DARA-SHI

SETTING FIRES


My life ! I repeat, My life freakin’ ! Who would have thought that a heart could break a million of times in a day and still continue to beat? All throughout the commercial shoot, all I wanted to do was to be eaten by the ground below me. It was so difficult, well at least for me. Jiyong on the other hand is just being his usual cheeky self, joking to everyone, except for me. I’m not complaining or anything for it’s better for us to be distant at the time being than to have forceful conversations right? But I hate it when he smiles a bit more to the other girl models in the set, complimenting them, joking around them. It freakin’ irritates me and I couldn’t concentrate on the photoshoot.

 

As of the moment, I am being shot alone while Jiyong is sitting in the corner, talking with the other models. I could see one of the girls, who I remembered is a half Japanese half Korean named Tiff, slapping him by the shoulders after he made a joke. Gosh, what a flirt. I rolled my eyes and completely forgotten that the film is still rolling. “CUT” I heard the director said. “Omo! I’m sorry directornim” I apologized when I finally realized the mistake I have done.

 

In this scene, I should act mesmerized by the beer I am holding, looking at it with a big seductive smile on my lips. There was no rolling of the eyes in the script though. ! I totally messed up.

 

“Are you okay Dara-shi? You seem out of yourself today?” the director asked, no anger evident in his voice but rather concern. People usually know me as someone who is really professional so that’s why they are really nice to me even now that I kept on making mistakes in the shoot. They’ve been very patient with me. “I’m really sorry directornim. I’m just really under the weather today. But I’m okay. Let’s continue to shoot, shall we? Again, I apologized.” I said while bowing to everyone on the bar… When I finally look up, I saw him staring at me but when our eyes met, he looked away and continued to smile at the that model who is all s. Can this day get any worse?

 

After I finished that scene, the crew decided to have a 20 minute break for the set needs to be set up again for the next scene. All of the individual scenes were already shoot and the couple shoots, which well includes me and Jiyong are next. It is giving me a headache. I wanted to go out and just take a rest on my car which is parked outside when, Soonhooc, Jiyong's manager called my attention to go to where they are sitting. I wanted to refuse but well I couldn’t for that would only mean I am awkward with him right?I wouldn’t want anyone to think something is up between the two of us, not now that it has already ended. And so I walked towards their direction, mentally preparing myself, calming my heart and faked a smile.  

 

“Dara-ah, it’s been awhile. You’ve been MIA this past few weeks. I saw Chaerin and others 2 weeks ago in Cafe Diem, but you were not there. Are you being your hermit self yet again? Hahahaha” Soonhoc asked while he motioned me to sit beside Jiyong who is on the other hand still talking to that Tiff girl.

“Aigoo! Did you miss me that much huh managernim… I’m just resting, the next months will be busy, so I need to have ample of sleeping now to have energy later on” I replied and though my eyes are on managernim, my whole being is drawn to Jiyong and the girl model beside him.. I heard the girl asking Jiyong if he has new songs he had wrote and if she could hear it… Joo Hyuk laughed at the girl’s question and told her that he haven't composed any songs these days. I almost choked while drinking the iced coffee. Aisht! What a total flirt!

 

I tried to not mind them and continue my conversation with managernim… “So what did I missed these past few weeks then?” I asked.

 

“Not much really, Jiyong and I together with Youngbae were just hanging on arcades. You know the usual.” He replied. Wow the usual. He is just doing his usual routine yet here I am completely changing my habits and routine. , it is making me mad and it didn’t help that I heard Tiff asking him if she could touch his angel tattoo on his neck and he agreed immediately “Why not..hehehe!” he said. I was furious. I was about to face them and have a lengthy speech when managernim beat me to it “Hey you two, get a room! Don’t corrupt our eyes here.” He said while laughing.

 

Jiyong looked back and hit his manager's hand. I froze for his arms touched my legs when he did that to his manager for I was sitting between them. I immediately drunk the coffee in my hand to shrug this stupid feelings inside when my own Manager called my attention. “Dara, are you drinking coffee? Aisht! Didn’t you forgot the doctor’s advice for you not to drink any caffeine for it is not good for your insomnia?” Oh I've totally forgotten about that. When Soonhoc gave me the coffee awhile ago, I didn’t even think and just got it for I saw Jiyong and that flirt model laughing to whatever they are talking about. I become distracted. Seeing him with another girl makes me not think properly.

 

“Aigoo Jjangmae! Don’t worry now, will you? I am sleeping much better these days. Having a cup of coffee will not hinder my sleep, I think. Hehehe” I replied to him.

 

“Yeah don’t worry about her too much Jangmae, she could properly take care of herself, right Dara-shii?” I almost choked again when I heard him say that.

 

“What’s with the "DARA-SHI"?” I immediately replied. I looked at him and I think anger evident in my eyes. Did we just met for the first time for him to call me such name? I'm really annoyed by the way he addresses me. It is even worst than noona. It's like we're not close at all.

 

“Hahahaha. Chill! You’ve been away for almost a month that it made me think you are a new person I just met.” He replied while laughing. I don’t know if this is just one of his jokes or is he hitting on something. All I know is that I am too mad that he could joke around like that. Dara-shi huh? Fine if he wants it to be this way, then so be it!

 

“Hahahaha! You know I am always chill Jiyong shii…” I replied while giving him my most beautiful smile.