The War: Last Part (New Chapter)

VULTURE: THE LAST COLD WAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey guys... I'm really sorry for the late update...

So I decided to do one extra chapter and give you guys a DOUBLE UPDATE...

Enjoy these final two chapters... 

 

 

“Kill her, Jungkook.” Jungkook could hear Guanlin’s voice at the back of his head like the devil's whisper.

 

“…It’s okay…” I whispered gently when his tears started to drop on my face.

 

 

“It’s okay, Jungkook… It’s okay...” I kept repeating the same thing over and over while he started to sob silently.

 

 

The sound of him sobbing silently echoed around the hallway as he tried to fight his way out of Guanlin’s mind control.

 

 

“I love you… only you, Jungkook.” I breathed out.

 

 

My eyes closed for what was about to happen next… He had his fist in the air, ready to pound me with it to death.

 

 

But suddenly…

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

The loud bang caused my eyes to snap back open and I found him, gritting his teeth tightly in his mouth while his fist has been half buried on the floor, just few inches away from my face…

 

 

Did he missed me? Did he missed me on purpose?

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

Once again, he raised his fist in the air… and punched the concrete floor just few inches away from my ear… I flinched to the sound…

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

“UGHH!!!!” He groaned in pain when I could hear the sound of the bone cracked from his hand…

 

 

“Stop-” I shouted.

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

Again…he gave the floor another blow and this time it managed to bleed him.

 

 

“J-Jungkoo-”

 

 

THUD!!!

 

 

“STOP!!! JUNGKOOK, STOP!!!” I quickly held his wrist, at the same time, his hand that was holding my neck started to loosen it’s grip.

 

 

“Y-Yoori.” He said my name softly… His fangs slowly disappeared from his mouth, same goes with the veins around his eyes… He began to look like his old self…

 

 

He brought himself up, kneeling beside me who still laying on the floor… He slid his hands carefully on my back and pulled me up from the floor before scooped me in his arms. His eyes trailed around my whole body… Unlike him, I was healing too slowly… so at the moment, I was pretty much in my worst shape.

 

 

“I-I’m… I’m sorry…. I-I saw it… I knew what I was doing but… I couldn’t stop myself… I’m so sorry… I’m sorry.” He muttered while wrapping his arms around me, pulling me closer to him…

 

 

“I thought I’d lost you forever…” I whispered in his ear.

 

 

I could feel his entire body shaken the fact that he almost kill me with his own hands… He brought his face closer to me… His hand slid my hair to the back and for the first time, for so long, his eyes met mine…

 

 

He pulled me even closer…

 

 

“I love you too… only you, Yoori.” He whispered.

 

 

He pressed our lips together and gently he pulled me up off the ground... I slid my hands around his neck, deepened the kiss as I finally realized how I was actually yearn for his kiss… The kiss that always managed to make me forget about all the pain in the world… The kiss that always succeeded to remind me who he was to me…

 

 

He suddenly pulled his lips away but still keeping me in his arms since I was still having hard time keeping myself to stand on my own.

 

 

“Isn’t that sweet?”

 

 

We turned our heads toward the icy voice, only to find Sowon at the end of the hallway with both Guanlin and Gaeun on each of her sides... I could see that Guanlin was murmuring or perhaps cursing something under his breath, the fact that his mind control ability was easily broken by Jungkook.

 

 

Jungkook held me closer to him, at the same time slightly placed himself in front of me as if he was shielding me from them while waiting for my body to heal itself.

 

 

“That was quite surprising… but at the same time, not really when it comes to the two of you… No one ever could break from Guanlin’s mind control before…” Sowon said.

 

 

We responded nothing… The only thing that was running through my mind was how the hell were we supposed to kill these hybrids… It was just the two of us…

 

 

I couldn’t just use my white light power and blast them with it… There was a chance that I might lost control of it and I could end up destroying the entire place, killing all of us at once including the witch coven outside the palace…

 

 

 

“You’re doubting yourself.” Sowon suddenly spoke with a hint of smirk on her face.

 

 

 

“You’re afraid to use your power because ever since your hybrid self returned, you haven’t had any chance to use it well.” She added.

 

 

Again, with her mind reading ability.

 

 

“Stay out of my head!” I growled pointlessly as her chuckle echoed around the hallway.

 

 

“I wish it’s that easy! I can hear everything! Your’s, Seolna’s, Jimin’s… and even his!!!” She pointed at Jungkook.

 

 

“He’s thinking of ripping my head off and at the same time, slashing Guanlin and Gaeun’s throats out!!!” She chuckled skeptically…

 

 

Her laughter gave me a slight shiver but Jungkook remained calm on my side.

 

 

“.….. Perhaps…… I can help you with that…” Sowon murmured.

 

 

She plunged her sharp claw inside Guanlin’s abdomen from behind… Blood spurted out of Guanlin’s mouth as he then slowly collapsed on the floor.

 

 

Jungkook quickly took a couple steps back, pulling me with him as we both surprised by the unexpected… including, Gaeun, who seemed like any second she was about to scream at the top of her lung.

 

 

Sowon quickly but gently slid her bloody claw on her cheek…

 

 

“S-S-Sowo-… Wha-” Gaeun stuttered fearfully.

 

 

“Shhh… I know you grew fond of him… but he was useless to us… If he couldn’t control Jeon Jungkook’s mind, then he is no use to us…” Sowon softly said to her.

 

 

“B-But-”

 

 

“He’s useless to us.” Sowon repeated her words.

 

 

Gaeun eagerly nodded her head, probably afraid that she might be the next victim of Sowon’s sudden massacre.

 

 

“You’re absolutely insane.” Jungkook groaned.

 

 

“... Yes….. Yes, I am…. and I blame you for it.” Her creepy smirk returned.

 

 

 

She suddenly sprinted towards our direction… Each steps she took, her body changed into a giant beast… Half wolf, half human…

 

 

Using what energy left inside me, I lifted my hand and pointed directly at her… A force threw her flying back before she could get her claws on us… She landed on Gaeun who was just behind her.

 

 

Jungkook used that chance by taking me with him as he then fled from the second floor… He took us to the higher floor and deeper into the castle until we came to this locked massive double door… He easily busted the door and took me inside.

 

 

It was another empty main hall… Bigger than the one where the Counselors used to gathered…

 

 

There was nothing in there but an old dusty throne chair in the middle of the room… As he carried me inside, I waved my hand swiftly, shutting the door behind us and created a shield at the entrance.

 

 

He placed me on the chair and knelt on the floor… He held my face in his palms.

 

 

“Babe, I need you to heal fast… I need your help to kill these hybrids.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter