THE VULTURE (New Chapter)

VULTURE: THE LAST COLD WAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up from the sleep with a jolt… I looked around the room and realized I was not back at the mansion… I was in one of the Hills’ tomb rooms… What happened? I didn’t remember returning to the Hills from the Vulture… and I didn’t remember changing my clothes as I looked down at this white, long sundress… The dress definitely belonged to Seolna.

 

 

I peeled myself from the bed to get some water from the jug on the study table… As soon I stood up, I could feel myself getting a little bit light headed… I shook my head lightly, trying to get my eyesight to focus.

 

 

What happened to me?

 

 

Suddenly the bedroom door burst opened, causing me to jump a bit due to the sound… It wasn’t that loud but in my head, it felt as if someone just released a grenade.

 

 

“Yoori?!” Seolna barged into the room, followed by Jimin and of course, Jungkook…

 

 

They all had the same concern face… Oh no… What did I do this time?

 

 

Jungkook went to my side, sliding his hand around my waist.

 

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

 

“I-I’m okay… What happened?” I asked.

 

 

Instead of answering, the three of them seemed to not know how to begin.

 

 

“Seolna?” I turned to her.

 

 

“Well… After the fight with the hybrids, you sort of… lost conscious… Yoori, you fainted... and you’ve been asleep for a month…” Seolna said after a while.

 

 

“A month?!… How-… Why?” I asked more.

 

 

“We think it has something to do with your hybrid side… Killing all of those hybrids, it shook the balance of all creatures... You’re the only hybrid alive… The change effected you…” Jimin explained.

 

 

“But you’ll be okay.” Jungkook assured me.

 

 

“Yes… It’s just a way of nature alerts you… Telling you that you’re on your own now… You’re the last one… unless some vampire fools decided to turn other creatures into hybrids, then we’ll have a problem.” Seolna said.

 

 

“Don’t worry… I’ll keep my eyes on the remaining vampires.” Jungkook told her.

 

 

I frowned to his sudden words… Since when keeping an eye on the vampires was part of his interest… or concern?

 

 

“I can see you two have plenty things to talk… We’ll leave you guys…” Jimin said before he left the room, taking Seolna with him.

 

 

“You must be hungry.” Jungkook said to me.

 

 

Now that he mentioned it, I was indeed starving for blood… Sweet, thick human blood.

 

 

He went to the corner of the room and dragged an ice container out of the wooden closet… As soon he lifted the lid, the scent travelled around the room… I went closer to his side in a flash before grabbing one of the blood bags… My hunger struck in as I just ripped the top of the bag and gulped down the red liquid.

 

 

“Make sense… You were asleep for weeks without blood…” He said when I grabbed the second bag inside the container.

 

 

“I was unconscious for weeks… What have I missed, Jungkook?” I asked.

 

 

“Quite a lot… The news that you’re the last hybrid alive spread fast… Everyone is wondering about you.” He said.

 

 

Everyone?

 

 

“What do you mean ‘everyon-”

 

 

“... And Suga and Somin were here few days ago when they heard about what happened.” He added.

 

 

“Wh-… You told them?!! I thought we all agreed not to get them involve with this side of the world anymore?” I argued, forgetting about who he meant by ‘everyone’.

 

 

“I know but Jimin had to tell her… Somin is her sister after all.” He said.

 

 

While I gulped down the third bag, I could see there was something else he’s trying to tell me but for whatever reason, he hesitated to.

 

 

“What? What is it?” I asked eventually.

 

 

“There is one more thing that you must know, Yoori…”

 

 

“... Are you good to walk?” He asked.

 

 

I nodded my head lightly, wiping the blood stain from the corner of my lips with the back of my hand.

 

 

 

Apparently we were leaving the Hills as we walked heading back to the Ice Cave… He was taking me back to the Vulture.

 

 

“What are we doing back here?” I asked when we were inside the cave.

 

 

“I need you to be part of this… I’ve been thinking a lot.” He said…and that was all he said.

 

 

He made me wonder even more on what had happened for the past four weeks I was asleep.

 

 

As soon we stepped inside the Ice wall to the Vulture world, I could feel the presences of the other vampires… There were hundreds, thousands of them… With the hybrids gone, of course they returned to the only world they didn’t have to hide their true selves.

 

 

Jungkook took my hand and held it firmly with his as he took us back to the castle…

 

 

“You’ve returned, Jungkook? And you’ve brought your lady…” One of the vampires approached us as we entered the building.

 

 

He was young and pale looking as the rest of us... The only thing you would notice about him, other than his obvious good look, was his height.

 

 

“It’s good to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter