A World Without You

VULTURE: THE LAST COLD WAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(There's intro on the hybrids at the end of this chapter... make sure to scroll till the end)

 

 

After my encounter with the hybrid kid, I dragged my body back to the mansion while gripping my wrist tightly… My blood kept dripping on the floor as I entered through the front door. The whole place was empty… Jungkook was nowhere to be found.

 

 

My vision gotten blurry… What the hell? Just because of this wound… The kid definitely did something to me. He mentioned someone… Someone by the name of Sowon. She must be one of them… One of the hybrids who was killing vampires.

 

 

I flinched and gritted my teeth tight when the pain around my wrist didn’t show any sign of healing. In fact, I was bleeding and it wont stop. The burnt wound effected me just the same way as it would effect any human… I wasn’t healing and I kept bleeding.

 

 

I crashed on the couch, head resting on the arm rest… and slowly my eyes closed.

 

 

I had another one of my dreams again… The one where I stood in front of my friends’ graves but this time, it was different… It was more crucial…

 

 

I was completely alone in that dream as Jungkook was nowhere around me.

 

And that… terrified me more than anything in this world… A world without Jungkook… A world without my creator… A world without the only person I would die for…

 

 

A world without Jungkook… forever.

 

 

 

“Yoori?!”

 

 

“Yoori?!”

 

 

“Wake up!”

 

 

I gasped out loud as I jolted awake on the couch, only to find Jungkook sitting at the edge of the seat, hands tightly on my shoulder, with the same concern look from him whenever I got myself into another ty trouble.

 

 

“Yoori!”

 

 

I slowly reached his face and kissed him on the lips… For a second, I forgotten about my wrist.

 

 

All out of sudden, he pulled his lips back… It surprised me but I knew it shouldn’t… He was still upset… mad… disappointed in me for the things I selfishly said.

 

 

“What happened?! Who did this to you?!!” He shouted but it sounded like echo in my air…

 

 

Nothing will be the same now for both of us.

 

 

“H-…H-Hybrid…… I met one.” I said softly, almost sound like I was dying… I must have sound ridiculous to him.

 

 

I fixed my position to sit next to him… Started to feel the pain again.

 

 

“H-He did this… He’s half warlock, half vampire… I think he did something… I can’t heal.” I told him.

 

 

He suddenly scooped me and carried me off the couch.

 

 

“I’m taking you back to Seolna.” He said.

 

 

 

 

“Woah… You had it again… Almost all the creatures in this world want to hurt you, Yoori.” Seolna joked.

 

 

“Can you just do something about her wound?” Jungkook snapped.

 

 

A small part of me felt relief that he could still feel and show his concern for me…but how long will it last until he stops caring… stops saying that he loves me.

 

Just a thought about it sickened me.

 

 

“I’m just saying… Yoori is a danger magnet… First, it was us, the witches…and then the Counselors, hunters… and now the hybrids? What do they want from you, Yoori?” Seolna questioned while wrapping a bandage filled with stinky herbs around my wrist.

 

 

“They don’t want me.” I told them.

 

 

I definitely earned everyone’s attentions as Jungkook, Seolna including Daniel turned their heads to me.

 

 

“They want Jungkook… He told me to hand Jungkook to them and they’ll let me live.” I said.

 

 

“So, they want the Counselo-”

 

 

“What did you say?” Jungkook cut Seolna just before she could finish her sentence.

 

 

“I said no, of course.” I frowned.

 

 

“That’s quite surprising.” He replied emptily.

 

 

 

It went silence in that room until Seolna spoke up.

 

 

“I-I have something in the potion room for your wound… I’ll go get it… I need your help, Daniel.” Seolna dragged Daniel with her out of the room, leaving me alone with Jungkook.

 

 

“What’s that supposed to mean? Why is that surprising?” I asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter