two

there's only you


One fortunate evening for Doyoung, all of the members decided to go out for dinner to this new place that opened, only Doyoung wasn't feeling up to it that night, so he refused. To his surprise - and utter joy - so did Jaehyun.


"I'll stay in too. I feel kinda sick. Have fun, though." He told the other members.


Jaehyun actually was sick, it turns out. Doyoung felt his forehead and it was almost burning. "Hey, you feel hot. Go to your bed and lie down for a while." Doyoung insisted.


"I'm fine.....I just feel a little weak..." he mumbled groggily.


"Jaehyun."


"Hyung." Jaehyun looked at him, all puppy eyes and lazy smiles, and Doyoung felt his knees go weak. How is it that Jaehyun affected him this much? It was embarrassing, is what it was. Doyoung hated himself for being so weak for him.


"Jaehyun, just go to your room. I promise you'll feel better once you rest. Look, I'll make you something to eat too."


Finally, Jaehyun got up from the couch. "Fine. But come with me too, you never finished telling me what happened in that book you were reading." Doyoung's heart fluttered. He didn't think Jaehyun actually paid attention to all the nonsense he spewed when they were alone.


They went to his room and Jaehyun lied down on the bed, while Doyoung sat on the edge. "Here," Jaehyun said, pulling Doyoung beside him and spreading the comforter on top of them both, "that's more comfy."


Doyoung could feel Jaehyun's bare legs on his, he could feel their arms touching lightly. Jaehyun turned to him. "Okay, now keep talking till I fall asleep."
It's not like he had anything else to do, so he started narrating the story from the Murakami book he was currently reading. At one point, Jaehyun took Doyoung's hands and started playing with his fingers. Doyoung tried to keep his voice, his speech steady. Jaehyun started drawing circles on the back of his hand, and Doyoung felt tingles go up and down his spine. This is so stupid, he thought. Jaehyun made him feel so warm and tingly.


Jaehyun's eyes started fluttering, and he eventually fell asleep, his fingers still tangled in Doyoung's. Doyoung looked at the figure sleeping beside him, and his heart hurt because of how angelic and peaceful and beautiful he looked. Jaehyun, his beautiful, lovely, warm Jaehyun. He loved him so goddamn much.

 

 

The next morning, he came to Jaehyun's room with a cup of juice and some breakfast. Jaehyun smiled at him. "Thank you, hyung. I really, really appreciate all of this."


Doyoung snorted. "Stop thanking me. Also, I have a question."


"Hmm?"


"Do you actually pay attention when I go on and on about those books to you?"


"I mean, sure, kind of," he smirked, "mostly I just like listening to your voice, though."


Doyoung felt like he was floating for the rest of the day.