one

there's only you

Let's just cut to the chase. Doyoung had a big, fat crush on Jaehyun. Actually, would you call it a crush if it surpasses three years? Whatever it was, Doyoung knew one thing: he'd do anything for that boy. Like, he would go out and play basketball or whatever for Jaehyun. That's how he knew he was in too deep.


You're probably wondering what the catch is. The catch is an insanely gorgeous pink-haired boy named Lee Taeyong, who Doyoung probably would've fallen in love with if Jaehyun didn't exist. Except it was easy not to, because what he felt for him bordered on almost disliking him. You can probably guess why. Yes, he did, in fact, hog Jaehyun's attention most of the time and he was the person who Jaehyun was the closest to. Go figure.

 

It was incredibly chilly that night, and Doyoung found Jaehyun, Mark, Johnny and Taeyong lying lazily in front of the tv, all huddling under the same blanket cosily. 


"What? That's it? Dude, that was such a bad ending!" Johnny cried.


"Shut up, it wasn't that bad. The whole point of it was to leave the ending ambiguous." Taeyong said. He had one of his arms draped over Jaehyun's shoulders. Doyoung pretended to not notice.


"Ambiguous, my ing ." Johnny said.


"Hey, language." Doyoung said instinctively, pointing to Mark. Even though he knew fully well Mark wasn't a baby anymore. It was just....motherly instincts, even though Doyoung hated to admit it.


Johnny yawned. "Right. Anyway, I'm going to bed. You guys can continue watching your crap movies with the ambiguous endings." He stuck his tongue out at Taeyong and went off to his room.


"Mark, don't you have that music show recording with the dreamies tomorrow? You should go to bed too. Mark cried out a reluctant 'but, hyuuung' but eventually complied and went to his room.


"So, what are we watching?" Doyoung hopped on the couch beside Jaehyun. This whole thing, it was so ironic, he thought.


He probably imagined it, but Taeyong pulled Jaheyun just a little closer to him. Or maybe Doyoung was just protecting. Whatever it was, Doyoung sprawled out on the couch and laid his head on Jaehyun's lap. Jaehyun, being as touchy as he was, began combing his hand through Doyoung's black locks. His hands were so soft, so delicate, and Doyoung was about to close his eyes to revel in the heavenly feeling when Taeyong said, "Uh, shouldn't we be going to bed soon too? I remember manager hyung saying something about this interview we have tomorrow." That little . Doyoung didn't want to dislike him, he really didn't - Taeyong was an amazing person and a good leader and he kept them all in place. And he was probably being genuine just then, but Doyoung didn't feel like admitting that with Jaehyun running his hands through his hair this softly, his mind turning to mush.


"Hyung, it's fine. We have time watch another movie. Come on, loosen up." Jaehyun nudged Taeyong playfully. Taeyong let out an exaggerated sigh and smiled at him. "Fine, pick one then."


He looked through the choices. "Uh.....I can't pick one between Interstellar and Inception. Doyoung hyung, choose one."


"Let's go with Interstellar."


"Interstellar it is."


Throughout the movie, Jaehyun had proceeded from running his hands through Doyoung's hair to playing with the strings on his hoodie. That boy, he could never keep his hands still. At one point, he softly grazed Doyoung's cheek with one thumb, and Doyoung swore he had an aneurysm right then and there.


You really aren't helping this situation, you know, Doyoung thought. If anything, you keep making it worse every day.


Not that Doyoung would have it any other way.