five

there's only you

They were still holding each other. Doyoung doesn’t know how long they’ve been standing like that, but it felt like ages to him, and the only thing he knew is that he didn’t want to let go. Just then, funnily enough, Taeyong walked in.

They sprung apart, and Doyoung took a look at Taeyong’s face. He looked…confused, to say the least. Looking at him reminded him of last night, and he felt that same knot in his stomach again, growing tighter and bigger. Taeyong eyed both of them silently, cleared his throat, then said, “Good morning,” he motioned towards them, “what are you guys up to?”

“Doyoung hyung’s just mad at me,” he nudged Doyoung, “and I’m trying to make him not mad.”

Doyoung shot him a look.

“I see.” Taeyong smiled, all close-lipped. Doyoung felt the slightest shred of satisfaction coursing through him. He looked at Doyoung. “Why’re you mad at him?”

Thankfully, Taeil walked in just then. God, I love you, Doyoung thought to himself. “What’s going on?” he asked, half asleep.

“Nothing,” Doyoung rushed to him, thankful for the distraction. “Do you wanna go for a walk? I feel like walking today.” Taeil wasn’t much of a morning person, but it was still worth a shot. He did, actually, want some fresh air. He needed it, he needed to clear his head.

“What? No. Are you crazy? I just woke up,” he said groggily. “Take Jaehyun, he’s always wanting to go out.” Jaeyun’s eyes lit up at that. He’s such a kid, Doyoung thought, and it was so endearing. But going out on a walk with Jaehyun was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

“I don’t-“ Doyoung started.

“Yeah, why not? I’ll go,” he smiled playfully, “maybe it’ll get him to finally talk.”

Maybe Doyoung imagined it, but he saw Jaehyun look at Taeyong for a split second, and he saw the pink haired boy look away. He poured himself some coffee, and quietly walked out.

“So? You up for it?”

Doyoung sighed. What other choice did he have? “Fine,” he shrugged. “I’ll go get my shoes.”

 

It was beautiful outside – the sun was shining softly so it wasn’t too hot, a soft breeze humming lightly through the trees. It was such a stark contrast to how he was feeling inside, he thought, but he hoped being outside would get him out of his stump.

He looked over at Jaehyun, the sunshine on his face, making his skin look like honey – he was glowing. He was always glowing, whenever Doyoung looked at him. He was so beautiful it hurt his heart, and here under the sun, his features all lit up, his hair looking lighter than it actually is – he looked unreal and it took his breath away just a tad bit. He thought about their trainee days, and how much Jaehyun’s grown and matured over the years. Except he was still the same, the same bright, smiley, playful Jaehyun who would always cling to him. And the thought of someone else taking up all his time, someone else replacing Doyoung made him sad beyond belief.

They walked around for a while, both silent, which was okay, it was a good kind of quiet. They walked to the nearby park. Jaehyun sat down on one of the benches, patting the space next to him for Doyoung to sit. He did, hesitantly. He looked at Jaehyun, and he felt his insides itch again, and he couldn’t take it anymore.

“So, you and Taeyong, huh?” he ventured slowly.

Jaehyun turned towards him. “What about us?” If he looked taken aback, he didn’t let it show.

“Don’t play dumb.” Jaehyun was looking at him, his eyes intense. “I, uh, saw you guys last night.” he tried not to let the hurt seep through his voice.

Jaehyun was silent for a while. “That was…nothing.” He looked away.

“Didn’t look like nothing to me,” he didn’t want to sound accusatory, but he couldn’t help it.

“Look, it’s just…we were talking, okay? There’s nothing going on between us, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“He pecked you. On the lips,” he said dumbly.

Jaehyun shrugged. “He just does that sometimes. He’s weird like that.”

Doyoung wasn’t convinced. He knew there was more to it. But he didn’t want to push Jaehyun if it wasn’t something for him to know.

“Right, yeah.” He looked away. He didn’t know what to feel anymore.