after he sent her a photo of himself surrounded by cats, informing her of his location. Daniel was doing his weekly routine of checking-up on the health of all the cats in the café with the help of Sungwoon and Minhyun.

“She’s coming?” Minhyun asked, as he fastened a cat’s collar. He saw the huge smile on the younger’s face and immediately guessed who he was texting.

Daniel nodded excitedly, the wide smile never leaving his face as he placed a cat on the weighing scale to be weighed. Sungwoon and Minhyun exchanged glances, watching how happy Daniel looked and wondered if they should ask more questions.

“I guess we’ll be seeing your girlfriend more often here,” Sungwoon simply commented as he jot down a few things in the notebook.

“By the way hyung, did you find anything about that Lee Joon guy?” Daniel turned to Minhyun, his face becoming serious.

Minhyun nodded as he fished out his phone from his pocket. “You sounded so urgent, I had to get my whole team digging through his information,” he complained, handing his phone to the younger.

“Sorry, the file that madam gave wasn’t of much help,” Daniel replied as he scanned through the phone.

He frowned afterwards, biting his lip as he tried to comprehend the situation. “This is it?”

“Told you there’s nothing to be worried about,” Sungwoon voiced out his thoughts. “Just a normal case of a cheating boyfriend.”

Minhyun nodded in response while brushing a cat’s fur. “He’s a rather uninteresting fellow. And before you ask, I’ve personally checked the agency’s archive, he’s not one of us.”

“I’m not worried. I just don’t want him to disturb Hani anymore.” Daniel tried to justify himself as he gave the phone back to its owner.

“When I read his profile, I knew he’s the kind of guy that lets girls chase after him, not the other way around. He’s too egoistic to do that.” Minhyun patted him on the shoulder as a reassurance. “He’s just full of himself that’s all. I bet he doesn’t want anything to do with Hani, but rather he felt challenged when he saw that she replaced him with someone better.”

“Besides, I’m pretty sure you’ve already scared the out of him last time.” Sungwoon added, pretending to punch the air.

“So you’ve figured out your first goal?” Minhyun asked as he picked up another cat to be groomed.

Daniel took some time to answer that question, then he nodded confidently. “Make her experience a happy and loving romantic relationship. Compared to her previous heart-breaking one.”

“You know…” Minhyun attempted to ask a sensitive question, but contemplates himself. “When this is all over, wouldn’t it be more heart-breaking then?”

“How long is this relationship?” Sungwoon raised the inevitable question.

Daniel turned his head to the eldest in the room as he sighed and looked down at Rooney who was sitting in his lap. “No specific duration. I told you last time, she didn’t fill up all the information in the forms.”

“Well, I think it’s best to assume that it’ll be over once you’ve fulfilled all the goals?” Sungwoon implied.

“I hope tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter