The Life We Chose

VULTURE: THE LAST COLD WAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ENJOY THIS FIRST CHAPTER <3

 

 

I started to fold our fresh clothes one by one on our bed while I could hear his footsteps on the bathroom tiles… He turned the faucet and the sound of water from the sink filled my eardrums as he splashed it on his face.

 

 

My eyes glued on my white shirt in my hand by the time he stepped out of the bathroom and reached for the towel that was on the edge of the bed to wipe his face.

 


He then came closer to me and planted a kiss on top of my head before tossing the towel inside the laundry basket beside our bed.

 


“How long are you going to stay mad at me?” He asked with that calm tone of his voice.

 

 

“I’m not mad.” I lied and he obviously knew that.

 

 

“.….. Yoori.” 

 

 

My name slipped out of his lips like a soft haunting whisper, causing me to raise my head and finally meet his eyes.


 

“I’m sorry I made us leave college… I just think it’s too risky…” He said.

 


I got up from the bed and grabbed all of the clothes, not leaving even one behind and shoved them in the laundry basket.

 

 

I went back and stood in front of him, forcing myself to genuinely smile.

 


“You don’t have to tell me twice, Jungkook… I-… I get it… We’re vampires… We’re supposed to live like one and not associate with humans…” I said.

 

 

“Don’t say it that way… I’m just trying to keep you safe…”He gently held my cheek with his right palm.

 

 

“I know…… I know you are… and you’re right… We can’t risk our lives by trying to live like humans… I don’t want the same thing to happen to us again……… I killed the journalist-”

 


“Stop bringing him up… That was years ago… People forgotten about him and we should too.” He quickly said.

 


His hands slid their way around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

 

 

“I promise you… Things will get better… We’ll go anywhere you want… Just say the word and I’ll take you far away from here…. Just you and me.” He leaned forward until our upper lips touched.

 


“.….. Anywhere?”

 


My legs felt instantly weak as I was in his arms…….. Damn him and his way of changing the subject.

 


“Yeah… Anywhere.”

 


I quickly gave him a short kiss but after I tried to pull myself away, he caught my lips back with his and that’s when almost immediately, I was his… Our lips battled with one another as his hands that were on my back slid under my shirt.

 

 

In a blink of an eye, I pushed him to the bed until he seated on the edge of it… I placed myself on his laps which he suddenly flipped me around, making I’m the one to lay on the bed with him on top of me.

 

 

With that smirk on his face, he took off his shirt, throwing it over the bed and left his upper body bare for me to gaze… My body heated right away and my cheek obviously reddened as he buried his face in my neck… Everything he did that night successfully made me forget about the whole college thing.

 


Damn him…

 

 

 

 


The next morning, I woke up with a jolt and sweats on my forehead… I looked around the massive bedroom confused and a bit dazed… As soon I looked at my right side, only then I managed to calm myself back… He was still soundlessly asleep next to me on the bed… 

 

 

I shook my head and wiped the sweats off my head with the back of my palm… 


 

“.….. Again.” I murmured alone.


 

After pushing away the same dream, I laid back on the bed and placed my palm on his chest that was moving calmly up and down… Surprisingly, that was enough to wake him up as his eyes suddenly opened, staring deeply back at me.

 

 

“Sorry… Didn’t mean to wake you.” I said, almost like whispering.

 

 

“You didn’t… I was already awake… What’s the matter, Yoori?” He asked.

 

 

“It’s nothing… Just-… Just the same dream.” I told him.

 

 

“Again?” He frowned a little.

 

 

I nodded my head.

 

 

“Don’t worry… I’ll get help from Seolna tomorrow… I’m sure she has something to stop the dream.” I said quickly before he could ask furthermore.


 

 

Jungkook pulled me closer to him on the bed…


 

 

“I’m sorry.” He breathed.


 

“... Don’t be…”

 

 

Later that day, I took a long walk in the same woods… I could hear the sound of broken branches on the ground on each step I took as the wind brushed harsh against my skin… 

 

 

Moments later, from where I was, I could see the Hills… With the same force field around it to hide itself from the humans, I came closer to it…

 

 

I reached my hand to touch it... Immediately, I was electrocuted by the force, forbidding me to enter the territory… I was no longer a witch so the force field absolutely worked on me.

 

 

I smiled while seeing my hand healed itself…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter