The Queen and the Thrones

VULTURE: THE LAST COLD WAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP on previous chapter (get ready for a long chapter)

 

 

“I can’t be with you if you yourself are doubting about us…”

 

 

After Jungkook walked out of the cold room, I felt the air around me suffocating me. I dropped on the floor on my knees and cried by myself because that was all I could do…

 

 

Yes… That was all I could do… I didn’t even notice, as I was on the floor, crying my heart out, I balled my hands into two tight fists… and at the same time… the entire room started to shake, causing dust to fall from the ceilings.

 

 

“Y-Yoori?”

 

 

Shortly after, Seolna walked inside the shaking room, finding me on the floor with my head facing down… She knew something was wrong… with me.

 

 

“Yoori?” She placed her palm on my shoulder…

 

 

Slowly I raised my head and her hand almost quickly removed itself from me…

 

 

She took few steps back, staring at me with full horror but mostly concern… Just like the room, she started to tremble.

 

 

“Oh my god… Yoori….. Your eyes.”

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean it’s back?”

 

 

“It’s back! I saw it… I felt it, Jimin!”

 

 

“That’s impossible… That side of her is gone…”

 

 

I could hear Jimin and Seolna from the other room, whispering about me.

 

 

What happened? My head was spinning… and their voices slowly turned into one hollow echo. I was still froze on the floor and I still couldn’t get my head to process anything that just happened.

 

 

“Hey, you’re okay?” Daniel came and knelt in front of me.

 

 

Before I could answer him, Seolna and Jimin burst back in the room and their eyes were glaring at me. There’s something about their eyes and how they stare at me, gave me the chills.

 

 

“H-H-How are you feeling?” Jimin asked. I could hear cautious in his tone.

 

 

I couldn’t answer him… I felt ty for sure and I could feel something twisting tight inside of me.

 

 

“Yoori, what happened? Jungkook stormed out and you-… and you… Something’s wrong with you!” Seolna blurted out.

 

 

“Nothing’s wrong with her… We don’t know that...” Jimin tried to calm her.

 

 

“... I…. I felt something.” I spoke and instantly, all of them turned their heads to me.

 

 

“Something that I haven’t felt for a very long time… I miss that feeling.” I told them.

 

 

My lips were moving on their own…

 

 

My eyes suddenly looked down at my left hand… Slowly I raised it up, staring every inch of it like an insane person.

 

 

All out of sudden… it shined.

 

 

The same light… The same white light that I miss… The same white light that killed many… The same white light that reminded me… how strong I was.

 

 

My eyes widened to this sight in front of me… Instantly, I stood up from the floor as soon I finally regain full conscious of myself, looking at Seolna, Jimin and Daniel as they watched me from few feet away.

 

 

I balled my hand into a tight fist and slowly, the light went out.

 

 

I made it go away… I surprised how it was easier than I thought, compared to the past.

 

 

 

“What’s going on?!! What’s happening to me?” I shouted at them.

 

 

“W-We don’t know but…we’ll look it up! I promise!” Seolna moved in front of me and gripped my wrist before dragging me out of the room.

 

 

 

 

JUNGKOOK P.O.V

 

It already past midnight and she hadn’t returned…

 

 

Why would she? I broke things off between us this morning so I shouldn’t hope that she might want to see me... This was it…She finally came to despise me… That was all I could think of.

 

 

Ever since I left the Hills, I returned back to the mansion, feeling regret, feeling slight hatred of myself but most of it, I was confused about my own demand.

 

 

I gulped down the blood and smashed the emptied glass in the fireplace... How dramatic I was... I was the one who ended things with her but a small part of me wished that she would barge inside this living room and say that she loves me just one more time… Just one more.

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

I heard the front door burst opened but I froze in my spot… I didn’t know how to face her.

 

 

“Jungkook.”

 

 

I quickly turned my head around.

 

 

“Seolna?”

 

 

“It’s… Yoori… I think you should come with me.”

 

 

“Tell me what happened.” I said.

 

 

She let out a long sigh and turned her head elsewhere around the room except me.

 

 

“Yoori will be quarantined for a few days in the tomb… So, I need you and the kid, Daniel to settle things with the hybrids.” She told me.

 

 

I frowned and then it was my turn to sigh.

 

 

“Quarantined?…She doesn’t want to see me that bad?” I murmured.

 

 

“… Look, I don’t know what’s going with you two but she needs you right now… Something happened after you were gone… She…flipped…… and now… She’s back.” Seolna slammed herself on the couch.

 

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked when I found her being extra bizarre that night.

 

 

“After you left, I went inside the room… I found her on the floor… The room was shaking and her presence… was insane… Her eyes… were all white… Do you remember the last time you saw her in that state?” She lifted her head and stared at me right in the eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter